AU's Are Gold: An Alternate Universe Fangroup 983 members · 2,525 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I recently had an idea for an AU where Starlight did stop the Rainboom and prevented the Mane 6 from getting their Cutie Marks at the same time. But they earned different ones later on. I’ve come up with ideas for all of them except Rarity. Here’s what I have with some reasons. Opinions or suggestions to what could fit one or more of the Mane 6?

- Twilight Sparkle: Writer
Reason: After failing her entrance exam to Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns she was deeply disappointed. To cope she tried writing a story. The words suddenly turned from a three page short story to a three chapter one.

- Rainbow Dash: Singer (Subject to Change)
Reason: After losing the race to defend Fluttershy she started losing her confidence in her flying ability. After a few days of sulking and slipping behind in her flight classes her parents grew worried about her their worry only grew when they saw her taking down her Wonderbolt posters. Despite their worry they assured her that no matter what she chose they’d support her. So she chose music and during a talent show managed to win with her own song.

- Applejack: Farm Fashion Designer
Reason:

- Fluttershy: Athlete (Subject to Change)
Reason: After being bullied for being unable to fly she decided she would show all her bullies that she could fly better than any of them. She dedicated herself to strengthen her wings to become faster and faster. She one day managed to beat the two bullies who put her down the most.

- Rarity:
Reason:

- Pinkie Pie: Jewelry Maker
Reason:

Rarity: Armor Maker perhaps a Martial Artist?

You're missing some descriptions

Because I don’t have some ideas yet so I’m just throwing it out there to see if people have suggestions

Comment posted by Comickook deleted Nov 13th, 2021

Have to say, the idea DOES have potential.

As for Applejack, the reason could be that, while she would still eventually succumb to homesickness and return to the farm, she would stick around Manehattan for a couple of weeks longer - long enough to be introduced to and get some helpful pointers from some artistic types. When Applejack eventually DOES return to Granny and Mac (as well as her then infant sister Apple Bloom [it's a rather popular belief that it was the deaths of her parents that motivated Applejack to go to Manehattan for a while, but it would have had to been shortly after Apple Bloom was born]) , she started getting ideas for farm wear that was both practical and looked good. Sure enough, a lot of other ponies liked her ideas too - enough to add another profitable business for Sweet Apple Acres. Granny and Mac were accepting of it because it was still working hard in another way and still working toward helping the family.

For Pinkie Pie, the reason could be that something came along that caused Pinkie to find a respectable cache of gems somewhere in a distant area of the rock farm. It would not take long for for her to realize the difference between rocks and "rocks" and working with the latter allowed her to get in touch with her more artistic side. She grew to love making rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. and she loved sharing her work with others even more. Seeing how others appreciated her jewelry based art led her to a lovely realization.

Rarity: Private Detective (mostly because of her eye for detail and fondness for the dramatic, which she would still have even without the Rainboom). Perhaps she could have been trying to help out a couple of her school friends that got in trouble for something they didn't do and she helped find the real culprit. In doing so, she came to realize that she loved detective work enough to stick with it.

Another possible bit could be that this version of the Mane Six could have already known each other for a couple of years BEFORE their first adventure together. For example, Twilight meeting and writing stories about all five of the others at varying points of time (one at a time, naturally), since it would be quite easy to visualize Twilight drawing inspiration for a few stories from Rainbow's music career, Fluttershy's training herself up to a great athlete, Rarity's detective work, Pinkie's raising up from the rock farm to become a successful jewelry designer/salespony and Applejack's combination of business savvy and down-to-Earth in her work.

However, until Nightmare Moon's return, only Rarity and Fluttershy have any actual adventuring experience (though Twilight has written about a lot of adventures, she has never actually been on one herself) - Rarity because of her work investigating dangerous criminals and Fluttershy as a coincidence connected to her sports-related travels.

I like the ideas for Pinkie and Rarity. I also thought about having Rarity be a sculptor interpreting her horn leading her to a rock as telling her to crave it

While I think it’s a good idea I might just stick closeish to the cannon with changes to fit the different reality.

For example because Twilight never became Celestia’s student she wasn’t put in charge of overseeing the preparations, so my idea is she was invited by Ponyville as a guest from being a popular author for all ages and while there she decides to sight see meet the other Mane 6 on the way.

Applejack with her different carrier is in charge of decorating. But also helped her family with the food preparations because she’s still the family oriented pony we all know.

Rainbow is invited to preform the music.

Pinkie maybe came to set up shop for her jewelry, she also may have already moved to Ponyville so she was just there to begin with like Applejack.

Fluttershy I don’t have much of an idea other than just swapping her and Rainbow’s roles.

Rarity no idea maybe part of security if she was a Private Investigator

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7