Constitutionalist Bronies 80 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I know America has a thing of Freedom of Speech. But who here thinks this is going too far? I mean, what is your country's limit on this shit?

Wyrme
Group Admin

3796500 I don't know if there's a limit or not, and if so what that limit would be.
I also don't know why anyone would think a game where you're a murderous misanthrope is a good idea. Just not my cup of tea, I suppose.

3796547 I don't think it is anyone's cup of tea but the insane.

But rest assured that it will be banned here in the UK. Which is a good thing. I just know America does not ban stuff that should be banned like that.

Wyrme
Group Admin

3796558 Yeah, that's one issue with freedom of speech. You have all sorts of crap flying around and you can't get rid of it. And we can't shut up people like the Westboro Baptist Church.

3796579 Or this game.

Monochromatic Rainbow
Group Contributor

3796500 ...

Somebody has some anger issues.

The problem with instilling limits on freedom of speech, even for things like this or the WBC, is that it sets a precedent for more limits. Give someone an inch and they'll take a mile. Call me paranoid or whatever, that piece of... sickery will fall through the gutter, nobody with half a brain will bother with it, and politicians will act like that's what gun owners/gamers are all going to become some day.

When you ban something you impose the government threat of force, which ultimately implies the threat of death. Is it really worth blocking something like this with armed thugs? Wouldn't that be the greater evil?

KaBar42
Group Contributor

Hate speech is, as sure as the sun rises, protected by the first amendment.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

As I have said before, I highly disagree with censorship.

Let their bigotry be their downfall, ripping out their tongue proves nothing.

I don't know. I sure as hell know that the U.K wont be having any of this. Ether way, it does look fun looking past this bullshit.

I was quite shocked for a moment. That is saying something too, considering I once say someones face get crushed in by a stone.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

:twilightoops:

Why was someone getting their face crushed by a rock? Was it Irish-English violence?

3796635 No. Its called Breezeblocking.

The RAAD (Republican Action Against Drugs) sometimes uses it as a punishment towards drug dealers. It is big around Free Derry.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

So, basically the IRA replaced their knee capping tactics and started crushing people's heads with rocks.

That's gruesome.

3796662 They still do that.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

Who do they do it to?

Kids who steal cars?

3796710 Drug dealers.

3796710 This is a good video about it.

Debonair
Group Admin

3796500 I for one wouldn't mind playing this game, hold your asses keep your proverbial hats on whilst I explain.

It is a testament, as humans we can take everything with a grain of salt, bottle it up inside, but the fact of the matter is this bottle can break rather easily. I can sympathize with this man in the trailer there is stuff in this world that I can't take. Sure I'm not going on a killing spree, but still I want to play the game just to see his views.

There's also the possibility he's possessed by a demon or is one himself. Can't judge a book by its cover man.

On that freedom of speech thing... Farenheit 451, I thought this was relevant.

I wrote this book at a time when I was worried about the way things were going in this country four years ago. Too many people were afraid of their shadows; there was a threat of book burning. Many of the books were being taken off the shelves at that time. And of course, things have changed a lot in four years. Things are going back in a very healthy direction. But at the time I wanted to do some sort of story where I could comment on what would happen to a country if we let ourselves go too far in this direction, where then all thinking stops, and the dragon swallows his tail, and we sort of vanish into a limbo and we destroy ourselves by this sort of action.
~Ray Bradbury~

Freedom of speech is just that "Free"dom, sure we may cross some lines but those lines should be crossed for us to be able to learn, be we on the speaking or hearing side.

3796500 It is a dark side to some of our freedoms in the U.S. and other countries. We have free speech and the right to bear arms. The ability to sue people, businesses, or even our own government for wrongs committed against us.

These and other freedoms can be used to harm.

To say hateful things about a race, religion, or person. To use the arms you bear to hurt and kill. To ruin peoples finances and maybe even their reputation by bringing them to court.

A good citizen not only knows the rights and freedoms they have, but also a good set of morals to guide their use.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20