FiE 1,196 members · 362 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I am working on a FiE story at the moment and I am leaning towards making my character a lesbian. Now, the story is more focused on the themes of family and self-discovery, etc. and I have no plans to write a clopfic presently, but I wondered how folks here viewed girl/mare romance?

I myself am a pan girl so it's not a stretch to write that into my human character, but what do people think of human woman/mare fluff?

(I am probably still gonna write it but I wanna know people's opinions on this.)

Distorted Flare
Group Admin

4454887 Does her being lesbian have anything relevant to the story? Are ponies biased towards those that are gay is it simply because you wanted a gay character both are fine but tell us why you mentioned she was gay? Does it impact the story or?. If you are going to pitch a story then give us a hook. Self discovery and all that are great but the main character could be fighting magical multi colored dildos and we would be none the wiser.

Also people are open to most ideas here which is why it is a great fandom if flawed at times. Personally I think the basic summery has promise but I have no idea what the story is going to be about other than self-discovery. Self Discovery for what? Accepting she is gay, accepting that she is stuck in Equestria the list goes on. This is not an attack only a tip that to draw in a crowd you have to in most cases give a small snippet of the story idea or even part of the long description.

Anyway good luck with the story.

4454887 I'd say it's fine. The reason most humanXpony romances feature men is because of all the guys writing self insert fantasies. Anything goes in the land of shipping.

Also going to follow you for now since I'll be looking for that story. :twilightsmile:

4454887 Oh cool! I love fluffy sweet romances. :yay: :pinkiehappy: I will have to keep an eye out for this story then. Also I am working on some ideas for a Woman x mare romance too.

I'll admit, I was maybe going to write a gay character at some point anyway but it came about more so when i read a fantastic FiE fic with all sorts of hints at a girl/mare pairing that was so well-written and I was so excited for it, and then one of them falls for a dude almost out of nowhere and it was a big let-down for someone like me who loves seeing queer romance plots. Like the story was hinting so hard and then *poof* straight

without spoiling much, the self-discovery part of the story has a lot to do with her trying to make herself a better person, not much with her sexuality. I did want to write a gay character but it'll weave itself into the story as well. I'm not quite ready to pitch the fic quite yet, so I'm uneasy about revealing a few details in case I rework things in the writing process.

But the (wip) basics of it go: girl travels to Equestria to follow the life of a pony-turned-human she reads about in an old journal and discovers how it affects her own life, and doesn't get trapped until later on (maybe), then has to use the knowledge she gained in her search to open up the way back home. She interacts with the ponies and slowly learns to interact with them as real people and the relationships she forms help her with the "being a better person" bit.

Like I said, still a wip, but I'm mostly working out details now and somethings might be subject to change

I'm all about fluff, i'll look out for your story too :o

Distorted Flare
Group Admin

4454934 Everyone self inserts to a degree.

4455157 Okay then. We'll see if I can make a sweet fluffy romance too, that's my aim after all. Say just how familiar are you with MLP G1? I ask because if know something about it'll make the story make a little bit more sense to you.

Enough, I suppose. Like I'm not unfamiliar with it but I never sat down and watched episodes.

4455209 Well I ask because it'll help to know who Megan and Sundance are, maybe I'm not sure.

Yeah, I know them, they'd be a cute ship to read

4455251 That's what I'm gonna shoot for. :pinkiehappy: Hope full I don't make it too syrupy, instead I want just syrupy enough. :scootangel:

aCB

I love woman/mare romances. I've read every one I could find on the site. Please let me know when you publish the story; I would love to read it.

woman/mare love is basically what i live for in life

4455161 Indeed! Did you know that Nathaniel Hawthorne (author of Scarlet Letter) wrote a prologue to that story that was blatantly self insertion? Even classical writers do it. :rainbowlaugh:

no prob, bob :o

4455161 That's right.

4455668 Really? I did not know that. Thanks for Ellen, I like to learn new things. :pinkiehappy: :yay:

Given that I'm writing a story that'll be having a woman\mare relationship, you can guess where I stand.

If you are looking for disapproval, you fail.

We are bronies: we will love and tolerate the shit out of you!

If you are asking about literary content, I will speak about a Creative Writing teacher I once had:
The 'lady' started drilling from Day 1 that "there is no writing without love".
From Day 2 or 3 I began bringing to class novels that had been written with zero regard to romance.
The "Love Freak" failed me because I never wrote as much as a dirty look between two characters.
Next I retook the course with a teacher that wasn't a romance-obsessed nitwit. I got top marks.

4454887 Mine is probably the worst reaction you'll get in this group: one person who nods, wishes you good luck and politely leaves the room.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20