AU's Are Gold: An Alternate Universe Fangroup 983 members · 2,527 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Relatively recently I had a unique idea for an alternate universe that I was planning on writing a story for. That story is still in its initial development stages (story and characters and whatnot). For the time being, I thought it would be a good idea to share some things about this universe; to expand on what some people may already know about it or to introduce to people who know nothing about it.

Intro:
In the Dragonverse, Equestria was never founded. Instead, the three pony tribes went their separate ways and founded three smaller kingdoms: Terramore, Pegalaris, and Unicornia. Without any ponies in the land that would’ve become Equestria, the dragons were free to come in and claim it for themselves. Over time, the kingdom of the dragons became known as Drago (I never said the dragons were very creative), and Drago became one of the strongest nations in all of Gaia (the name of the planet).

Kingdoms:
Drago is ruled by the Dragonlord (or Dragonlady). The Dragonlord is chosen by a tournament held every 100 years on the Summer Solstice known as the Gauntlet of Fire. The first dragon to brave the Gauntlet’s trials and survive is crowned as the new Dragonlord.

Terramore is the only democracy within the Dragonverse and is currently led by the morally corrupt President Filthy Rich. It is an agricultural giant.

Pegalaris is a powerful military state, ruled by the firm hand of Skyqueen Spitfire. They have perhaps the strongest military in all of Gaia, with few competitors.

Unicornia is the most traditional a monarchy can get. Ruled by Regent-King Blueblood (who hates it when you include the “regent” part), it is home to many great magical geniuses.

Grythol is a nation of warriors and merchants, though some (Unicornia) may see them as barbarians and thieves. It is ruled by King Godfrey and is a flourishing trade empire.

Crystallos is a kingdom of many technological wonders. Ruled by Empress Miamora Cadenza, the kingdom prefers not to get involved with political conflicts and will instead act as a neutral third party whenever possible.

Aquaria is a very peaceful kingdom. Ruled by Queen Calypso Aquaria, they keep to themselves unless provoked.

Plot:
The canon storyline will at first focus on Spike seeking to become Dragonlord. He befriends Ember and a few other dragons, including Garble eventually. Just like in the show, Spike forfeits the title of Dragonlord to Ember, and Ember pays him back by making him her champion (and consort).

Outro:
I hope you all found that informative. If anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to PM me. If anyone wishes to write non-canon stories taking place in the Dragonverse, please come to me to make sure everything is lore-accurate.

Also, I’ve created a group for this AU. Come join.

I've said it in the Dragon club, and I'll say it here, too: I'm sorry to disappoint, but the term Dragonverse was already claimed over two years ago by me. It has its own group and everything, and will soon be turned into an open universe.

I love your idea, but I kinda already took the name. For the sake of avoiding confusion, please decide on something different as a name.

I would like to see how this go.

Though I like the name I think that the namesake be universally used, I understand why brandind is important. Maybe suggests new names?

I didn't want to seem too demanding, so i didn't want to try to cram replacements down their gullet.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have commented on both of my threads of it. Just a thought.

I just wanted to make sure you saw it. The PM was insurance, because I've seen many a case where someone posts a thread, and then never replies to their replies, as if they did a "post and forget" thing.

I'm sorry, but I'm paranoid. I'm also a worrywart, a bit of a yes-man… Never mind. Okay? I'm sorry if I went overboard. Actually, I'm sorry that I went overboard, for I clearly did. Okay? Can we move on and solve the bigger issue? The naming problem?

How about Drago-verse? Just a thought

Definitely have to admit, the story idea definitely has potential.

Here's another possible kingdom:

Hiviana: A kingdom formerly comprised of infiltration experts who work for anyone willing to hire them. They specialized in disguising themselves as other races and seducing those in power for love to feed off of (or at least information that can be used for blackmail purposes). In recent years, however, the kingdom has come under new management and is far more benevolent, preferring to earn and share love (though they still provide mutually beneficial services to those that request them). Formerly ruled by the tyrannical Queen Chrysalis, but now ruled by the far more benevolent King Thorax.

And, I could see Celestia and Luna still existing in this universe, but NOT as Princesses. Oh, they would still have the basic alicorn package concerning abilities (semi-immortality, Earth pony strength and durability, Pegasus flight, unicorn magic), but they would basically be pets (albeit very well treated pets who happen to be quite a bit smarter than the average dog or cat) to former Dragon Lord Torch (and his main companions following the death of his wife and even more so following his retirement).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8