Alternate Mane 6 508 members · 156 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
comicfan616
Group Admin

Hello, this your admin speaking.

A while back (back when the group was on its first legs, I believe), I got a notification that one story got submitted to two folders. I could tell this was an honest mistake, so I removed the story from one folder and left it in the appropriate one. And I left a PM to the submitter explaining why.

Weeks passed and the group got another submission. This time, however, the story wasn't as appropriate to the group's repertoire (and I don't mean that as that kind of inappropriate). The story was a slightly "meta" fic about Lauren Faust talking about the MLP pitch bible with her friends, all of whom shared traits with the Mane 6. I was a little skeptical about its placement, but I took no immediate action at the time. Instead, I PMed the submitter, explained the situation, and let him choose whether or not it should stay up. Soon after, he deleted it.

A long while after that, a new story popped up. It was a continuation of one of the stories in this group. However, this runs counterpoint to the submission guidelines I set up on the front page. So I deleted that story and, again, PMed the submitter explaining why.

Just now, a new story found its way into the group, and it makes even less sense for the group than the Lauren Foust one. I have already PMed the submitter and am waiting for his response. (I'd delete it myself, but the story is tagged mature, and I don't want to turn my filter on as a matter of principle. And because I can't read it, I might even be wrong.)

But the fact is I shouldn't have to delete, or ask anyone to delete, any stories in this group. And please understand that I did not have these stories deleted because I did not like them (at the very least, the Lauren Faust one was pretty good). I deleted them because, unfortunately, the people who submitted them either did not read or even realize the rules I placed on the front page (and I will make this clearer, I assure you).

So to prevent this in the future, here is a quick list of what a story needs so it does not get deleted:
1. The story must be about six characters finding the Elements of Harmony.
2. The story must have an antagonist that has been sealed for 1,000 years.
3. The two items listed above must be the sole focus of the story itself; it cannot be part of a flashback or quick recap.
4. Stories that retell the whole series are allowed, but only if they start by retelling the pilot episodes.

Other than that, I'm easily open to whatever is submitted here. The story you submit could be of poor quality in my eyes and I won't care. It could involve clop in the worst way possible and I'd be okay with that. My only request is that you follow the rules above. If you do that, I won't have to send out so many PMs explaining why something someone submitted isn't there anymore.

Thank you. Stay awesome.:heart:

~CF

comicfan616
Group Admin

So, I've been a bit more lax about submissions to this group than I thought I'd ever be. When I started this group, pretty much all I wanted were retellings of the pilot episodes. But lately, I've noticed that some stories that have been submitted (that I haven't shot down) break this rule, yet I allow them to stay.

Which is why I'm now amending the above post. To post a more successful submission, your story simply has to have a total of six characters coming together for an adventure. Now keep in mind, this does not mean that your story simply has to have a Mane 6 of any kind to be counted; I want the stories here to explain who these characters are and how they first get together.

In light of this, however, I'm going to create a new folder for stories where the "Mane 6" are not your traditional kind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2