Ponyfinder 101 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

I just found this forum and tried to post on J-Rook's character sheet thread. Now that thread has vanished. I didn't mean to do it! Does anyone still use this forum, or did I join the party after the cake was gone?

J-Rook
Group Admin

I had forgotten that character sheet thread, found it embarrassing so I deleted it, sorry for scaring you

J-Rook
Group Admin

4281760 I had forgotten that character sheet thread, found it embarrassing so I deleted it, sorry for scaring you

4281760 Hello there, favorite book horse simulacrum.

4282174 Hello yourself, world's fastest two-hooved typist.

4282576 What have you been up to? Playing any Ponyfinder?

4282577 Only in my head. My tabletop group consists of my younger siblings. While they are both fun and numerous, they are not bronies, nor are they available much of the time. However, I have generated enough character sheets to start my own faction, and several of them have long, complicated or tragic backstories.

4282588 Nothing wrong with that! Heck, if you made a full adventure, I am entirely not opposed to submitted content that could eventually be made into official content, possibly with profit sharing involved.

4282645 That is a very interesting idea that never would have occurred to me. First things first though. If I get the job I want for this summer I'll have consistent free time with which to write the Equestrian-universe story I've been planning. If I pull that off, I might try to see what else I can do. Up until this point, I have only written premises and endings with the occasional important scene. I still need to teach myself how to string them together.

4282653 Therein lies the rub. Nothing copyrighted by someone other than Silver Games.

4282874 Oh, I understand that. I just meant I have to prove to myself that I can write.

4282880 I'm certain you can and really want to see it.

4282925 Alright, it's on. It may read like an instruction manual, but I'm going to do it anyway.

4282931 Have you played/read pre-written adventures before?

4282989 I don't think so, unless it had a different name.

4282992 I heartilly recommend grabbing one up, just to see what they look like.

4282995 Oh, did you mean stuff like "Hollow's Last Hope", "Master of the Fallen Fortress" and "Tower of Misery"? I have read and played those.

4283038 Yes, like those! That is what I'm pushing at.

Ah. Hrm, Hungh, Eh....
I'll get back to you on that. Most of my quest ideas are too unwieldy to stand alone like that, but if I start with that in mind, maybe I can come up with something.

4283042 Ok, I've got the start of an idea, but I need to ask you some questions:

Should all pre-made missions start at PL 1?
What is an appropriate party level for fighting a CR17 enemy with a CR14 ally?
Would it be acceptable to use roleplaying npcs to fudge the outcome of the climactic encounter? (i.e. make it seem really dangerous without making a tpk too likely)
Did you ever set a name for the Sheriff of Turves?

Comment posted by David Silver deleted Apr 18th, 2015

4284009 A single adventure tends to be a single level range, as in 'a level 5 adventure for PCs level 4-6'. Going over several levels makes it much more than a single adventure.
Level + 3 is definitely a boss, so level 14 could be fine.
Sure! Tools to the GM to react to the situation is good.
Not to my recalling.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22