Ask Me Anything 132 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53

Ask me anything!

Normal
Group Contributor

What type of sausage do you like?

2080452, I like the ones that have meat in them.

Stiggerzz
Group Admin

How does it feel to have acquired the elusive trips?

Do you like sex? SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX! But seriously, what is your quest?

Normal
Group Contributor

Agree, its hard to find good meat substitutes and I doubt they'd work well in sausage.

What's your favorite type of ice cream?

Can I have a cookie?

Also, what countries have you travelled to?

2080460, Okay, I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by the 'elusive trips'. Can you please elaborate on your question.

Edit: I've searched Google high and low and found 3 possible meanings to your question:
Meaning 1: Elusive traveling, which I don't do (see 2080658).
Meaning 2: Drugs, which I don't do, because they mess up my long term happiness equation (see 2080574)
Meaning 3: The name of this video that I find boring and repeatative (don't click on it because it sux).

What is your sexuality? :trollestia:

2080466, My opinion is that sex isn't wort the effort. To me, this is like asking me if I like jumping off a cliff. Yes, I do like the jumping and flying part, but I don't like the part with a long walk to the cliff and crashing on the bottom. If I sum up the likes and dislikes together the result is that I don't like jumping off a cliff. Or having sex.

As for my quest (By that I presume you meant my life's goal), I can sum it up in an equation:
integral from birth to death (amount of endorphins at the current time)

Well that's depressing. My creed is party when you feel like it, have sex when you want it and do drugs until you can't feel your limbs any more.

2080468, I don't eat ice cream. I've never liked sweets (I consider myself lucky that way (it's probably genetic)). But If you forced me to chose an ice cream I would probably chose one with hazelnuts.

Normal
Group Contributor

I've had some pretty good hazlenut gelatos before.

2080444 Whats your favorite food?

Stiggerzz
Group Admin

your comment number has triple digits at the end

I would assume that you can (are able to) have a cookie. They are fairly cheap so, if you have any amount of money, you can probably go to the store and buy yourself a cookie. (With all this I am making certain assumptions to your physiology and situation you are finding your self in.)

I don't travel (it's not worth the effort).

Comment posted by Slip Kid deleted Nov 2nd, 2013

... Seriously?

2080658 Aww, that's sad. I would go absolutely stir-crazy if I didn't leave the windswept, rainy, cold, cloudy island that I call Ireland and also home every now and then.

Seriously, if you've ever been to Ireland you'll know what I mean about the weather. It just gets plain depressing sometimes.

On a side-note, allow me to rephrase. Am I capable at this moment of time, of receiving a cookie from you, and if I am capable, will such a thing occur?

2080698 Yes, I am serious. Can't you tell from my profile picture. :unsuresweetie:

2080623, About 50% of the food I consume is milk (about 3 liters a day). it's a very practical food. You just open it up and drink it. And It has everything except for iron. I also like apples (very practical food also).

2080516, I started as heterosexual, but am now leaning more toward asexual.

Is everything you do based on practicality?

2080444 How does this image make you feel?

2080711, Even the most complicated question (such as 'Can I have a cookie?') can sometimes have a simple answer:
You are practically not capable of receiving a cookie from me at this moment of time. On the theoretical point of view, however, there might be a chance of a cookie appearing in my hand due to quantum fluctuations. Then there is also a chance of that cookie teleporting into your hands via quantum tunneling effect.

Will such a thing occur? Probably not. However, If a certain multiple universe theory is correct and everything that can happen will happen, then you will get that cookie in at least one universe in this moment of time.

2080760, Yes, most of things in my life are based on practicality (It's practical to be practical).

2080830, The picture intrigues me because it implies intent and determination. The image refers to Molestia, which is 'incidentally' also a name of a chapter in my Novel in the making.

2080893 Clever self premote there, I shall click.

2080900 Yes, I'm slick, aren't I. :unsuresweetie:

Should the Dalek mutants in my story, The Eleven Doctors, be Fluffy Ponies?

*reads the question, has to answer.*

2083257 Well, since 2083443 already answered your question for me, I deem it answered.

You sound so confident about yourself and what surrounds you, what exactly gives you that confidence? I mean, why can you feet on the ground?

Oh, and the second question. What are the main problems in of your life (like things, you wish to change, but haven't succeeded yet)?

2570024 Sorry for not replying for so long (you didn't use the reply feature). But, better late than never, right?

What gives me confidence?
I'm actually one of the most unconfident people here. The thing is, that I don't react to that part of me. It's not something that influence my behaviour. All emotional crap that comes from me gets ignored and filtered before it can rise to the surface.

Logic is the only thing that is left from me. I trust that completely. I can walk into any situation and I know I can keep myself under total control. Even if I'm screeming inside, I can trust my actions to always be grounded. I've been called a robot more than once and I took it as a compliment. It's the pure logic thought patterns that I strive for. The more I achieve that, the more any potential pain and anguish in me become irrelevant.

What are the main problems in my life?
All my main problems came from people (friends owing me money, abusing my generosity, girlfriend trying to change me, etc). I fixed all those problems. Permanently.

What bothers me now are my own limitations. I'm not a native English speaker. I have to spell check every comment I make. My stories lack intricate words. My grammar is appalling to say the least. It takes me like 20 self-editing sessions to make something legible out of my stories. Right now I have 6 finished stories, yet I don't feel confident enough to publish any of them. They're not good enough yet. They need more edits.

My mortality bothers me a bit also, but I can't do much about that.

3203208 You're obsessed with the idea of immortality like those ancient Alchemists of the past. What is the sense of eternal live for you? Why do you wish to obtain it?

If you feel so uncomfortable about your stories, won't it be easier to find a good editor and a proof-reader? You know, a lot of people without any proper knowledge of English engrammatic are posting their stories here and get a reasonable feedback. Why won't do so you?

Have you finished a story about the evil Sweetie Belle? Why did your latest story seems to be a total opposite of it?

Are you a european?

3205146 You have so many questions. I like you.

I'm not obsessed with immortality. I know I'll be dead in 50-80 years. The clock is ticking. My body decomposes and my brain cells die every passing day. I'm not happy about that, but I did got used to it. On the plus side it makes me value the remaining life I have left. The lyrics of this song capture my thoughts of life very accurately.

I don't intent on fighting death. I'll die just like everyone else. I can deal with it. It just sucks a bit, that's all.

The way I see it, if I die one minute from now it would suck a lot for me. If I die a few days from now it would suck less. If I die 65 years from now it would suck even less. But there's still some suckiness left that eternal life would got rid of.

I have a bit of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) in me. I didn't get to see how the dinosaurs die. I won't get to see the colonization of Mars. I'm missing out on so much.

Fimfiction is basically my life now and I'm still not up to date with everything. When Knighty removed thread notifications it was kind of a relief for me. There are a lot less comments now and I don't have to spend 5 hours a day anymore to check them all out.

There are still so many things that I'm missing on this site alone. So many stories unread by me. So many threads unanswered. Immortality wouldn't even cut it. I would need to clone myself as well to keep up with this page. And the world is so much bigger. I wish I could grasp things faster, so I could grasp more of everything.

I let anyone preread / edit / proof read my stories. I have links to all of them in my profile. http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Dragor

Rarely does anypony drop on my stories, even when I blog about it. I’m not in hurry, though. I have more writing to do, so I guess finding an editor can wait. I’ll get more active in that area when I run out of ideas to write into stories. I’ll have more time when that happens.

I’ve published my first chapter of Darkness in Sweetie Belle after one week of self-editing. It had so many mistakes that I’m really embarrassed about it and I dare not show it to anyone. So here it is.

It was good lesson for me when I published it. The next time I publish anything it better not have any mistakes in it. Written words are the tools I use. I don’t want the bad shape of my tools to outshine my ideas in the story. I have to arrange words in such a way that they themselves won’t draw attention, so that ideas behind the stories can surface and touch the reader. Publishing a story that isn’t edited enough doesn’t get me that.

Darkness in Sweetie Belle is nearing completion. It took me more than 8 months and I’ll still have to edit it for months to come. I intend to make a music video featuring 2 songs that I wrote in my fic. I can play them on my guitar and everything, I just need to take some time for it. I wish I could stop time for about a year, to finish everything I started so that I wouldn’t be missing out on the world as I worked on my things.

My latest story Twilight Hugs her Friends is in fact even darker than Darkness in Sweetie Belle.

Even when I try to write happiness it just turns to dark. Everything I write turns to dark.

And yes, I am European. What gave me away?

3203208 It's trivial Watson! You have an angry pissed off dragon as your avatar and pristine white virgin unicorn as a character of your fiction. Such a combination is possible only for a true European. There still was 4% possibility that you were Briton as well as some other minor outcomes, but I made my choice and it turned out right. This symbolic combination was so typical, that I couldn't help but laugh :rainbowlaugh:(not because the combination itself was funny but because the situation itself was).

The lyrics of the song you posted proclaimed that the right way of living is to do someone's life better. Have you already succeeded in it? (Maybe even a little bit?)

FOMO? That sounds ridiculous for me(however I understand that it is not so funny for you). During my life I participated in some events that were considered important by other people and saw important persons which were supposed to be in charge for where this world is going, but I haven't felt anything special about them. Not at all. Just a bunch of a very tired old and probably sick from their work people. And the same can be said about minor events. You can't enfold everything, and even if you attempt to do so, all of this things you tried to capture will just lose their meaning and value. There is no need in gasping everything. Don't rush, have your time and you'll always be on time. A really important events that can effect your life can happen anywhere, in a lift or even in a shower. There is enough interesting things within a reach.

Still, why not to have an editor? This way you won't have to bother yourself with errors or strange words formations. Also you can learn some language from a a native language user.

This symbolic combination was so typical

I am unfamiliar with this. Why is power with beauty a trait of Europeans?

the right way of living is to do someone's life better. Have you already succeeded in it?

Though, this is not very intuitive, I am quite altruistic in nature. People took advantage of that. I canceled people and now we're all happy.

I used to be an idealist. I had big plans for this world. If I gained control of it you wouldn't even recognise it anymore. In a few thousand years you wouldn't even recognised humans anymore. There's so much potential. But humans aren't ready yet, so I more or less ceased my activities regarding the saving of the world as a whole.

As for individuals, I help them all the time. For instance, there were two threads in the separate groups today:
Looking for Audio Readers: Fallout Equestria: Viva Las Pegasus
Want your story as an Audiobook? Look no further!
You can see it right? These two people need to connect. I told both of them about the other thread and they indeed did connect. I consider this a good deed since both of them profited and I didn't profit at all. Doing this felt natural for me.

I also had a Skype chat with a brony today. He copy pasted me some text from his story and I reviewed it. I won't get anything in return for it, but I think I broadened his view on his story.

It's the little things that I do. I haven't saved anyone's life or anything like that. But if there's an opportunity for me to help with little effort, then I always take that opportunity.

The thing about FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is, that I'm a curious person by nature. I want to know things. If there's a system, I want to understand that system throughout. This fandom for instance is a system. I want to understand it throughout. By gaining understanding of others I also gain understanding of myself since I have more parameters to compare.

What I want to say is, I have interests, but I don't have time to fulfill all of them and when I set myself to do something, I want to do it thoroughly. I don't want to go to the cinema to see just half of the movie. I want to see all of it. Being on this site, I want to make use of all important features and groups.

Doing little of many things makes me feel like I'm doing nothing at all.

I also don't want to meet my life in a in an elevator or a shower. I want to grasp it with my hands myself. I want to be the one in control of my life, not the other way around. Going along with the flow makes me feel like a cog in a machine that has no purpose on its own.

why not to have an editor?

Editors are hard to come by. I want to have as many pre-readers, editors and proofreaders as i can get, but it takes time to find them and time to wait for them.

I've edited a few fics and know that some things are hard to edit, because you practically have to rewrite the whole thing. I don't want to put my editors through that. I want to do everything I can on my side, then use their different point of view to find the remaining errors.

Every Time an editor finds a mistake it means that I have missed that mistake. It means I'm missing some brain process that would allow me to catch that mistake as well. It's not okay that I missed a mistake. Missing a mistake means I have a mistake of my own inside my thinking patterns.

Tolerating your own mistakes is not okay. Cogs do that. They wear themselves out and have no capability of fixing themselves. I don't want to be a cog.

I do have my limits, of course. I'm pretty new at this writing stuff and I have loads of stuff to learn. Doing what I can will, however, free my future editors from fixing basic mistakes and missing on the rest of them. If I want to make my stories as perfect as possible, I have to present them to the editors in a state that is already as good as I can make it.

There is one other thing. I write all my stories in public Google Doc's. Many people come and go through them. If I wanted to reference all of them, then The long description of a story could have lie 20 names. I don't want my story to have 20 names in a description. Readers don't care about that. They came for the story and I'm forcing something upon them.

If I get a dedicated editor, then giving reference is a good thing to do. On the other hoof, forcing something on readers is a bad thing to do. There's an obligation from my side if I venture down that path. I will no longer be in full control of my stories. I will have a leash around my neck, forcing me to force something upon my readers. Making me do something that I don't want to do.

Those probably aren’t my main reasons, however. I think the following is. When I show my story, I want to be able to say, that this is my story. I don't want to say that I contributed to this story along with 20 other people. I don’t want to give references because it will feel like I’m cutting off a part of myself. Yet, giving reference to a dedicated editor is the right thing to do and I always do the right thing. Having a dedicated editor would therefore hurt me. I’m not sure I want to get hurt.

Why did you change the title of the now Twilight Hugs Her Friends?
What do you do when you get stuck (but not necessarily a case of writer's block) while writing a story?
Is it fun being an INTP? :derpytongue2:

3216531 I felt the previous title (Twilight Sparkle's Friends are About To Die) would be turning people off. People would assume that the fic is about the senseless killing and wouldn't bother with it. Besides that, I also like the contrast between the title, cover art and tragedy tag. Contrast produces curiosity and I want to establish that in my potential readers.

When I'm stuck I go write a diferent story or a different chapter. It's hard to get stuck, though, if you're writing like this:

Having a clear ending is really important. You can change it later on, but you need something to strive for when you're writing a fic. It's all about getting from A to B. In order to do that, however, you need to know what B is.

I can't say that being INTP is the most fun, but it is the most logical one to be. When you're INTP it's the exact thing you want to be, because all the other alternatives don't make any sense.

I can't say that being INTP is the most fun, but it is the most logical one to be. When you're INTP it's the exact thing you want to be, because all the other alternatives don't make any sense.

^ I like the way you put it. :twilightsmile:

What's your first language? <-- Though you don't have to answer this if you don't want to.

How difficult/easy do you find writing stories in English? What do you like best about it? What do you hate about it? What sorts of difficulties do you often encounter? With the language, with the story writing itself, etc.

My first language is Slovenian. It will probably go extinct in the next 100-200 years.

In our country we learn English in formal education for about 10 years, so pretty much everybody in my country speaks good English. I've mostly learned it from being exposed to Cartoon Network and other channels. Most good shows/movies are in English. I kind of grew up with English language, so the language itself doesn't pose many problems for me. Grammar and spelling on the other hoof... Lets just say I'd be lost without text correction in word processing programs. I even spell check my comments (including this one).

If you want to know how my unedited English looks like, you can see it here (I wrote this through the night for 7 hours after first coming to Fimfiction).

In English I mostly like the word 'you'. It's just one. In my language we have 2 words for it: 'ti' and 'vi'. First one is used for friends and colleagues, the second one is respectful and used for older people and superiors. When I meet someone in an elevator I have to estimate the age of the person, status, previous encounters, etc, before I can say anything. At all times I risk being seen as silly or disrespectful.

In English I hate the fact that written language is different than spoken language. In my language, when someone hears a new word he/she automatically knows how to write it. You just write the sounds. We don't have competitions like a spelling bee. There's no need for it because everybody would ace it.

When I write in English I'm always conscious about it. I'm never sure if something I wrote is okay or not. I often use inappropriate words or structure the sentence wrong.

I don't have as wide vocabulary as most native English speakers do. I sometimes have to translate a word from my own language to English. There's also a plus side to that. When translating I get more options for the words I could use. I sometimes check the synonyms in WordWeb program for every one of those words and get an even larger variety of options for the words I could use.

I struggle the most with editing. It takes me at least 90% of my creating time. I listened to all my stories for about 20 times on NaturalReader and I can still find a mistake after I listen to it again. That's why I keep all my stories public before I publish them. A different person with a different point of view can detect mistakes I'm blind to.

I am very conscious about publishing my stories. I have about 120 k words of stories and only 3,5 k of that is published. I don't want to repeat the mistake I made when first publishing. The first comment I got on my story was: "spelling mistakes... a lot of them:derpytongue2:"

Here are the things that Google Docs spelling tool fixed in this comment:
Grammer -> Grammar
inclooding -> including
comming -> coming
colegues -> colleagues
automaticaly -> automatically
unapropriate -> inappropriate
strugle -> struggle

3218715 I just browsed through the link, but I think the spelling and grammar there isn't that bad. Or maybe it's just that I've seen far far worse. :twilightsheepish: Either way, it's fine. I reckon everyone hates spelling in English, even native English speakers. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure editing takes up 90% the time of other writers too, especially published writers. You're on a good track.

Anyway, do you know if Slovenian language is related to German? :rainbowhuh: I took a class a few years ago and I remember German having two words for "you" as well, similar in usage to what you've described.

3218752 The languages are not related. German is from a Germanic language group and Slovenian is from Slavonian language group. They are very different languages. Slovenian is more in line with Russian language (I can understand like 5% of russian).

You're right, though. Germans have two words as well. Do and Sie, I think (I should know this, I studied it for 4 years, but I haven't used it in years since then).

4078486 I do not approve of waffles. In fact, I don't buy myself plain carbohydrates as they don't contribute anything positive to my bodily needs.

My diet mostly consists of milk, cheese, vegetables and fruits. It may seem like I'm obsessed with healthy diet, but that is not the case. I merely thing that the time wasted for the preparation of food is a bad investment. So I eat the kinds of foods that should suffice my needs and don't need any time investment on my part.

If you were to put a food in front of me, however, I would it it without reservations. There is no food that I don’t like. I’d even eat waffles, as long as I'm not the one cooking.

Stiggerzz
Group Admin

4504616 how does it feel to not only be a thread necromancer, but a group necromancer?

4504726 In this case, it feels good. The idea of this thread and this group is as valuable as it was in its infant stages. The functionality like that has no business being dead. The uniqueness of function should be preserved and not forgotten. If I have to resort to necromancy to achieve this goal then so be it.

What drives you?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 53