[PROTOTYPE] Fiction 568 members · 69 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Has there ever been a reason why Alex would be in a relationship with Karen? As most of you know, the original Alex was, well... a sociopath; meaning that he wouldn't have had any sort of feelings for miss Parker. That also raises the question of why he ever got himself involved with her to begin with. She doesn't have anything that Alex needed during his employment at gentek, and he almost certainly could not have actually loved her. This is Alex Mercer, after all. The man who would willingly damn the entire planet to a slow, painful death, if it meant he could have the final laugh.

Your thoughts?

4531947 To use her. For what ends, I don't know.

That was my first assumption, as well, but there was nothing he didn't already have that Karen could give him, given that he was the head researcher of the Blacklight project. There was not a single reason why he was with Karen, and not one reason that I can accurately point out.

But I suppose that's just Alex Mercer. Plans within plans...

4532003 It doesn't have to be elaborate. It could just be 'look, I'm normal, I have a girlfriend'.

a sociopath; meaning that he wouldn't have had any sort of feelings for miss Parker.

I wouldn't say that. He's certainly CAPABLE of having feelings for people. Like those for Dana. But those he gives a lick for are a very small number, canonically totaling 3.

The man who would willingly damn the entire planet to a slow, painful death, if it meant he could have the final laugh

I put that more up to emotions than actual intent. He doesn't care for most people at all, and when Blackwatch cornered him, he got mad, really mad, so mad, that he didn't even consider Dana, and the vial was the only thing he had that he could use. He didn't INTEND to use it, I mean, who would be crazy enough to shoot a man holding a virus that could end all life? He just misjudged just how far Blackwatch is willing to go.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5