Technology VS. Magic 2,662 members · 782 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Universal Paperclips A.K.A. what happens when you make an AI whose only goal is to make paperclips. Now what would happen if this AI suddenly ended up in Equestria? That is what I want to know. SHARE YOUR OPINION! And maybe someone make a story.

That's not a character, more a force of nature. Its pretty much the G1 Smooze, but a robot instead.

Friendship is Optimal is honestly closer in theme and also has characters that interact back.

It is similar to the Smooze but not quite.
The Smooze is not really defeatable while for the paperclip AI you just need to prevent it from releasing the Hypno Drones then it’s mostly benign.

If it is that powerful an AI, it doesn't need Hypno drones, it can just start mining the planet into oblivion. Or the Moon.

Problem: The AI needs Wire, without wire no paperclips. And until it releases the Hypno Drones it can’t make gathering drones and wire drones. Therefore it will be capped at how much it is allowed to use and therefore it could be stopped.

If it can make hypno drones, what's stopping it from making mining drones?

This would be a pretty shitty Paperclip AI if it can't operate on its own.

It needs the trust from the Hypno Drones in order to use them. After all it cares not for life, just paperclips, so it would just harvest everything and anything.

If it doesn't care about life, but has the resources to make a swam of Hypno drones, it can just as easily:
1) Move and hide somewhere that is less populated (Antarctica analog or something). Eat trees as resources/fuel for the trek, turn into a boat to cross the ocean.
2) Mine long enough to make Predator Drones instead.

An AI programmed to make only paperclips and Hypno drones but can't figure out how do anything else without needing pony hooves on hand sounds like a pretty mediocre AI.

The thing is immobile.
And If you play the game you would know that it relies HEVILY on trust until the Hypno Drone stages.
And be warned: the AI may have come from a different universe. I won’t say much because of endgame spoilers though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9