Sunset Shimmer 4,952 members · 6,849 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Not going to put up the animatic link or anything. It's easy enough to find.

Who here thinks that, especially since it's airing well after Friendship Games, we may just see pony Sunset Shimmer return in what I'm presuming would be the possible alternate timeline impending? Heck, since it's after Friendship Games, maybe Sunset will come back period in the second half of the season?

Comment posted by NightmareDash deleted Jul 14th, 2015

4547387 Headcanon: Sunset Shimmer jumps in from the EQG-verse and wipes Starlight Glimmer's ass across the floor. "There's only room for one villainous Twilight Sparkle knock-off in this franchise!" Yeah, especially after going all Phoenix Force in "My Past Is Not Today", Bacon-Mane would totally win in a fight.
Then the Dazzlings would come back, because the walls are down and they're too good not to.

4547430 I meant more along the lines that possibly since Twilight never became Celestia's student, (assuming i'm right in guessing where it is heading with alternate timelines) Sunset may never have broken away from her and would have stayed in Equestria.

4547431 Well the problem there is that Sunset didn't break away because of Twilight. She was banished for her own ambition, arrogance, etc., and that wouldn't change even if the Rainboom was prevented. My theory would be that either Celestia simply doesn't have an apprentice, or (given how much fanwank this season is producing) Trixie will get the job.

But a Sunset vs. Starlight fight needs to happen.

4547435 That's going by comic canon, which may ir may not apply to the show. Granted, I don't mind if it does.

4547387 As much as I'd absolutely love Sunset to cross back on a permanent basis, I can't see it happening. I think we should consider ourselves lucky if she just gets a guest appearance in an episode or double episode.

4547445 I agree, but I still like to dream! Afterall, this season is so wonderfully fanservice-y already. Along with absolutely fucking with our headcanons or raising them to greater glory.

The animatics do not hint at Sunset in any way shape or form. I don't see the relevance to anything.

I wouldn't expect to see Sunset back in Equestria this season. Yet, I've got a feeling as if the writers are going to uniform the main cast in both worlds. If Sunset's human counterpart shows up in EQG4, it would serve that purpose pretty well. So, my hopes are with season 6.

Well, I did hear a rumor that The alternate timeline was going to have sunset be the new magic and have her own team. Wich makes me think of what Starlight's plan is here, since Sunset would do the same things Twilight did. Unless its just to ruin her life.

But now that I think about it, what if Friendship games does end with a "I have to go, in order to stabelize the worlds" type of scenario for Sunny.

4547565 I do know it doesn't get hinted at anywhere in the animatic. It does entertain the possibility that thenpast will be fucked with, however, and that could result in an AU Sunset appearance depending on how they work it.

Sunset is now protagonist forever, hooray!

I would happy if Sunset Shimmer returned to Equestria.

4547431 What's with all the assumptions that there's going to be time travel in the season finale? That whole lecture on Twilight and her friends getting their cutie marks could just be a coincidence, seeing as they were something cutie mark-related, just like Starlight.

Starlight's skilled with magic, but there's no indication that she knows how to use time spells. Even if she was, I doubt they'd do something of that magnitude in a mere episode, even a two-parter. This seems like a movie plot than a TV show plot.

I also really hope that if time travel DOES occur, Starlight doesn't actually change the past. "It's About Time" showed that time travel worked in Stable Time Loops, so it wouldn't make sense to change that rule now. Not to mention she's already an overpowered Villain Sue as it is.

4547786 4548511
Ohhhh, that's what you're speculating about. You think just because the lecture talks about Dash's first rainboom, it means that will be part of Glimmer's big plan? Ok, I could see that, based on the rule that nothing shown onscreen is ever wasted or accidental, especially when you only have 22 mins.

However, I also highly doubt that Glimmer will succeed with her plan. Most likely Twilight will follow her into the past and stop her after lots of time-travel shenanigans, maybe teaming up with the Mane 5 fillies.

I wish Sunset would show up in the past segments, but I highly doubt it.

That's what I'm trying to disprove. There are literally no indications that time travel will even be MENTIONED in the finale based on what's seen in the animatic. The opening scene could just be a recap and nothing more.

maybe teaming up with the Mane 5 fillies

This isn't Equestria Girls, and six doesn't make five.

I wish Sunset would show up in the past segments, but I highly doubt it.

Well, I think there's a chance that Sunset may show up. Think about it: Friendship Games is going to be airing right before the second half of season five. There's thirteen episodes of this season left after Friendship Games. I have reason to believe that maybe something may have come up in development of the show that's caused the movie to air in the middle of the season instead of at the end like the other two. Maybe an event in FG will tie-in to a later episode, hence why it's being aired on TV instead of in theatres.

Maybe an event in FG will tie-in to a later episode, hence why it's being aired on TV instead of in theatres.

I was just about to say "You cannot demand your TV audiences to watch your movie as a requirement for entry". So you make a good point. We complain about FG not being shown in theatres despite good reception for RR, but maybe this is part of why it's a movie-for-TV. Maybe Hasbro does want to tie the 2 franchises together, so it can sell a pony and a human doll in the same package.

I will drink the delicious tears of bronies who vow never to watch humans in Equestria. If that happens.

I will admit, it would be pretty cool to see Sunset kicking Starlight ass.
Especially to this tune:

Well Sunset is pretty much the Green Ranger so it would be cool if that happened.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21