Alternate Mane 6 508 members · 156 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I had this idea floating around my head for quite a while now. What if Thorax (pre-To Where and Back Again) was the assistant/slaveservant to the "Twilight" of Alternate Mane 6 AU story.

What are your thoughts?

And who would you pick to be the "Spike" of an AU story? Grubber? A Grundle? A Monkey? or a Autobot?

I have to admit, the idea DOES have merit. I could see a universe where changelings hatch out of eggs, but it takes A LOT of love to hatch the eggs in addition to magical ability. Thus, Thorax's egg could be used as the final part of the entrance exam as a means of determining potential for bearing the Element of Magic (since , if they could manage enough love to hatch a Changeling egg, there's a good chance they could make the friends they need to wield the Element of Magic).

As for MY pick, well, that would be a tough one. You gave SEVERAL good options. Me, I am evenly divided between Grubber, a Grundle and a phoenix (the last one in a universe where either Twilight and Celestia have switched roles or Spike is both a pony AND Celestia's biological son).

I have had several AU ideas over the years, and the question of who else would be a good "Spike" has come up quite frequently for me. Of these AU's these are my favorite alternate "Spike" Candidates:

Twilight Sparkle
Capper
Dragon (From Jane and the Dragon)
Grubber
Cheetor (From Transformers Beast Wars)

Interesting ideas.
Cheetor (From Transformers Beast Wars):rainbowlaugh:

Yes, because Beast Wars was the best, and it did not have a sequel,where they did not ruin everything, and Silverbolt was definitely never an angsty condor because that would be the dumbest thing ever.

Also, Cadence leading a rebellion and Pinkie Pie befriending a Decepticon, because if your going to go over the top on a Crossover AU, might as well shoot for the moon.

Yes, because Beast Wars was the best, and it did not have a sequel,where they did not ruin everything, and Silverbolt was definitely never an angsty condor because that would be the dumbest thing ever.

Again, :rainbowlaugh:

Also, Cadence leading a rebellion and Pinkie Pie befriending a Decepticon, because if your going to go over the top on a Crossover AU, might as well shoot for the moon.

Somebody makes a fanfic out of this!

Somebody makes a fanfic out of this!

That was the general idea.

Garble as the new Spike.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9