The Dresden Fillies 214 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Running a DFRPG game set in Cambridge, UK.

One of the major locations in Cambridge is a place called Mill Street, which is basically a high-street full of some of the greatest variety of international foods, crafts, and other such things.

In a fit of creativity, I decided I wanted to connect Mill Street to a Faerie Market called the Bizarre Bazaar, which is essentially The Goblin Market that you see in fiction and fantasy.

While it's not going to be important for a while I like to plan ahead.

Anybody got any good ideas for dangers or interesting sights to be found in "The Bizarre Bazaar"?

One of the things I was thinking of would be Kobold guides who would open up shortcuts and passages that act like an M.C Escher painting for shoppers in exchange for mortal trinkets.

There's the whole 'strange currency' idea.

Five years of your life for a really nice magic item, the button of your pants, candy stolen from a baby no more than six months old, shopkeep that only deals in silver coins a century old, etc.

Depending on how dark this campaign is, maybe a public torture spectacle where the subject is willing and takes offense at being rescued.

A literal fairy tale, Baba Yaga, the big bad wolf, something along those lines.

A shop where the gravity is reversed, except for the customers

etc.

3 of the exact same shop one after the other, but entering them send you in the exact same shop all 3. That's weird.

In all honesty, maybe have the entire market be infinitely repeating. After about 20 minutes of walking, you are back at the entrance.

This thread may help you, if you're going for a fey market.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4