Celestia's Library 1,085 members · 3,193 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I remember this group for unique stories, but has somehow been closed off from the entire world. What has happened to this group and will this group ever come back to us? Or will it remain like this forever?

arcum42
Group Admin

See this thread. Pretty much none of the admins have been interested in continuing it, or weren't last time I asked. It is, of course, Flint Sparks group, though, so whatever he says on the matter goes. I locked the incoming folder, but no one was actually sorting through them, and if anyone was actually continuing the group, someone would have unlocked it, or at least started working through the backlog...

--arcum42

And so, yet another of the great libraries was abandoned.

While others burned, it simply faded with time. Spared the trauma of razing? Or perhaps a worse fate? That of rotting away with naught but a whisper whilst its sister died with a bang?

All of these libraries (except Twilight's Library) were started as a joke. I don't think anyone has actually done anything with them.

Basically it was started during the fad of '[Pony's] Library' groups, and unlike the others, it tried to maintain some semblance of quality control. The problem with that is that it requires lots of people to read the stories submitted, and that takes lots of time. Contrary to the popular image of internet users being basement cave dwellers, most people here have day jobs, school, and other real life responsibilities that take precedence over internet horsewords.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5