Alternate Mane 6 508 members · 156 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hello Everybrony and Pegasister, with Season 8 opening finally premiering Saturday March 24, we were introduce six new characters,

Gallus the Griffon
Ocellus the Changeling
Sandbar the Earth Pony
Silverstream the Hippogriff
Smolder the Dragon
Yona the Yak
And if I know this fandom, fanfic writers and artist are already thinking of creating a AU where these kids have become the wielders of the Elements of Harmony.

So the question I'm asking is, which character would get which Element? Who would be the Big Bad? And maybe what would this world be like? Please share your thoughts.

I think the Power Rangers. A unusual gang of teens.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

6375278 It's hard to say for sure who would fit what element at the moment. There's a lot of arguments to be made for a bunch of different element arrangements. Right now, I think if the student six wielded the Elements of Harmony it would be:
Gallus - Loyalty
Ocellus - Kindness
Sandbar - Magic
Silverstream - Laughter
Smolder - Honesty
Yona - Generosity

And as for who should be the big bad? Well who else but the very chancellor so opposed to their education: Chancellor Neighsay himself.

You know Student 6 makes more sense than just thinking of them as the Mane 6 2.0 like I was going to do.
The problem is that I think a lot of them carry traits of a few elements so it’s hard to say for sure. I like to wonder if it matters which of the mane 5 went to fetch who?
- Pinkie went to the Yaks (this is the one I’m most dubious about as Pinkie is just the pony with the closest friendship with the Yaks) so maybe Yona is laughter.
- Rarity went to the Dragons so Smoulder might be generosity (which might be interesting as there have been episodes like Dragonshy and the Spike being Greedy episode that show dragons are generally selfish so that would defy the implied stereotype)
- Fluttershy visited the changelings so maybe Ocellus is Kindness (but considering then she might seem like a copy and paste of Fluttershy as another shy but kind creature, I really would like her character to develop and demonstrate another element she could represent.
- Applejack visited the Griffins so Silverstream could be Honesty which seems reasonable for myself. I wouldn’t like her to be laughter as like with Ocellus and Fluttershy, I feel like she would just be a copy and paste of Pinkie
- And Rainbow did go to Griffinstone so maybe Gallus is Loyalty (but considering Rainbow’s summary of them as ‘rude, insensitive bullies’ it would be interesting that he ended up being the element of kindness just to defy that stereotype, similar to Smoulder.
This would leave Sand Bar as Magic, which I like the idea of. But in all honesty I think we need to see a bit more of them before we can know for sure. The premiere was shared between them and the old characters we know and love so I think we need an episode focussed on the Student 6 solely to get more of which element they may represent.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5