Transgender Bronies 1,108 members · 758 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Any good fics with Luna as a transcolt? Or transmare?

5066987 aghggg.. Now I wanna read one like that... :'(

It's this picture that got me...

5066987 I know there's at least one with Celestia as a transmare. Can't remember the name.

5066998 Oi... I shall now go hide in the show hole looking for stories ;'c

5067011 'the Sun may Rise, but the Daughter Reigns.' It's on my to read list.

Hmm ... you know, I have this little bit of a story where Celestia is the gender-variant one of that partnership. I assume that made sense to me because traditionally, the sun is presented as masculine while the moon is feminine. It never occurred to me to think of Luna that way.
But maybe I will. Yeah, I could see that. Check back in a couple weeks, you've probably got a least a couple of writers in this group gearing up to provide that story, assuming we cannot locate an existing one.
In the meantime, Shattered-Rose mentioned

'the Sun may Rise, but the Daughter Reigns.'

I've never heard of it, but I'm gonna go check that out.

I've never seen one featuring Luna. I did briefly discuss a relevant idea with Froey a while back, but decided against writing it.

Basically:

Luna is a trans mare. Celestia actively opposes the idea of her transitioning during more volatile times, over one thousand years before the show, for a variety of political and personal reasons. Luna grows increasingly resentful of this and, as it begins to affect her political and daily life, the increasing public favour of Celestia. Eventually, in desperation, Luna makes a pact with darkness that seems to be the only force in the universe that doesn't care about her gender, but is tricked because seriously making pacts with evil creatures/forces isn't a good idea. She becomes Nightmare Moon and the whole banishment thing happens.

Meanwhile, in the wake of victories over Discord, Sombra, and Nightmare Moon, Celestia has the popular support to cast down the corrupt nobility and seize absolute power, but she remains in mourning over losing the last of her family. Her priorities shift, and from her position of total authority, she quietly rewrites history to cast Luna as a mare, with nopony the wiser. One thousand years is more than long enough for ponykind to forget.

... That's about as far as the idea got, which is part of why I didn't write it.

5067270 this could work with my Nightmare Moon headcanon idea.

Basically Luna and Nightmare are split from the same mind, with Nightmare getting stuck in a cage in Luna's mind because she's a voice in her head.

Well...who says they both have to have the same gender?

I have an idea.
Supposing that there was a very outspoken transgender activist who was gaining support in Equestria, and they were pushing for legal recognition of the condition, which would entitle them to being treated as ponies with medical conditions, rather than ponies with a strange 'state of mind'. Furthermore, this would allow them to seek medical help. Specifically, they were fighting for access to high-level metamorphosis magic that is usually reserved for use correcting life-threatening birth defects or other very serious problems with a pony's physical condition. That sort of magic wouldn't be permitted for 'frivolous' use; if the medical community or the public at large didn't see gender dysphoria as a serious condition or even a real condition, no transpony would be allowed access to it. It's not a stretch to say that the medical community would not support transponies access to this magic because, in their professional opinion, it is in nopony's best interest to transition, nopony is born that way, and it is something that can be overcome. I imagine at least some the public would look at this breaking down of the gender barriers as practices of Discord, further alienating those with gender dysphoria.
Now, when this activist gains enough political power to draw the princesses' attention (though I'm sure Luna would have been following the matter closely even before this movement looked like it could effect change), they face a dilemma. The powerful metamorphosis magic that these doctors are withholding from the trans community in fact comes from that intense magical event that happened to Luna. In researching what caused Nightmare Moon's appearance and, magically/scientifically speaking, what happened to Luna, Celestia discovered these spells that could change a pony's body permanently and truly, without being a skin-deep illusion, wearing off, or being incomplete. This means that it is factually incorrect to say that these spells are not meant to be used that way; they were freaking discovered as part of their princess's transition. Furthermore, the highest authorities in the land can attest to the reality and seriousness of gender dysphoria, squashing the opposition to the cause.
BUT, bringing these facts to Equestria's attention would mean Luna coming out and Celestia admitting to falsifying history. I'm sure you can guess the dilemmas from here. Celestia risks the public not trusting her word. Luna risk significant loss of public image, when that was always a very delicate issue for her (in fact, her mental health is at great risk in such a reveal for a few different reasons; having her male past come to light, having to explore and answer questions about the darkest time in her life, e.t.c.). And yet, refusing to speak would be allowing their little ponies to be miserable.
What do you think? Honestly, I think what you've already got is enough to write a story about without my idea.

Hey, everypony, I wrote a 'transgender Luna' story! I picked transstallion, because I thought I could write that better. It's still awaiting approval, but I'll be sure to post the link here and submit it for inclusion in the Transgender Bronies group if/when it goes up.

I'm starting to write one! Chapter one has just been approved by the admins.
Please check it out.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/318190/the-bright-side-of-the-moon

5083849 you are now my second favorite brony!

Wow, with so many awesome bronies out there, that's quite an honor. Thanks!
I hope you like the story.

5083992 still second to Joshscorcher. :pinkiehappy:

Naturally. I would put Black Gryph0n higher than myself as well ... much higher ...
In fact, can we just start worshiping those two openly?

5084033 not me, I'm already a part of the Church of FireRose (sermons by Dr Wolf) and the Abused by Comedy Support Group (hosted by Silver Quill).

If those joke didn't make you laugh, then you have no soul.

And if you don't finish this story...

Don't worry about it!

And just to show how much it's not a big deal to me, I'll even bake some cupcakes! :pinkiecrazy:

I like your story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18