The Fluttershy Fan Club 734 members · 1,055 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

On the Facebook page of Andrea Libman (the voice of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie), she posted an article about how men shouldn't have to conform to societal norms of masculinity. What followed was a series of hurtful, ignorant and shameful comments criticizing her as a "third-wave feminazi" and completely misunderstanding (or ignoring) the purpose of the article. I found this incredibly disrespectful and inappropriate, and representative of the worst of her fans, Brony and non-Brony alike. She made several more posts explaining how these people were wrong, including one that asserts that feminism and egalitarianism are the same thing (they are, by the way, look it up), and receive only more hate and ridicule.

So, I'm working on popularizing the following hashtag wherever I can:

#ISupportAndrea

Because I agree with her, support the fact that men shouldn't have to cater to society's standards of masculinity, believe that feminism stands for equality of the genders, and will not stand for the way she is currently being treated. Even if she wasn't the voice of my favorite character, I'd have to do this, but this only makes me want to lend my support even more. Aside from wanting to defend a worthy cause, I feel like I owe her. She's given me so much, as a Brony and as a person. I couldn't look away from this.

#ISupportAndrea

Popularize it wherever you go. Even if you don't agree with what feminism is really about, no one deserves this kind of treatment. Even if you don't like hashtags, spread it around for others to see and spread. Even if Flutters or Pinkie aren't your favorites, lend a hand. The worst of us have acted. Time to show off the best of us.

Thanks for reading, guys.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

It's rare that I upvote something LightningSword has posted, but I'm with him on this.

That should tell you something.

Uwah?

Advocating for the abolition of legit bullshit stereotypes that men suffer under is crazy third wave feminism now?

Have these people been to Tumblr?
I promise you, there is far more forced castration and men having Rape Auras in Third Wave Feminism, not helping men.

I don't have Twitter, but I will totally put out, like, happy vibes, or whatever. Such vibrating.

The End Times are upon us, then? :fluttershysad:

5095826 Thank you. I appreciate that.

I understand the backlash, but I think these people who are lashing out are not examining what Andrea Libman herself is actually saying. I do, however, think Andrea Libman is naive to the fact that modern feminism HAS gone off the deep end in many circles, despite the fact that she herself is by no means radical in what she is saying.

A comment on her page says the following: ""Its a shame that people fail to understand that feminism is about equality."

Well, it's also a shame that many feminists fail to understand that feminism is about equality, too.

5095296 And I'm not going to lie... I don't see too many of those sorts of dismissive, rabid MRA comments being posted on her page, at least not at the forefront of the discussion. Most of the ones I've seen so far have just said things akin to what I said in the above comment, and I think they are correct in saying it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6