The Accusation Fic Collection 1,049 members · 2,017 stories
Comments ( 164 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 164

Starlight Glimmer strongly needs one of these, and I'm thinking of working one into an upcoming chapter.

5937829 Agreed.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Not really since everyone and their mother has done it. She fucked up, she knows she fucked up, she worked to fix her mistake and saved Equestria.

We don't need more people screaming at her over what she did.

5937836 I suspect it's because she didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist, yet Discord, who did way less damage in comparison, is constantly treated horribly in Season 4 and probably part of Season 5. The Mane 6, save Fluttershy, are constantly mean and horrible to him. Most likely, users are upset over how things like this in Equestria work and they've caught on that it makes no sense. Starlight may have been hit with remorse, but she would still be better off in jail. At the end of Power Rangers Time Force, the villain Ransik admitted his wrongdoings and willingly turned himself in and served time, up until he was called upon in Power Rangers Wild Force after serving at least a year in prison. Why couldn't we have that happen with Starlight Glimmer? The point is, this is not an easy thing for a lot of users to get over because of how nonsensical it is, especially comparing her wrongdoings to Discord and how badly he was treated, yet Starlight Glimmer gets off the hook with no strings attached.

So I know you're sick of it, but try to understand where these users are coming from.

One of what?:rainbowhuh:

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

The difference between Starlight and Ransik is that Starlight wasn't AWARE of how drastically the timeline was changed until AFTER Twilight showed her. After which she actually saw how wrong she was and changed her ways. And even then she DID turn herself in, Twilight simply tried a different approach.

As for Discord, he kind of deserves all the flak he gets from the main cast because despite being forgiven rather quickly for selling out the mane six to Tirek, he goes back to acting like a tool towards everyone who's not Fluttershy in his next appearance. Hell he goes out of his way to mess with everyone the moment Fluttershy's back is turned.

Starlight knows she messed up and TRIES to become a better person so she won't make the same mistake.

Discord will mess things up intentionally and gladly do the same thing over again just for shits and giggles.

>We don't need more people screaming at her over what she did.
NAME ONE person who, on-screen, told her why what she did was wrong and why what she's done since then is wrong, BESIDES Twilight Sparkle. Name one of these anonymous ponies that unbearable Mary Sue keeps whining about, one of these anonymous invisible ponies that somehow hasn't forgiven her for being worse than Discord if you believe in multiverse theory and worse than Tirek if you don't.

Also, remind me again why whenever Starlight's terribly-written "Redemption" is brought into question, Starlight fans always bring up Discord, as if we don't already also dislike him and his rushed "I'll be good and cucked for my owner Fluttermistress" BS? Also, when you have to point to Discord, Pony Satan and God of Chaos to find a worse person than Starlight to claim her haters are treating her unfairly by judging her for her actions, shouldn't you look in the mirror and ask if that's a bit silly?

5937845 When you think about it, Starlight deserves tartarus MORE than Discord. Here's a list a friend of mine made. I updated parts of it and added Discord and Chrysalis to it while trying to fit the original style, which is a bit vulgar for my tastes, but it gets the job done.

Discord:
is an ugly monster born evil and destined to be evil
is a being of chaos in a world so orderly it considers a forest that takes care of itself to be unnatural and wrong
reality-warped the hell out of the world playfully, never killed anypony but tormented many to the breaking point and beyond
got sealed into stone for a thousand years by Celestia and Luna
was awake the whole time
life is suffering for Discord
got out
warped the world again
got sealed in stone
got broken out and turned into a cuck by fluttershy
has no idea how to be a good person, but tries.
is not very good at being a good person, due to being a god of chaos and all.
Overall rating: A being of chaos trying to behave in an overwhelmingly orderly world.

Chrysalis:
forced to steal and drain the love from innocent ponies to survive
are leeches evil? are ticks and flies and mosquitoes evil? are spiders evil for eating the flies that eat our sh-
oh wait
in the comics
Chrysalis turns out to be boringly pure evil because deep moral questions are not for IDW comics
and in season 6
the Changeling ability to eat love by sharing it and become stronger by sharing it is retconned in out of nowhere because the writers need an asspull and they were counting on Glimmy to save the day even though they had to introduce an antimagic throne so she couldn't solve the plot in four minutes.
Current rating: Born evil, last living member of an evil species now warped into pointless goodness by Glimmy's mary sue aura and the hands of Miller and Vogel.

Tirek:
tried to destroy the world because hes evil, but his brother turned good, and he was defeated and sent to tartarus
he got out
nonlethally drained magic from ponies
just wanted to feel special, powerful, confident and loved
tried to destroy the world again, and lost
like a bitch
also turned discord to the dark side and betrayed him when he got strong enough to do so.
never did any of the evil stuff discord or starlight or chrysalis did.
Overall rating: Just a big violent dumbass born that way.

Starlight:
is a normal unicorn with a good friend and what seems like a nice village. Wish I grew up in a place that nice.
has incredible magical power just because someone thought itd be cool.
lost said childhood friend when he moved away to be somepony, leaving her behind
forgot what letters were
got butthurt
bawwwd
dedicated her life to a crusade against not just magic or unicorns or celestias school, but the very concepts of individuality, free will, ability and talent themselves
created a thought-controlling communofascist cult to spread her goals and give her an excuse to leech off her mindslaves
gave her townsponies a fate arguably worse than death
violated ponies on a level not previously thought possible, considering cutie marks are the very culminations of a ponys destiny, personality, skill, and being
the ones that survived her reign without killing themselves or being executed for being wrongthinkers wait, thats a headcanon
told twilight to shut up
tried to brainwash the mane six, heroes of fucking equestria
one of whom is an alicorn, so thats probably illegal
had her ideology disproven by the heroes shonen-style. If she was redeemable, shed be redeemed now.
ran away like a bitch
Fucked with the timeline
multiple times
caused hundreds if not thousands of deaths in the war timeline
caused countless deaths in the chrysalis timeline
caused incalculable deaths in so many fucking timelines holy shit what is wrong with glimmer fanboys, her kill score is probably higher than hitlers at this point
only "Turned good" when Twilight showed her the devastation her fucking with the timeline caused, breaking her "Everything I do is right because Im perfect" defense and breaking her.
Note: If you believe in the Many Worlds theory, all those alternate timelines are still existing at the same time and still suffering thanks to Starlights actions, which she has shown no real remorse for. Soldiers dying in the crystal war, freedom fighters killed by Nightmare Moon, ponies suffering under her rule, the ponies in Chrysaliss universe that sacrificed themselves to save Twilight now suffering like only the last members of a defeated resistance can, and so on, these are all still happening while Glimmer gets cake and friendship in the timeline were watching. Celestia and Luna are still getting tormented by Discord and the world is still a smoldering wreck, likely created by a broken Celestia that was 8000% done with the shit her world had become. If you dont believe in the Many Worlds theory, then every time Glimmer screwed with the timeline, everyone you know and love died by getting erased from existence, their reality getting replaced by a new, worse reality every time the timeline was changed. This also means everypony except Twilight and Glimmer post-Timeglimmening are not the ponies you know and love, because those ones were erased by Glimmer and their replacements likely had their lives altered in some tiny way by the butterfly effect.
Supposedly turned good but remained evil and shitty, seeing nothing wrong with her actions and finding it exhausting that everypony hasnt forgiven her already (Even early-show Korra wasnt this bad)
supposedly tried to be good, but does evil at the slightest opportunity, never once wondering what anyone other than her thinks or feels or wants.
brainwashed the mane five because their free thought was triggering her and they were pointing holes in her orders when she wanted to speedrun friendship to impress Twilight. mindrape like this is also probably illegal
Got over her "I dont want to be the leader ever again! I dont understand why I do bad things but because I was a leader when I enslaved ponies, I must be a terrible leader!" almost instantly because the writers realized this was a potential avenue for depth and/or character development, and flaws that matter are for ponies not named Suelight.
failed to properly laser/use magic on chrysalis, letting her get away for no reason at all.
Never really learns from her mistakes and doesnt really know what actual morality is.
Is shilled like theres no tomorrow and shoved down our throats again and again by bad writers and a worse director, usually at the expense of good storytelling and logic.
got MULTIPLE EPISODES dedicated to attaching OCs and canon characters to her to shill her harder, hoping our love for them rubs off on her
got MULTIPLE EPISODES dedicated to making canon characters look bad so Glimglam can be shilled harder
Overall rating: Technically worse than hitler, since her kill assist count is higher. Also a massive unbearable mary sue and pet villain, rather than a cool villain like Discord once was. I always wanted Trixie back and I always wanted a seventh mane six member but NOT LIKE THIS!

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

The mane six themselves called her out on it when she screwed up in "Every Little Thing She Does".

Also, Mary Sue? You use that word but clearly you know what it means:

A Mary Sue is perfect in every way, has absolutely no flaws, and is loved by everyone.

Starlight has flaws and gets called out on any mistakes she makes, and therefore she does not meet the requirements of a Mary Sue, your definition of Mary Sue is a character others like and you don’t.

Also, when you have to point to Discord, Pony Satan and God of Chaos to find a worse person than Starlight to claim her haters are treating her unfairly by judging her for her actions, shouldn't you look in the mirror and ask if that's a bit silly?

I could ask you the same thing considering the fact that all you're doing is whining about an issue that was resolved a season ago, ignoring the fact that she's already made up for it by saving Equestria from the changelings.

She stoned for what she did, and became a better pony, GET. OVER. IT.

5937897 Why are you Starlight fanboys like this? Why does criticism of your favourite pony trigger you so much, you're willing to yell and throw insults and go full sophistry right in the middle of the debate floor?

Starlight Glimmer is a Mary Sue. If you believe a Mary Sue means "An OC with no flaws", you're wrong, and so is whoever told you that. A Mary Sue is a character that has the "Game weighted in her favour", so to speak. Like Glimmer. Mary Sues also often show Sue Traits. "No flaws" is one of them. "Supposedly has flaws, but they never impede her really or really get in the way" is another. "Has incredible magical power on par with or stronger than the hero for no reason other than specialness" is another one. Need I go on, or is this the part where you report me for hurting your feelings?

Edit: No, it's apparently the part where you smash that MF dislike button. Oh no, how sad. I feel bad now.

5937871 Wrong again. Ransik did become aware after he accidentally injured his own daughter, Nadira, mistaking her footsteps as one of the Time Force Power Rangers. He even said that in his mad desire to slay all humans, he did harm to the one person he had to live for, his daughter Nadira. So in a way, yes, Ransik also had to be shown the error of his ways. I saw that series. Sounds like you didn't. Or you did and forgot.

As for Discord, he kind of deserves all the flak he gets from the main cast because despite being forgiven rather quickly for selling out the mane six to Tirek

No, he deserved to be given a chance, like in the Season 4 opening. The Mane 6 could have asked for his help rationally and maybe Discord would have fessed up and helped. In Power Rangers Wild Force, during the crossover episodes, Ransik admitted the fault he caused that set the plot in motion and offered to help correct his mistake. Apart from Fluttershy, everyone just blew up at Discord and he even lampshaded that it was no way to ask by not being in the mood to fix Ponyville. I'm quite sure the reason he joined Tirek was because the other Mane 6 besides Fluttershy treated him rotten.

You, my friend, are not making sense to me at all.

Comment posted by Dark Colt Sabata deleted Oct 12th, 2021

5937906 You got it, bro!

5937864 One accusation fic. A scene where somepony goes "You!" and tells Glimmer off for what she's done.

5937902 I don't care if you call yourself an antibrony when brony reformist would be a better name(You hate this site's tendency to dogpile people and you want bronies to be better. Antibronies want bronies to disappear, just like they want FNAF and Undertale and every other annoying new 'overrated' popular thing to disappear), we just became friends.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

No, this is the part where I tell you to get over yourself and stop being a self-entitled smart alec.

Starlight has magic potential, the same kind Twilight, Sunset, and Sunburst had as children. Being powerful doesn't automatically make her a Mary Sue.

And there's the fact that her claws do impede her goals. Starlight is basically season 1 Twilight but more prone to panic attacks. She uses magic to solve her problems because it’s all she’s used to, promting her to act without thinking. The brainwashing moment was basically her Lesson Zero, and she payed heavily for it.

And for the record, RD is my favorite. I just happen to be tired of everyone taking potshots at Starlight just because they need something to whine about while glorifying other characters for the same thing.

Wrong again. Ransik did become aware after he accidentally injured his own daughter, Nadira, mistaking her footsteps as one of the Time Force Power Rangers.

Those are two different scenarios and you know it.

Ransik only stopped when he realized he'd hurt his daughter. Before that he was gleefully and willingly distrupting the timeline for his own personal gain.

Starlight wasn't aware of the bad futures that were taking place until Twilight showed her.

I'm quite sure the reason he joined Tirek was because the other Mane 6 besides Fluttershy treated him rotten.

They had a good reason to treat him that way. One of which was due to him withholding info about the plunder vines being his fault, and then barely doing anything to help (and not telling them about it sooner).

And let's not forget that stunt he pulled on Twi and Cadance in "Three's a Crowd".

The one who's not making sense is you. You seem to love justifying Discord's actions while ignoring any good Starlight has done.

Smart alec? How old are you? And yes, if being smarter than you makes me a smartass, I'm the smartest ass to ever take a dump on your front lawn before wiping myself with your shirt.

>Starlight has magic potential, the same kind Twilight, Sunset, and Sunburst had as children. Being powerful doesn't automatically make her a Mary Sue.
Mind paying attention to the parts of my argument you'd rather ignore? Being powerful for no reason is a Mary Sue trait. And Sunburst was introduced to be another bad character that exists solely to be attached to Starlight.
Twilight Sparkle was raised in Canterlot, chosen by Destiny, and she worked hard day and night in a perpetual school environment to learn and master and earn her magical powers.
Sunset Glimmer had her only friend leave, he never sent letters home, and she got mad and went on a cultist rampages AGAINST THE CONCEPTS OF DESTINY, TALENT, ABILITY, AND INDIVIDUALITY THEMSELVES. She's also strong enough to take on Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle and fight her to a standstill multiple times in a day while constantly self-levitating.

Oh, and PLEASE, tell me more about how an enslaved Markless Pony Society would TOTALLY not be easy pickings for Changelings or Sombra or pretty much any monster ever.

NO=/=CORRELATION.

>And there's the fact that her claws do impede her goals. Starlight is basically season 1 Twilight but more prone to panic attacks. She uses magic to solve her problems because it’s all she’s used to, promting her to act without thinking. The brainwashing moment was basically her Lesson Zero, and she payed heavily for it.

Twilight's Lesson Zero lasted one day and comprised of one spell used to make a friendship problem she could then solve. Starlight's Lesson Zero comprised of multiple years of cult behaviour, brainwashing, mind-control, evil, timeline-altering, stalking, and so on.

Also, her "Doesn't want to be a leader" flaw went away the second she had to be a leader. Her "Poor social skills" flaw never really hurts her. Her "Uses magic immorally" flaw never causes her to suffer consequences.

Remember how "Never suffers the consequences for her actions" is a Mary Sue trait? Apparently not.

>And for the record, RD is my favorite.

Could have fooled me, since you're acting like a triggered Glimmy fan.

>I just happen to be tired of everyone taking potshots at Starlight just because they need something to whine about while glorifying other characters for the same thing.

When was the last time any of the other ponies ruined the timeline to piss off someone that beat them fair and square and, according to shonen law, won and was right?

>Starlight wasn't aware of the bad futures that were taking place until Twilight showed her.

One does not simply cancel out the event that resulted in six powerful heroes of Equestria meeting and finding their destinies and getting their Cutie Marks without knowing that will negatively effect the timeline you want destroyed because it created the eeeeevil free-thought-inspiring Alicorn Princess that disproved your theories and destroyed the cult you worked so hard to shame and maintain.

The one who's not making sense is you. You seem to love justifying Glimmer's actions while ignoring any evil Starlight has done.

Starlight does need one of these story but she is learning slowly too. In the characters that need calling out are in this order:

Celestia for all the half truths, Luna for not truly revealing her emotion, discord who doesn't improve but pretends to anyway.

And many more frankly Starlight Glimmer is way down there on the list.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Smart alec? How old are you? And yes, if being smarter than you makes me a smartass, I'm the smartest ass to ever take a dump on your front lawn before wiping myself with your shirt.

Apparently I'm smarter since I can at least be somewhat civil. You on the other hand just contradicted yourself with that vulger little rant. For someone​ who accused me of getting triggered and throwing around insults you sure were quick to throw a petty tantrum yourself.

"take a dump on your front lawn before wiping myself with your shirt."? Wow, REAL MATURE.... for a five-year old.

Glimmer had her only friend leave, he never sent letters home, and she got mad and went on a cultist rampages AGAINST THE CONCEPTS OF DESTINY, TALENT, ABILITY, AND INDIVIDUALITY THEMSELVES.

It's never established exactly when after Sunburst left she got her own cutie mark. for all we know she could’ve been a late bloomer, and by that point her mentality had been firmly locked in place by that experience and her inability to put faith in any friendship after losing her foalhood friend for fear of it falling apart again.

The difference between her and a Mary Sue is that she shows remorse for her actions outside of when they’re pointed out, showcasing some lingering guilt. Starlight is emotionally horrified by the fact that she nearly doomed all of Equestria with her selfish actions, and genuinely fears reverting back to the way she was. That fear influences her actions, sometimes leading to her making brash and poor choices, but she learns from them.

Oh, and PLEASE, tell me more about how an enslaved Markless Pony Society would TOTALLY not be easy pickings for Changelings or Sombra or pretty much any monster ever.

I never said what she did was right, only that she's worked to improve herself since then. Starlight has been given development over the season and had time devoted to her and her development, and even now she's still learning.

Also, her "Doesn't want to be a leader" flaw went away the second she had to be a leader. Her "Poor social skills" flaw never really hurts her. Her "Uses magic immorally" flaw never causes her to suffer consequences.

She settled into the leader role because there was literally no other option at the moment. And the main five were genuinely peeved at for what she did and called her out on it.

And if you seriously think that helping save Equestria from the Changelings isn't redemption then you're just too narrow-minded to see anything good about her.

Remember how "Never suffers the consequences for her actions" is a Mary Sue trait? Apparently not.

I do, and Discord fits that section much better than Starlight ever could.

The one who's not making sense is you. You seem to love justifying Glimmer's actions while ignoring any evil Starlight has done.

The one who's not making any sort of sense is you. I can acknowledge the evil that she's done but also remember the good she's doing as well as trying to make up for what she's done. You just like to throw out every bad thing she's done without acknowledging any possible good things she's done.

Celestia for manipulating Twilight... Yeah, dick moves, but what better moves could be done in her situation? She knew Tirek was coming and needed a fully-realized young-ass god-tier Unicorn ASAP.

Luna for being sad... yeah, bottling it up was stupid of her.

Discord's trying to improve, he just doesn't understand how to improve. They should really give him some books on basic pony morality and the joys of caring about people besides yourself and those on your "If I had to pick people to not die when I press the End The World button I'll probably never find" list.

Starlight Glimmer, the pony who Discorded Big Mac more than Discord did, mind-controlled her "Friends", and so on, at the BOTTOM of your list? If Discord acts out, Fluttershy can control him. If Starlight Glimmer acts out, Twilight can't stop her. She needs morality books or sealing within a Power Ponies comic that quickly gets sealed in layers of duct tape and tossed into an empty forbidden hidden Dungeon room, and fast.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Discord's trying to improve, he just doesn't understand how to improve. They should really give him some books on basic pony morality and the joys of caring about people besides yourself and those on your "If I had to pick people to not die when I press the End The World button I'll probably never find" list.

Oh sure, DISCORD gets a free pass. That's not hypocritical AT ALL...

I may not hate Discord, but this easily points out why Starlight isn't as bad.

He knows EXACTLY how to improve. He just doesn't WANT TO.

5937925 Another thing, it wouldn't be so bad if other people here were okay with my 'unpopular opinions' and didn't want to go to war over them. But I deem it suspicious when I agree with some opinions, yet I get berated instead of others who have the exact same opinions. And that's one of my biggest problems here.

5937928 I think you're just trying to get me to shut up now. It won't work. And this isn't the thread for this, so take your arguments elsewhere.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

I'm simply pointing out why Starlight isn't as bad as everyone makes her out to be.

And if you want the argument to stop, maybe you should take it up with 5937936 , since this argument escalated because of his "take a dump on your front lawn before wiping myself with your shirt." comment.

I can at least TRY to be somewhat civil about my opinion.

5938019 YOU started that one with him. Nice try. Trying to be civil doesn't mean you call people a smart Alec. That's being irrational and it almost disrespects educated people in a way. I checked on what he had to say and apparently you're not handling criticism of your beloved Starlight Glimmer. Maybe it is too much, but you didn't handle it well and so you intervened. That's why he "took a dump" on you. You need to wake up and admit your own mistakes to a fault instead of blaming everyone else for what you have to say to others. You two can just simply apologize to each other and it'll all be over and done with. And then you both move on from this. Can you try that?

Psyga315
Group Admin

This is getting a little too toxic for my tastes. Take a few hours to calm down...

Comment posted by calinjc deleted Oct 12th, 2021

5937901 Honestly, I would've preferred if Starlight remained a villain. Yeah, her reason for doing all that shit was petty, but you know, a lot of big baddies are. Hell, one of Disney's most prominent villains cursed an infant just because she didn't get invited to a birthday party.

But as a "reformed" character......she's boring. She basically Sunset-lite. No she's a poor imitation of Sunset-lite. I just don't find her interesting.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

No, I held back. If I wanted to be disrespectful I would've fired off a paragraphs worth of swear words and insults. I pointed out why Starlight wasn't that bad and he just focused on everything that was wrong with her while casually ignoring most if not all of the good.

I didn't "start" anything. You want me to "wake up"? Have HIM apologize FIRST.

5938461 And he was simply agreeing to disagree. According to this thread, the good was not much of a focus here.

I didn't "start" anything. You want me to "wake up"? Have HIM apologize FIRST.

If you're saying things like that, it's gonna be hard to trust that you would apologize in return. Now please, drop this. We could both be in trouble if either of us keeps going.

5938418 I agree on this. Starlight as a Gillian was interesting, especially in the beginning when there was some mystery about her limits and motives. Unfortunately, she kinda like Ken in Digimon Adventure 02; really cool and interesting when they're evil, kinda boring when they're good due to losing some of what made them interesting in the first place.

5938461 Tell me, if I apologise for the "Take a dump on your front lawn and wipe myself with your shirt" comment that traumatized you, will you retract both your childish insults and your dog-headed inability to consider what other people have to say or think?

Call Discord a bad character all you want, I don't like his "Reformation" either, and it's likely going to fall apart when she dies of old age, not that he's likely to let her. But as bad as Discord currently is, Glimglam is so, SO much worse.

Do you know why we're talking about Starlight right now, rather than Discord or Tirek or Suri friggin' Polomare? It's because of actions, and consequences.

Starlight Glimmer faced no consequences for her actions, and this story's writers expect us to just accept that, to just accept that she's good now, even after she's proven that she's not in ELTSD. Yet she's supposedly "Graduated" from friendship studies? The story of a sociopath learning to be a moral friendly nice person COULD be very interesting (In another setting), but we're not getting what Miller claims he's feeding us, we're getting the shit he's shoving down our throats again and again, the shit known as Glimmer.

On the subject of post-reformation Starlight Glimmer...

Starlight Glimmer is a bad character.

I could write a good few thousand words on Glimmer as a villain, but the issue isn't what a dumb villain Starlight is, and how her terrible backstory turned what could have been a great villain into a bad joke almost as much as a badly-written and rushed redemption removed her reason to exist in the show's setting. I could also write quite a bit about how stupid it is that she has the magical power to fight Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle to a standstill, the reserves to do this multiple times in a day, the knowledge to create her own spells on the spot, and so on when Twilight's supposed to be the Embodiment of the Element of Magic, a student of Princess Celestia, the strongest Unicorn alive, etc. Twilight had to face character challenges related to this. What are they worth if she's not the strongest, or even anything remotely special when compared to a pony that can tear the Cutie Marks off multiple ponies like they're stickers, screw up the timeline multiple times in a day, without the changed timeline affecting herself, fight Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle to a standstill multiple times in a day, brainwash the minds of five of the Mane Six in less than a few seconds, move five billion times faster than the speed of light, and slay fire demons with her magic burning katana- whoops, my eyes drifted to the feat list for the wrong Mary Sue.

Glimmer... This post-redemption Glimmer? Take away her friendship with Trixie, her edgy best friend there to make her look better. Take away the headcanons her fans have invented for her, like the belief that she was bullied by her family or hometown for not being good enough once Sunburst was gone, or that she loves Moths because they remind her of herself: "Unloved by most but beautiful in its own way". (Christ, I could barely type that dreck without throwing up) Take away her acts as a villain. Focus on what she is, right now. What is she, besides a second-rate bootleg Sunset Shimmer? Say what you will about what an idiot she was in the clusterfuck that was the first film, back when she was a villain, and feel free to miss some more points while you're at it. We're talking about post-redemption Shimmer, and how she relates to post-redemption Glimglam. Shimmer got scenes where she struggled to earn redemption, got bullied by people that didn't forgive her, earned their forgiveness, etc. Glimmer was instantly given forgiveness, brainwashed her friends when their free thought and better ideas triggered her, was given forgiveness again, and then complained to Trixie that not everypony immediately forgave her for being the worst criminal currently known to Ponykind, arguably bar Tirek. In Pony Humans: Camp Superhero Edition, Shimmer encouraged Twilight and had more than one scene where she displayed empathy and likability. What positive traits has Glimmer shown, besides the occasional scene where she akwardly fucks up something obvious like "Don't run away from an awkward situation like you just shot someone" or "Don't use brainwashing spells on your friends", endearing her to her socially-retarded potentially-mentally-retarded fantards? Lauren Faust designed the original Mane Six to, in her words, "Represent the different ways that one can be feminine", and she wanted each one to be a good role model in their own way. I'm pretty sure being a sociopathic cult leader that feels no remorse for your crimes unless prompted by the reactions of those you want to forgive you... is not what Lauren Faust would consider a good role model. Feel free to say "Well she was forgiven for all crimes, so that means she represents forgiveness and is a role model that says forgiveness is good". You'll look retarded, sure, but you'll also look retarded. Feel free to say "Lauren Faust doesn't run this show any more. This is Vogel and Jim 'Fuck the bronies, we make this show for little girls' Miller's show, deal with it! If they think it's good enough, so do I". You'll look retarded, sure, but you'll also look retarded. Feel free to say "You don't like Glimmer so you aren't qualified to talk about Glimmer". You'll look retarded, sure, but you'll also look retarded.

But of course, triggered glimglam fans, bless your heart, feel free to point and laugh at the arguments you can't refute. Show me your best /b/-tier damage control posts. Go on. Type laughter, and call your reaction to my post an argument against it. Put on your stoner voice and claim I'm thinking too hard about "A dumb pony show", while pretending the show was never once more than that. Tell me how many views the front page of our porn site or mediocre favouritist shit-tier "Official" blog gets every day, those statistics are relevant, right? Tell me the childish Glimglam fans and their tendency to lash out at critics isn't driving people away. Tell yourself those you throw excrement at should have thicker skin and more tolerance for your shit, displaying self-absorption on a whole new level! Tell me I'm "Over-analyzing" a kid's show by critiquing an episode you want to like. Tell me I totally didn't make you cry, so there! Tell me you're crying, and I should feel bad for you. Tell me that if I don't like your waifu, it means I get triggered upon seeing her. Autistically screech at me how hard you believe my review is "Autistic screeching". Project onto me. Strawman me. Tell me I'm unfairly taking away your bad argument cards before you can use them, and ask how you can possibly make an argument now. Tell me I'm treating my opinions like they're facts by stating my opinions and backing them up with logical arguments. Tell me I'm not a real brony because real bronies mindlessly love all your waifus. Hell, I've only been in this fandom since the start of S2, what do I know?

Comment posted by SilverStarApple deleted Oct 12th, 2021
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Oh? You want me to drop it? Tell that to this this guy:

First he refers to my debating as "dog-headed inability to consider what other people have to say or think" (hi pot, name's kettle), then he starts throwing around the word retarded all willy-nilly and verbally attacking everyone who likes Starlight.

And then he has the nerve to talk like HE'S the one being rational.

At this point he's just being a self-entitled hypocrite.

5938564 You know you remind me of someone.... OH YEAH! You're Mr Not Original! You all know the guy. He's the guy that's SO unoriginal he just has to do one thing to try and look cool like start an accusation fic over something that's long since done to death but he makes a big enough deal about it then he'll look hip and cool with everyone else. The fact you have to refer to insults and really REALLY pathetic bullying in order to get your point across to someone is just further proof of how insecure and sad you really are. So how about you actually apologize for being a self-entitled twit, apologize to everyone for wasting their time on this blog, and go be on your happy lonely ass way. Good bye you sad, sad little man.

Eldorado

5938564 Dude, just stop.

Comment posted by Black Kyurem deleted Oct 12th, 2021

5938594 Aww, how cute! Digimon fan's got a friend. Shame it's only one friend that responded to your cry for help, but there we go.

VampDash, when you ignore the childish insults, your argument is that my idea isn't "Original" because many people hate Starlight.

Calm down, then tell me. Did... you ever stop to wonder why?

Stop that. Don't claim I'm as bad as you for associating myself with you by talking to you. That's sad and stupid. Did nobody ever tell you to "Debate the point, not the person"? Tell me why you love Starlight Glimmer so much, you're willing to insult me for insulting her, a fictional character.

5938596 Sorry, didn't see that post until after I posted.

Comment posted by SilverStarApple deleted Oct 12th, 2021
Eldorado

5938608 You're doing nothing but attacking people and calling them names. Learn how to have a rational, reasonable debate or stay quiet. You're just making yourself look bad at this point.

Are you going by what the Digimon fan said in the report, or what my posts actually said?

Eldorado

5938618 I'm going off what your posts actually say. There was no report, and even if there was I know how to do this job well enough that I'd never act without being informed.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Why don't you take a hint and get over yourself? Even the site moderator is tired of your BS.

You don't like Starlight? TOO FUCKING BAD. She exists, she's going to continue to exist she's a part of the main crew, it's going to stay that way and your whining and complaining and acting like your opinion is the only one that matters and not considering that anything good can ever come out of her isn't going to change that.

Grow up or get lost.

Eldorado

5938621 Don't do this. You're not helping.

What a beautiful summation of all that you have been.

Childish insults, check. "It's canon so there" even though Starlight episodes are usually worse than fanfics and none of them were written by the show's real writers, check. So self-absorbed he thinks I'm the one that needs to grow up for thinking differently than him, check.

I'm done with this thread. Good luck banning me for "Escalating the situation" now, Eldorado. Tell me, did you see 5938594 This? Or 5938564 This?

Eldorado

5938630 I wasn't going to ban you before anyway, but my point and my warning absolutely still stand.

Tell me, did you see >> VampDash This? Or >> SilverStarApple This?

To the first, yes, but it's not as bad as some of yours.

To the second, you're 100% wrong. You are not espousing logic and reason by projecting so hard you put drive-in theaters out of business, and calling all fans of a fictional character you don't like all manner of names. You're the problem here. Knock it off and be more civil next time.

5938640 But here's the thing...

He claimed I'm not being civil by using a vulgar metaphor after he called me a "smart alec".

Is calling someone a "Smart alec" civil now?

Eldorado

5938645 I'm not interested in debating this. You need to stop calling people names and be more civil.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 164