Bronystories Fan Club 212 members · 68 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Bronystories
Group Admin

I neglected to mention it in my review of the first two episodes of Season Four, but did anyone else notice that Twilight totally used some of King Sombra's dark magic to turn the potion white?

It's the same aura Celestia exuded to illustrate anger and fear.

Alicorns can apparantly possess some dark magics. Really powerful unicorns may also weild this power, as evidenced by King Sombra and Twilight Sparkle before she became a princess.

Or it could be that any magic used by an Alicorn is "Alicorn Magic", and for whatever reason Twilight chose to use it (Dark Magic). Although if "Dark Magic" and "Alicorn Magic" are the same thing, I wonder why they chose to make it look so...sinister. It's one of those moments where I wonder if I'm thinking too much into it or if there really is something more.

Interesting note:

-Celestia has often been presented as having pink hair when she was younger, or even, in some cases, pink fur, akin to how Nightmare Moon is a darker shade then Luna is.

-The potion goes from pink to white when Alicorn magic, also called Dark magic, is applied.

Further notes:

Zecora has a hallucinogenic substance that makes drinkers see events that happened in the past, even one that could only be triggered by Alicorn magic. Mare's prepared for anything. Also, she stocks magical substances that sends ponies into hallucinogenic trances that often involve crying and muttering quietly to themselves.

In conclusion, Celestia is Pinkie Pie from the future.

2234859 I fancied the fact that was really the only referance to Sombra we might ever see from again. I'm really hoping he shows up (even as a cameo) sometime in season 4.
It would be an interesting plot line if the royal guard found his horn and then after putting it on display or in storage, it starts to quietly indoctrinate all of them with fear. Would be a nice send off for a villain that had so much potential for character development. :moustache:

noticed that too, but her eyes didn't get that purple flame.

~Have a good one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6