The OC Corner 96 members · 156 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Let's talk supporting cast! Just like in a TV show, we get to know the main characters really well, specifically the lead role. However, the supporting cast can be just as interesting, if not more so. Even better can be characters who only appear briefly. Those briefs can become reoccurring, developing a life of their own. A great example of this is the character of Fraiser from Cheers. He was meant to be a fling of Diane's meant to make her ex jealous, but quickly became popular enough to stay in the cast and even get a very popular spinoff show of his own.

So while there is plenty to work with when writing a main character, don't ignore the rest of the supporting cast. You might just surprise yourself and your readers.

SUPERCHARGER2001
Group Admin

Wait do you want me to add a folder for secondary characters?

You did I think. In fact, that's where my story resides. I was hoping to get a discussion going on them with fellow group members to see what advice, experience, or comments they had on the topic.

SUPERCHARGER2001
Group Admin

Oh! Alright! No issue here.

Good day and I hope you enjoy this group.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

The grand majority of my universe is dozens upon dozens of OCs. They help flesh out the world and make it more believable.

SilentBelle
Group Contributor

Just about any longer adventure story is going to use numerous OCs. I wrote a blog post on developing OCs and my take on the whole process. I'd write more at the moment, but I'm short on time, so here's a link if you feel like giving it a read.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6