Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,669 stories
Comments ( 80 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 80
Hingard
Group Admin

Okay so just like the feedback thread here you can post all you excess story ideas for the group to see.
There's no real rules to this thread other than keep the posts specific to story ideas, if you do not I will delete your post.

anyone else think that a RariJack ship with a "Hangover" twist would be an interesting read?

Me:

Weird side: :rainbowwild:

Normal side: :applejackunsure:

Over all:

No.

well. i guess i better delete that project then

An idea I was considering:

Applejack gets paralyzed when a falling branch damages her spine. A short while later she apparently recovers but has actually been switched with a changeling. The changeling feeds off the love the mane 6 have for their friend until they discover what it is. (Strange behavior on the farm, missing experience, etc) The Mane 6 are horrified, and then one of two things happen
a) They realize that it is truly trying to serve as a replacement for Applejack and since it is unlikely she will recover it far kinder for everyone to try and live with this new Applejack
b) It realizes that it feels guilt for lying to them (attempting to be the element of honesty and all) it tries to make it up to them by using the magic it has gathered from them to heal Applejack, it is left weak and dies leaving the ponies mournful.

What are your thoughts?

Hingard
Group Admin

863222 not a bad idea, Would make a nice one shot type story.

Trixie and Lightning Dust end up as roommates and decide to become friends (literally, they have a conversation and say "we should try this whole 'friend' thing), and it actually works, helping them overcome the extreme jealousy Trixie has for Twilicorn.

Ok first sry for my terrible english not my first language.

My story idea is a crossover with the movie "Pick of Destiny" it takes place after the fight with the devil Tenacious D win but the Devil send them too Equstria a land without rock&roll and they turned into Diamond Dogs (projekt name "Tenacious D D?") and now they adventure through Equestria and give some lessons about rock&roll.

I still don't know if they should met the mane 6 (they should definitely met Octavia and Vinyl) or not and also I need a extrem good editor who knows the D and can cange some lyrics.

863114 NO!!! Just because one person doesn't like something you write doesn't mean nobody will. Personally I WOULD be very interested in it. If you've already deleted it, there isn't much you can do short of re-writing the whole thing, but don't delete something just because of 1 person's opinion, when there are billions of people in the world, and millions (or maybe even over a billion) people on this site! You never know WHO might like WHAT. So don't delete it. Put it out there. Let the general public decide. Maybe get a proof-reader or an editor. Basically; just because one person said it, doesn't mean every person will.

Also no offense intended to anyone...

Title- Sons of Discord

Tags- OC [Adventure] [Dark] [Crossover]

Description- The gryphon motorcycle club “Sons of Discord” has more or less co-existed peacefully with the small town of Feathered Heights for decades, despite their less-than-savory business practices and frequent run-ins with the law. However, when a defense pact between Equestria and the United Gryphon Republic brings progress to the small town, the SoD is faced with a choice: Adapt and lose the core values that founded their club, or fight and risk losing it all. ***This is a shameless Sons of Anarchy crossover that I will likely never write. I just finished watching season four of the show and got a wild hair up my ass.***

I made a group essentially based entirely on this premise...

I'd read that if it were funny. It seems like a really comedic theme. I don't like the second half you put there, though.

868569 Actually, when I first thought of it I had a fairly serious theme in mind; possibly even attempted suicide. :pinkiesad2:

Someone else is writing a lighthearted take, here

Humans and ponies live on the same planet and interact. At some point some human scientists do an experiment, combining earth,unicorn,and Pegasus ponies DNA in to a human embryo, the child is born and you can take it from there

I had a story idea that was way too crazy not to post in here:

Fleeing from the authorities once again, the Brainteasers from Darkwing Duck (here's a reminder image:)

land in Equestria. They take over part of the Mane 6 by assuming the role of harmless headwear, and by finding out about the Princesses, decide to overthrow Equestria by taking control of them.
The only one able to stop them is Applejack, who fools them into thinking she is one of them by making the ultimate sacrifice: Glueing googly eyes onto her stetson.

863002>>863222>>863289

Okay here's a story that's been bugging me for about a month on end now.

The title is Insomnia, the story starts off like this Rainbow Dash is going through her every non work day routine, practicing for the Wonderbolts. After her training she gets a message from Twilight telling Everypony to come to the library. So being a loyal friend in all Dash decides to go to the Golden Oaks Library.

Where it turns out Twilight got a message from the Princess, requesting that the mane 6 go to an old Temple deep with in the Everfree forest that's been recently discovered. Instantly Dash jumps at the challenge thinking it's going to be just like the Daring Do books. Soon after that the rest agreed they would go the next morning.

So comes around the time of the trip, the group goes and they do discover the temple, but... It's unlike any other temple that Dash had read about. This one is a large cave leading deep with in a mountain, so after the six set up camp a little ways away. They then go to bed, the next morning the six ponies venture deep with in the temple.

Again unlike any other temple Dash read about there was no traps, rolling boulders trying to smash them or arrows coming out of walls. It was just a trail leading down outlined by paintings, in the end they come across the main room which is also the end of the temple.

The room was large and mean freaking huge like foot ball field size. And at the end of the this football field size room, was a large piller like object. But instead of reaching all the way up to the Ceiling like most pillers it stopped about half way there. And ontop of this half piller, was a crystal sphere. Perfectly round and shiny glistening when ever a light hit it.

Twilights attempts to bring the sphere down with her magic, but realizes somethings wrong she can't use her magic. Confused Twilight asks Dash if she can fly up and retrieve it, again being a loyal friend and all why not.

So Dash flys up and upon touching the sphere with her hooves, something happens. There's a bright flash of cyan light. But only for a split second blinding Dash, after rubbing her eyes and regaining her vision. She takes the now cyan colored crystal sphere. After giving it the Twilight the Mane six then proceed to head back to Ponyville.

Now here comes the actually plot line, when Dash returns home she's beat down and tired. All she wants to do is sleep. So that's what she does, she gets in her bed and closes her eyes. Right when she closes them she falls asleep but isntantly waking back up. Terrified as she is blinded by the sheer amount of whiteness that has met her eyes. Dash quickly shields her eyes, but then she notices something where are her hooves. Where is her bedroom? Why is she in a white room, why are all the walls covered in grafiti of Clouds Dale and pictures of her friends, stumbling out of bed Dash realized she doesn't have her regular legs. Falling face first, she climbs to her new found legs looking around the new room she notices a toliet in one corner a sink in the other with a mirror and a door in the corner. Making her way towards the sink she notices a creature she has never seen before,

A women with short rainbow dyed hair wearing green jumpsuit with violet eyes and walks onto legs with a name tag that reads Rebecca Dawson. Dash may have woken up,

But not in Equestria.

I'll be pissed if this story has been done before. Even if it has though I'm still writing it.

941556 reverse HiE? :pinkiegasp: Color me interested. :rainbowderp:

863289 That sounds a lot like an existing story, except that story has Fluttershy instead of Lightning Dust and is a comedy.

Anyway, some ideas I've got:

It's Time to Meet the Ponies [Comedy][Crossover][Slice of Life]

Bunsen Honeydew has really done it now. The Muppet Labs Extra-Intra-Dimensionaliser 3000 has accidentally transported the entire Muppet Show troupe to a town filled with candy-coloured ponies. But the Muppets have performed for stranger crowds, and under the guidance of their fearless leader Kermit, they decide to make the most of it.

Faustian Bargain [Adventure]

Faust, Empress of Equestria. The pony who defeated Discord. The pony who unified Equestria for the second time, after the nation founded in harmony had fallen apart into dozens of warring tribes. The pony who built her capital on the slopes of the mighty Canterhorn. The pony whose rule spanned several decades of untold prosperity.

But now, she is dying. Her empire will be divided among her three children: Luna, Celestia, and Sombra. The relations between these siblings are strained at best, and many fear that Equestria is in for another age of turmoil and strife.

Here's an idea I've been thinking of:

The story takes place about 50 years in the future, when Twilight is princess of Equestria and the rest of the Mane 6 are settled/ married/ whatever. A villain is threating Equestria and so the six try to use the Elements of Harmony on him. Only problem though is that can't, as they are no longer connected to the Elements, six other ponies are. The story would then be about the next six Element bearers (The next Mane 6?). I got this idea when thinking how Celestia used to be connected to the Elements but now she is not. By that same logic, there will be a time when Twi and the gang aren't connected to them anymore too, as six ponies in the next generation will be.

So what do you think? Good? Bad? Dumb? Original?
I personally think it's original, and have some cool ideas for the villain, but that's just me.

Hingard
Group Admin

986475 Not a bad Idea, I like it and would certainly read it. though maybe not quite 50 years shrink it down a bit.

Yeah 50 years does seem a bit much. Something like 25 or 30 years in the future would work too. I just didn't want it to take place 10 years in the future or something which would've meant the Mane 6 were the Element bearers for only a decade.

As for the story, the protaganist would be Twilight's successor (the next Element of Magic) and the story would be about how she/ he (can the Element bearers be male?) and the other successors are chosen/ trained/ fulfill their destinies/etc. and defeat the villain. Kind of like the pilot for MLP:FiM, but with the next generation of Element bearers.

The one thing I'm stumped on though is the villain. I got ideas, but don't know if I should use them...

I was recently doing something or other when I had a strange story idea.

A brony arrives in Equestria somehow (he opens a pot of yogurt and gets sucked into a portal :rainbowlaugh: ) but quickly finds out that Equestria is a real universe, but it's also the set for the show. All the characters are OOC because they are forced to act out the characters we see in the show, not sure why, I haven't thought about that enough. When they're off set they do things like drink , smoke maybe, and complain about the episode plots, the characters they portray, etc.

Other ideas include things like magic not being real, it's just special effects, and the random technology we see in episodes getting explained, example: the boomboxwhateverthehellitscalled that Vinyl Scratch has was put in there by Hasbro/Dhx for s**** and giggles.

What do you guys think?
(I apologise if this thread makes little sense, I'm recovering from a badass hangover.)

I'd read this. Props if Twilight isn't even a unicorn to begin with; she just plays one on tv.

1065303 I've been toying with the fake unicorn idea, I haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet. :derpyderp2:

I've got some universe-bending theories I'd like to write about. Something on the lines of the 4D universe falling apart, merging all 3D universes together (which includes some of the more messed up multiverses I've seen on this site). Ultimately, there can only be one 3D universe.

At the end, they realise they're all but just some cartoon character.

So, here's an idea:

While politically-oriented stories like Bureaucracy is Magic have already been done, I have one in mind that I wanted to put down; taking astray from the crossovers I've pumped out.

The idea is this: Equestria normally thrives because it has a basic, effective government structure lying in a constitutional monarchy. Since most ponies are together in peace and harmony, little issues happen.

However, Celestia leaving and one goof in an accounting firm in Canterlot that correlates with trade between cities and towns in Equestria lead to a massive economic crisis. Not having been faced with this issue, neither any governmental figure, including the still-situated princess Luna, the status of Equestria's political and economic infrastructures deteriorate swiftly.

Only a select group of ponies, or only one, is armed with the knowledge to possibly reverse the effect. But can they do it before their beloved homeland plunges into a depression and falls at the hands of other, more belligerent nations?

I thought to make a sad tragic oneshot about Spikes biological Parents, or an ongoing story well for the moment I don't know that. The plot is a wingless dragon is an outcast of his own kind hardship of his life .... fell in love happy time... she give birth and die.... as he buried her ponies stole the egg and he got nothing the end.
Would you like that?
ps Spike will never know.

@DemonOJM which ponies? how'd it get into Celestia's possession? Not something you necessarily need to tell me, or even write about, but it might be something to consider for your story. or not.

Okay, being the active new user here, and digressing... Okay, I had a crossover idea using Torchwood and Captain Jack Harkness. Having read through the post and noticing a lack of stories featuring him, and the ones that did were a bit mediocre, I figured I'd try my hand at it.

Anyway, now to the nitty gritty. I was going for a traditional Torchwood approach, using the disbanded Torchwood from the end of season four. It helps because it explains why Jack is by himself, Torchwood being disbanded. So a malfunction with his broken vortex manipulator malfunctions and opens a temporal anomaly sucking him into the space between dimensions, he eventually ends up in equestria. Having been disintegrated by the temporal anomaly, but unable to die he comes back, but due to being in the midst of interdimensional travel and exposure to foreign genetic structures, he becomes a pony.

Okay, to the main premise of the story, the anomaly garners attention from other planets and they come down to the planet Equestria resides on. Some having good and some having bad intentions. Having caused the anomaly, Jack takes it upon himself to protect his new found home, at least until he can fix his vortex manipulator and get home. Oh, and some casual shout outs to Dr. Whooves, seeing as Jack is from his show. Though I will note, it is not a Doctor Who cross over.

Here's a story idea someone else can have a pick at:

A young unicorn colt named Lonehoof sits atop a cliff, watching the people below him. He is an orphan who has lived most of his life in solitude. There he meets Emagnii, a young filly who, in their first meeting, thinks that Lonehoof is going to throw himself off of the cliff. Lonehoof shows Emagnii the beauty of the sunset over Ponyville. They walk home together through a forest path, but hear a grumbling coming from a cave. Frightened, they both run away to their homes quickly. They meet up on the cliff the next day and decide to investigate the cave. Outside they notice the words: "Evil's Keep" carved on a stone. While in the cave they talk about how Lonehoof's solitude is affecting him, and how Emagnii's the only pony to ever walk up and say hi. They then come across a huge ogre and though he is sleeping he seems to be slowly waking up.

The two hurry out of the cave once more, deciding that they need to figure out more about the cave and the ogre. They go to the library and pick out an old book. Inside it they find information about Evil's keep; Once every 1000 years the Ogre wakes up and goes on a rampage! The learn that the only way to defeat the Ogre is to make it eat a diamond. They go to Rarity who gives them one. They then return to the cave ready for the final battle. They go back to the place where the ogre was sleeping, but find he's not there. Emagnii is then picked up by the ogre from behind. He opens his mouth to eat her, but Lonehoof levitates the Diamond into his mouth. As he writhes in pain he drops Emagnii who is caught by Lonehoof.

The story ends on the Cliff. Emagnii looks over Ponyville. She begins to say strange things about Lonehoof, which Lonehoof mistakes as suicidal thoughts. He edges foward, getting closer to the filly. He eventually confesses his love for her, only making Emangii scoff. She steps off the cliff. Lonehoof tries to grap her hind leg but somehow fazes through her. In this moment he realizes Emangii and the troll were all figments of his imagination and he doesn't even to try to stop himself as he stumbles over and falls alone to his doom.

So I've had an idea for a spin off on the whole HiE thing. Instead, a PoE (Pony on Earth) where the pony is transformed into a human and hilarity ensues. I personally wouldn't make it one of the mane 6, but rather one of the more popular background characters. I haven't really developed anything beyond that because I'm already writing a story and I don't want to start another until my first is somewhat developed. Someone else can feel free to go crazy with this, just tell me if you do so I can see if it works or not.

A story where Tyrant Celestia would battle the Celestia we know and love. This would be a physical confrontation that would pitch a physical form of a Celestia that is a tyrant against the Celestia we love.

Has this been done before? If so, who wrote it? How well did it perform? Is the idea solid or a waste of time?

These are the questions I have I as concoct a new story. But after my latest blunders, I would appreciate some feedback on the idea. Thanks for everything guys. Have a great day.

Hello! I'll cut right to the chase, would anybody be interested in reading a fic of the world of mlp, but with a Scott Pilgrim vs the World twist? Like an OC character dates Fluttershy for a while, but then meets Rainbow Dash and starts going out with her. This leads to Fluttershy wanting to get revenge on Rainbow for stealing her Colt friend, and maybe the mc and Rainbow do a little fighting along the way? I thought it'd be an interesting read.

To me honestly it would be a lot more interesting as a comic than a fanfic.

Yeah, I agree, but it'd still be wicked awesome:rainbowdetermined2:

Okay, I recently had an idea of a small human town getting sucked into the mlp universe by a dimensional anomaly, forcing the humans to forge their own civilization in a world that is completely alien to them. They're isolated for twenty years due to those who had been born on Earth being scared crapless of this new planet and simply staying in the borders of their small country and repelling the occasional monster with good ol' human tech. After the twenty years, the rising generation of native-born humans (who, as an added twist, have hair like the ponies do (can come in any color, or any combination of colors)) establish an agency to explore and map the planet, and they soon run across Ponyville, but don't get a good enough look to see the inhabitants. They go back to the tiny human nation and get permission to send a team to observe the inhabitants and establish contact if the natives turn out to be friendly.

As an added twist, a human male from the rising generation joins the agency right before they set out to observe, so he gets to tag along, and he ends up being the key to establishing contact due to a certain human-obsessed mint green unicorn *coughLyracough* finding them first and establishing a close relationship with him.

I've tried to write this a few times, but I'm still stuck, and I'm not sure if the idea is even a good one. Some feedback on this idea would be great.

There are stories where the Conversion Bureau Celestia (evil versions) are opposed to normal Celestia.

The Conversion Bureau: United We Stand
The Conversion Bureau: The Other Side of the Spectrum

etc.

I have not read any where evil/TCB/mirror universe Celestia physically fights the canon Celestia, though.

3152350 Hmm. Very interesting. I'll definitely take a look at them. Thanks for your help. :pinkiehappy:

So, I held this in my head for a little while, but never made it into a project yet, so I'll share it here.

It's like a HiE, but it's the other way around. The description goes kinda like this: A human named Bill has been going to college for a while. He has known Vanessa, a strange girl with a strange cap, since his senior year at high school. He knew she was a DJ, and he knew she wasn't from here. What he didn't know was he'd be paying a visit to her home.

Basically, Vinyl was sent to Earth before Bill's senior year in high school started. Ironically, Bill was the first one to find her, disguise her, and give her a new name so she could be anonymous. That strange cap that I mentioned was like a normal cap, only with a second visor made of metal with strings connecting the visors. She learned how to walk on two hooves, so she usually had to keep her hooves in the pockets of her hoodie. To be honest, I haven't thought too hard about the story. What do you guys think? If you want to make this story, it's fine by me. Just give me some credit if you do.

Sudden idea. Mortal Kombat, Equestrian realm is being discovered by some mortal kombat peoples. Motaro is related to Tirek. Thats it lol.

I thought of a story where all the mane 6 failed to get their cutie marks, it was gonna be very dark, but I can't bring myself to do it. I was rewatching the cutie mark chronicles episode to figure out how to make them go wrong, and fluttershy would need broken legs :raritydespair: so, yeah not sure Imma write it now lol

Maud pie visiting China's Rainbow Mountains

With Rainbow Dash who likes Maud because she saw how she saved everypony from the rock pile that turned into a rock slide. Something like that.

I'm not a good enough writer to do this justice lol. I think its agreat idea, or a variation of it. But idk if others would be willing to give it a shot. If somebody does please message me.

I don't know if it has been done, but recently I have been thinking of all of the stories out there where the human gets turned into a pony going to Equestria, and I then thought, what about if he would turn into a dragon? I've only seen it once, with a side character in a story, but that's it' only once, but i've seen humans turned into griffins, satyrs, and gargoyles (let's see if you can guess the stories), but never a dragon, at least one that was the main focus of the story.

3536852 I'm not big into HIE genres, but that does sound pretty awesome. You should go for it! Lol, maybe he can end up Trixie's assistant or something cheesy like that. I see a lot of potential there.

3537343 haha, I would if I could, im horrible at writing stories, though I'll leave it up to anyone who wants to use the idea

im deciding between 2 different endings, and I cant really choose which one to use. if someone would message me, helping me about it, It would be apreciated

I have an idea inspired by Stephen King.

Marey
Imagine there is a backwards town of earth ponies and they still cling to the old ways Pre harmony.
The ponies there are distrustful of pegasi and unicorns. One earth pony has a one night stand with a traveling unicorn salespony. A several months later she has a unicorn foal. Of course she loves her daughter but magic is seriously frowned upon. Think of this as kinda Carrie with ponies.

I got an idea for a one-shot, or a series, if you want,

BonBon is a changeling, or more specifically, five changelings. And all of them love the same minty green mare, with an obsession of a mythical creature.

Hilarity ensues, or tragedy ensues, or...

Whatever, really. It could be comedy, tragedy, or just dark.

There's one like that, it's called, "Just another tuesday" or along that lines

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 80