Fillyfooler
Group Admin

Check for future referencing.

Wouldn't it be easier to, you know, say what got changed?:ajsmug:

SHL

3457708 Agreed with my partner.

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

What and deny you the unfathomable joy of checking the rules? For shame.

Okay let me take this tosunder.

So I'm here to tell you we're so much better,
Than those stupid mares who love dick,

Under the link to the rules that names itself as a welcome is this mission statement poem that belittles males' lovers. This includes the bisexuals in the next line of the poem.

Open your heart and lacinia's to us,

http://dictionary.com/browse/apostrophe.

You could use further spelling lessons:
http://dictionary.com/browse/who's;
http://dictionary.com/browse/it's;
http://dictionary.com/browse/brake.

I notice often, not sometimes, that lesbians can't spell.

Rule 2. The Female/Female relationship must either be main focus or of equal focus in the story you submit. If it's just an aside, then sorry someone else can have it.

Do you define female as sex or gender? And how do you define relationship?

Rule 3. On the forums or comments, be nice. We're all here for the same reason, there's no reason to bicker or be mean.

Don't tell everyone to be nescient. nice < niais < nescius := not-skilled.

Rule 4. No Foalcon or Rape. What is foalcon? Underage sex or to be more specific no one under the age of 18 engaging in coitus. Okay, got that? No under 18's having sex to be in this group. None.

This is absurd that you'd apply a law for legal persons for fictional horses in a world that has its own rules. That is if you meant to state this to hedge for the law besides your stated ageist prudery and hate in other threads. Your mission statement is to present a narrow kind of love and lust but denigrate others as stupid or filthy. In FiM four years pass by and yet nobody ages much. Nobody but the alicorns and Granny Smith are called by their ages. If you mean the MLP equivalent of human years and development, I don't see any teens represented other than a cheerleader, trader, and some Apples and if Equestria Girls is anything to go by almost everyone should be under 18 as what adults who work and own a house go to high school? The fact is foals are fillies too; they feel and nothing other than prudes or censors bars them from sex, nor do they feel that sex is filthy or wrong until maybe they grow up and listen to victims or the shielded. I also see there's no rule that prevents the underage from joining or writing.

Lyra Heartstrings X Bon Bon: Folder for the popular coupling of Lyra Heartstring and Bon Bon. All Ratings are accepted.

Heartstrings

4. No obvious clop, though exceptions may be given, it has to have story, character, ect...

given:
etc.

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

3718361 Banned with the force of a giant mallet

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

Though they did make a few good points about certain issues, but I fixed most of them I think. So opening poem has been modded and rules have been expanded.

Banned for presenting their side in an intelligent and logical manner without so much as an attempt to combat any of their points.

Trying to remember why I am a member of this group and failing. I'll just take my leave now.

Upon further inspection, there were a couple of douchey bits in there. But eh, it's not like a situation where someone said something logically in this group and got banned/hated on for it is out of the ordinary.

3718361 I don't know how much this is going to matter now, but how many teenagers are mature enough to handle the consequences of sex? Just because someone 'feels' doesn't mean acting on those feelings is a good idea without the proper maturity and education. And with characters as young as the CMCs are, well, some things are just wrong, no matter what argument you can come up with. I, for one, hardly think a ban on foalcon is an unreasonable rule to follow.

alysdexia is banned from the group for trolling, apparently, so don't hold your breath for a reply. :derpytongue2:

But anyway, the thing is, underage people are going to have sex whether us old folks think they should or not (cue cane-brandishing). I find a different reason to agree on foalcon being/staying banned in this group, though. Actually, two different reasons.

One, this is a particular interest group, and it's up to the leaders to define what those interests are. If that interest isn't foalcon/is against foalcon, then it's not foalcon. Simple as.

Two, conflation of homosexuality with paedophilia by many major (typically religious) organizations IRL is not necessarily a good image to lend apparent credence to, regardless what one's opinion of foalcon/lolicon/shotacon/whatever may be.

3726844 Those are actually very good points. I do recognize that one could argue the relative maturity of teenagers (and certainly there are plenty of adults who aren't mature enough to handle sex, and I do stand beside my statement regarding children who are roughly the age of the CMC's). I actually thought of something along your first reason after I made my initial post. This site and its constituent groups are privileges, not rights. Their group, their rules and they, as the people who made the site/groups, have the right to remove people who are abusing those privileges.

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

3726844 Explain, explain this post. It makes no sense

One, this is a particular interest group, and it's up to the leaders to define what those interests are. If that interest isn't foalcon/is against foalcon, then it's not foalcon. Simple as.

I very clearly state that I am against foalcon in the rules and the purpose of this group as well. Please people go through the rules, I spent a lot of time on them.
Also children, and I do mean children as in under 13, aren't exactly known for wanting to have sex at such a young age. As for teens, well they need time to mature.

Also children, and I do mean children as in under 13, aren't exactly known for wanting to have sex at such a young age.

This... makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Our sex hormones don't operate on our social agreements. They're not turned on the very millisecond that we turn 13 or whatever the legal limit for consensual sex is.
They're not activated minutes before you turn that age, either. In most cases, people hit puberty at age 10-12 (sometimes even earlier). At this point, I'd like to quote a proper research:

Six percent of all U.S. high school students had sexual intercourse before age 13.

Source

As for teens, well they need time to mature.

This is the main reason why I have a burning disdain towards US education system: Instead of providing proper sexual education, it is ignored until "they're old enough."
Sex ed should be taught at the end of elementary school and not wait and hope that your child won't become a parent before they manage to attend the course on sexual education. If they even come to that point (as in if they don't drop out sooner).

Keep in mind, that none of this is advocating underage sex. It's just dispelling the myths that it doesn't exist and that waiting for your children to "grow up" to teach them how to practice safe sex is absolutely idiotic AND harmful.

Children grow up sooner than we expect them to. Rather than being ignorant of that fact, we should arm them with knowledge what to do and how to protect themselves against STDs and unwanted pregnancies. Because they will have sex sooner or later, regardless if they tell their parents or not.

~Twi

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

First question why are we talking about America, America is has a worst relationship with sex than that of the british government with Argentina during the 1980's, and I don't live there and as such care little about their statistics, cause that much research over such a large population always leads to problems, and then we've got false answer bias, and because of the shocking American sex ed I would guess another bias of misinformation. But whatever I'm not here to talk about studies and the information found within, I was making a point. And another point I said

aren't exactly known for wanting to have sex at such a young age.

which backs up your stat cause 6% is very low, a minority I would hazard at guessing, which I would say goes with my aren't exactly, as in it happens but rates are low.

Also I actually was going to bring up the falling age of puberty, but left it out because it gave nothing to the discussion.

And finally I wasn't saying sex ed for adolescents isn't important, it is but that's not foalcon is, or what ever -con (for example Loli, shota...) your fandom uses is about. It's about the fetishisation of teenage and child bodies. And that's what I'm against, what I stand, and others like me stand in opposition to.

I very clearly state that I am against foalcon in the rules and the purpose of this group as well. Please people go through the rules, I spent a lot of time on them.

In what you quoted, I was offering one of a number of arguments in favor of the rules you have made. My intent was to say that as a group founder and administrator, you define the focus and rules of the group, and you have defined an anti-foalcon position, so anti-foalcon it is and shall be. Furthermore, my intent was to say that because of this, I respect your rules regarding foalcon.

In short, we do not disagree and I respect the rule you made with regards to foalcon, unless I'm massively misinterpreting your posts or I'm using words that mean the opposite of what I think they mean.

(And I'm aware that the rule has been in existence for a long time now. I showed up because it was being discussed, not to contest it.)

Total side note:

First question why are we talking about America, America is has a worst relationship with sex than that of the british government with Argentina during the 1980's

Honestly, the UK hasn't gotten any better, what with the fairly well-known (in the UK) ring of active paedophiles within the government and such.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17