Twist! 267 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Think about it: they have similar coat colors, candy-themed cutie marks, and Bon Bon looked identical to Twist when she was her age. Like mother, like daughter.

Coincidence? Minds blown? Thoughts, anyone?

Mayhem Darkshadow
Group Contributor

I suppose I could see it

3032225 I've seen at least one fic that states Bon-Bon is Twist's Aunt. It's possible that Bon-Bon is Twist's mother, and that could explain some similarites. But I think Bon-Bon would've recognized Apple Bloom in the market if that was the case.

No, actually. It was stated that her mother is named after a kind of dance (forget which) because of the twist. Yep. She was gonna be in the Smile song but wasn't.

3032371 Hmm, I thought she was named that because of the twisty stripes on a candy cane something. It IS possible that Bon Bon is her Aunt or sister, though

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Um, I think her mother's name was Shimmy Shake...

--Sweetie Belle

Yes... Which makes lyra the stepmom... There is a story there:twistnerd:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

According to the original lyrics of the Smile Song, Twist's mother is named Shimmy Shake. I think something written for the show but not used at least counts as semi-canon, but it's entirely possible that Bonbon is Twist's aunt or cousin or something.

I think they're sisters.

arcum42
Group Admin

You know, I was trying to think who Twist's father would be if her mother was named Shimmy Shake. Just for amusement's sake, I think I'm going to go with 'Dance Fever':

--arcum42

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'll stick with my version of her father, thanks...

arcum42
Group Admin

Your version's good, I just think the idea's amusing. Of course, for all we know, 'Shimmy Shake' is her father's name. Of course, I think it'd be fun to somehow have Twist related to Miss Cheerilee, too...

--arcum42

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I could live with that.

We've already seen that coloration is no indicator of relationship. Just look at Twilight and her parents or Pinkie and her parents. Nice theory, but I would go with the strongest indicator of some relationship, that being their similar interests and cutie marks. Coloration is probably your weakest argument here. :twistnerd:

3032225 There are similarities, but there is another earth pony mare to consider: Nurse Redheart.
She has a bleach white coat(similar to cream), pink mane(similar to red), she's kindly but can explode when provoked. Maybe Bon-Bon and Twist are both her daughter? They both seem to have some of her temperament, and Bon-Bon does have her eye color.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Well, if that's true, then Twist has another sister:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Fierce little thing, isn't she? If you don't return what you stole from that patient RIGHT NOW, she'll bite you in the knees! :rainbowlaugh:

JMac
Group Contributor

I've seen a compelling argument that Rose is Twist's mom from englishwitch's blog

I prefer to think Shimmy Shake is Twist's mom's name, and Rose and Bon Bon are aunts or cousins.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

And then she'll heal you.

And then bite them again!

4597755 Oookay then. I'm not complaining! She already does bear a resemblance to Twist and Redheart.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20