A For Effort 1,010 members · 279 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

There's currently a contest at another group if you'd like a link?

DualSoul1423
Group Admin

Soon the admins will be implementing the "A-Grade Stories" folder. Using this folder, we'll be going over all of the high-rated stories passed every two weeks or every month and then choose the best of those stories.
But now that you mention it, the idea of contests does sound interesting. Though I don't know what the contests would be about. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear em.

We write a prompt, whoever writes it the best wins. The award for being the most creative with the prompt is separate from the award for writing it the best. There's a minimum and maximum word count for prompt contest stories. Writer of the best story gets to choose the next prompt.
Yes please.

DualSoul1423
Group Admin

I may bring this up to the other admins. This group focuses on reviews but seeing as several of the reviewers are they themselves authors (myself included) I see no reason to not try this. We'll see. Neat idea though.

Dude. You know what else we need? Review contests.

Pick a type of fic, like "Twilight-centric" or "Accusation fic" or "Original character story", and reviewers have to seek out and give a good review to a fic matching that description, then post a link to the comment here to make things easier on the judges.

DualSoul1423
Group Admin

Eh... That sounds like they would just wind up giving great reviews to mediocre stories. Let's not do that.

When I say good reviews, I mean high quality reviews with useful feedback and analysis, not stories calling bad ones good.

Hell, that could be a contest theme: Give a useful review full of helpful feedback and analysis to a bad story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9