Harry Potter Crossovers 546 members · 89 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So, we've seen skilled wizards who are capable of using magic without the use of a wand. And we've also seen wizards who don't need to speak the incantation to cast a spell. to my knowledge, we've never seen a wizard who is capable of both. But I've got an idea for an OC who is a Dark Wizard/Witch who can use the Unforgiveable Curses without the use of a wand. Does anyone find that to be a bad idea on the premise that they could be considered OP?

ye seems like a nice idea for a sneaky manipulative type. also remember that what is and is not OP is extremely subjective.

isn't having to say it what stops Avada Kedavra from being over used ?

That is an important distinction to make—not literally any boss can be killed in a single Avada Kedavra hit. However, it is still ridiculously overpowered and faithful to the source material it originated from.

edit:

Avada kedavra came from an Aramaic word that meant “I destroy as I speak.” Abra Kedabra came from an Aramaic word that meant “I create as I speak.” That's why they sound so similar.

Part of my point, when there's a curse meant specifically to kill in an instant, what is the point for some of the other spells that are capable of killing, such as Sectumsempra, which can be lethal if aimed properly. But yes, the Killing Curse itself can be OP and stupid because of how OP it is. They used to say it was impossible to block or counter it, but in Hogwarts Legacy, one of the villains is killed by a redirected Killing Curse, which he casted. But IDK what would come of a wizard/witch that could improve on the usage of the curse

when there's a curse meant specifically to kill in an instant, what is the point for some of the other spells

did you look at the video ?

the Killing Curse itself can be OP and stupid because of how OP it is. They used to say it was impossible to block or counter it,

edit:

But IDK what would come of a wizard/witch that could improve on the usage of the curse

not only that is kills you,
but you can come back as a Ghost after that

Yes, I saw the video, and those two videos you just showed are theoretical, Alastor Moody tells his class that it's impossible to block or counter the curse, so I go by that, since Rowling was the one who wrote it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6