The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Rules and Regulations for the Commentator.

1. What is a Commentator?

A commentator is a staff member in the PCRG, so when commentator is used here, that is what we are referring to.

2. What do Commentators do?

A Commentators job is to read stories and write a review on the story they read. The review should be of the highest quality and of the highest respect to the author. Our goal is not to make the author feel bad, but to help them feel good about their work, and make them better writers.

This includes following group rules. In no way will we tolerate a bashing comment in a review. A bashing comment would fall under anything along the lines of discouraging the Author, creating a derogatory atmosphere of the Authors background. And anything else that an Admin feels worth the attention. In short, be pleasant. If the story was an awful read, then present it as such. We will remove commentator status from people who are disrespectful to the artist.

3. How do Commentators find something to read?

Each Commentator is assigned to a Folder, or in rare cases are free roaming to any folder that needs help. A folder is requested by the Commenter, but an Admin ultimately approves a Commentators position.

Once an Commentator is assigned to a folder, they can go to the submission portion and find a story to read and review. They work from Oldest submitted to Newest, this is so stories will not be forgotten and be judged by its cover.

4. What does a Commentator do when they come across a story in which they have no interest in reading?

When a Commentator comes across a story that they care not to touch, by no means are they to skip and ignore it. They are to contact one of their co-Commentators and see if they are willing to review it. If the other Commentator refuses to review the story, Contact an Admin, and the Admin will review/ find someone to review ‘said’ story.

Admins, if uncomfortable in reading the story, will find another admin to review the story. If that fails…. well then the world has ended and we are all dead. Cold truth I know, but we have a combination of willingness to read any fic. Someone will be found, so don’t fear for your story, or that chosen story to not be reviewed. It will be reviewed.

5. What does a Commentator do when they come across an angry/ Unsatisfied Author

Depending on the tone of the situation, refer the Author to an Admin. If it is serious, the commentator will contact any and all admins to seek for assistance. The situation will be monitored, judged then corrected as necessary.

6. Is there something that a commentator can refer to, when they are having a hard time making a review?

The Review Rubric. When doing a review, the commentator is advised to have it open in another tab while creating the review. Its there for a reason, and Admins will read through your review making sure the points are covered.

7. What did you mean when you said “Quality”?

Make the review presentable and thought out. Simple reviews are acceptable, but vague and well… under par reviews… are not acceptable.

Words from Cromega to all Commentators

I am ever so thankful for your willingness to help out. Now, I have seen many reviews come out. and though some folders have yet to be touched by a review…. I am sure some will come out soon. If you find me asking how things are coming along, please take notice that I am not upset, just concerned. Also, if I have not asked you yet, please give me a quota made by yourself to how many reviews you plan on doing in a time period. This will help me find more people, and know what folders need more help than others.

I could never work this group without you guys, so again, thank you so much!

commentators also please let your friends know about this group if they are looking for resources to get reviews.

Any questions, you can throw them in the comment section bellow as a reply. Feel free to PM me at any time, and feel free to contact any other admin.

Mr. Flare

"They work from Oldest submitted to Newest, this is so stories will not be forgotten and be judged by its cover."

While I totally agree with this man, what about in a case where one author puts in multiple stories? Shouldn't we review every author at least once first? :applejackunsure:

Tidal
Group Admin

2676652 I skipped authors that already had stories reviewed and went to the next oldest from a different author... There is one story I dont wanna review because it deals with a phobia I have so I'm waiting for Narwhal to do it... But I usually just skip the repeat authors and then go back to them when I'm done with the others :pinkiecrazy:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Its your call, just remember to keep track and prioritize those stories after a while.

Comment posted by Cromegas_Flare deleted Jan 25th, 2014
Muggonny
Group Admin

2676471 Ah, I get it now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6