Lightning Dust Is Best Pony 550 members · 499 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

If Lightning Dust was playable in Fighting is Magic, what do you think her super moves would be? And please don’t say “the same as Rainbow Dash”...

The same as Rainbow Dash probably.

Or sure there would be aesthetic differences, but a lot of their notes would hit the same.

You could maybe do something with her riding a explosive rocket for her final smash or shooting through a lighting storm that electrocutes every one else on the field.

Swap her trail for one that electrifies enemies in her wake, things like that.

the same as Rainbow Dash

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger
Group Admin

Since nobody seems to be giving a full response here and I happen to have a 'thing' for fighting games, I might as well copy/paste my response from when I last heard this question:

I haven't played Fighting is Magic and thus have no idea about its fighting system or Rainbow's moveset. That being said:

Solo-Nado: Generate a weak tornado immediately in front of Lightning. Stronger versions can linger in place for longer. Effective anti-air counter.

Thunderclap: Lightning claps her wings in front of her, creating a close-range, short-lived electrified shockwave. Staggers if used as a counter and can reflect most projectiles. Stronger versions are less demanding on the reflection timing.

Thunderclap: Lit Fuse: When Thunderclap hits at close range, Lightning briefly grapples and throws opponent at Short Fuse, who unleashes a fierce tirade. Doesn't do any damage, but temporarily reduces opponent's speed, defense and attack power.

Thunderclap: Thunderstruck: When Thunderclap hits at close range, Lightning briefly grapples and throws opponent at Rolling Thunder, who delivers a passing strike. Does weak damage, but bounces the opponent back at Lightning to set up a longer combo.

Washout Bomb: Short Fuse drops from above to smash into the ground before flying off. Different triggering buttons determines where he lands in relation to Lightning. Good for setting up traps.

Washout Pass: Rolling Thunder flies across the screen, dealing damage if connecting. Her elevation (high, medium, low) is determined by the triggering button. Good for setting up traps.

Keep Up!: Temporarily boosts Lightning's movement speed. Also lets her cancel out of certain moves/combos that she couldn't before. Takes more and deals less damage while activated.

Super: Gale Force: Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse join Lightning to create a tornado that takes up a large portion of the screen and sucks the opponent in.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4