Project Harmonics 223 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

After reading Project Sunflower, a few ideas have been buzzing around my head. One of them revolves around the activities of Earth First, specifically one member. Before I get too deep, I was wondering how everyone interpreted the group. Personally, I thought of them as an Anonymous type group. No real leadership, but when something contradicts or threatens their core ideals they jump into action.

Another interpretation I could see is a Humanity Front (from Deus Ex: Human Revolution) style group. Unlike Anonymous, they actually have a leader and public face. If it wasn't for the ark bombings mentioned early in the story, this would be believable.

Hoopy McGee
Group Admin

Think loosely organized groups of people with roughly the same goals (keeping humanity on Earth), but with different sub-groups of folks. Many of these sub-groups were various levels of protesters, from those who would simply write sternly-worded letters, to those who would protest with signs in front of government buildings and the like.

Then there was a small but radical element: those that would actually sabotage and vandalize any attempts to get humanity off of the planet. They sabotaged a bunch of rockets and Arc ships* in Houston, for example.

*Arc ships were large ships designed to cart as many humans as possible into space. The plan was to create a huge space station, along with many smaller stations, and attempt to get as many people off-planet as possible. Construction on these stations was already underway. However, they would have been grossly inadequate, could at best be used to evacuate a few thousand people who would die in a few years anyway due to insufficient radiation shielding and lack of resources. They were, as Earth First protesters enjoyed pointing out, were merely a way of giving people hope and stopping everyone from freaking out as the Black Tide nibbled away at the planet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2