Author Of The Weak Group 359 members · 3,100 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Shadowflash
Group Admin

If you are going to roleplay, there's major rules that I want you to attempt to follow. It'll enrich your roleplay experience:

>Avoid Meta-roleplay
Meta-roleplay is basically using the knowledge of the current and/or future roleplay to your advantage. Let's say you knew that you were going to win some battle. So, you decided it'd be a great idea to not try at all!... That's not fun. Roleplayers need to experience the joys of the fight when you actually try! Meta-roleplay also relates to "action stealing."

>Action Stealing

*The stallion swings his hoof at you, in attempt to smack you across your face for your disobedience*
*James Woods grabs the stallions hoof and then quickly punches him in the face. After dealing the blow, the stallion would stagger.*

THAT is action stealing. You basically avoid the other person's response and just ruin the roleplay. Others may not notice or care, but, try to avoid it.

>Create a good character
Like storytelling, a roleplay character requires flaws/weaknesses and strengths. They also require a believable back story to describe who they are, where they come from, how they traveled to the roleplay scenario destination, why they're in that destination and what they're doing there.

>OP Isn't fun
OP spells, attacks, moves, traits, etc are never fun. Honestly, I've roleplayed a lot and I've seen OP moves before. You ever watch someone type an entire paragraph just so they can attack you with a spell that they say is impossible to stop? I have. It really ruins it and is a big turn-away.

>Have fun, be creative
Basically that. Don't try to ruin the roleplay because you feel like it. Just have a good time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1