Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Just how stupid this group sounds. Like at all? Because...

This group is designed to protect your oc from people mistreating it. This includes: someone using someone's oc in any fan material without the creator's permission, blatantly mocking or insulting an oc (note that insulting and constructive criticism are completely different), and changing small aspects of someone's oc and calling it "your idea" (while it may not technically be the same oc, you still need to credit the original creator).

Once a member of this group, you may write, "The characters in this story are protected by OCRA" in the description of your story.

If you find someone who is mistreating your oc, private message me the details of the mistreatment, the accused person, the details of the victim oc, and how to best get in touch with you. If it is found that the offender is guilty, I will do everything in my power to end the mistreatment. If the case get's to out of hand I WILL take it to Knighty.

This is the form of a group that holds no power in anything. If anyone took your OC's then you wouldn't be able to do much about it. No matter what this group, or any other group says.

I mean, unless the admins feel like it's really important. Which I doubt they would.

AskNightmareLuna
Group Admin

So I suppose by that logic you are also saying that Copywrite laws are also pointless and Hasbro and other such companies shouldn't sue or demand proper royalties for a product they created because someone changed a small part of it?

The point of this group is to help writers keep from being abused and ideas stolen.

4420193 Boredom is right. This group is stupid.

Hasbro doesn't protect their copyrights. Do you see how many patreons are fimfiction related? If they protected copyrights, those guys would be out of a job.

AskNightmareLuna
Group Admin

Then how do you explain the cease and desist order that killed "Fighting is magic" which started as non-profit. If you do not wish to be a part of this group you are free to leave though having a place where you can get help with OC's is a good thing. Perhaps you'd like to steal a character from Alexstraza and see how fast they react when you claim it as your own or even Kkat. The point is Hasbro uses those who can enhance their image and shuts down those who deter from it. Also it's their lawyers not the company itself that file claims.

We are the lawyers.

4421021 You guys aren't anything. Really.

Outa-here
Group Contributor

Wow! If you only knew. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7