Doomsday(Dark Fic Group) 112 members · 111 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I thought about not writing this since it gives the impression of flip-flopping, but, because we cancelled the last election, now we have the luxury of time now, so I suggest a better system than simple approval voting:

An even better voting system is Score-Voting. Score-Voting is approval voting with multiple values. One sets the worst candidate in the election to negative -99 and the best candidate in the election to positive +99 and scores all intermediate relative to those 2 candidates. It is even better at choosing the best candidate because is better at choosing the best when the second best candidate is nearly as good.

I recommend that we use multiple rounds:

Runoffs improve any voting system, so I recommend thus:

0. Score stories from negative -99 to positive +99 with an option to abstain.
1. After summation, all stories with positive sums go to a score-vote-runoff.
2. The 2 stories with the highest sums go onto runoff of the top-2.

0. Score-Vote-Election
1. Score-Vote-Runoff
2. Top-2-Runoff

¿What should we do with abstentions?:

In the first round, we can score them as positive +99, thus keeping unread stories a chance for ponies to read them.

In the score-vote-runoff, we score them as negative -99, because we do not want an also-ran to win as a fluke.

In the top-2-runoff, we do not have an option for abstentions.

I recommend, that we post the names, descriptions, and links to each story added in the previous month, the first week of the next month, give the ponies a week to read them before the first vote, and separate each round by 1 week. Example:

0. Thread of new stories with names, descriptions, and links from February posted in the forum
1. Thread in forum for first round of voting for stories from February
2. Thread in the forum for Score-Vote-runoff.
3. Thread in the forum for Top-2-runoff
4. Thread in the forum announcing the winner for February.

¿Any comments or questions?

Dropbear
Group Admin

Yeah, you know what happened to Zorphius? Haven't seen them around for a while. Not sure how well a vote would work without an admin.

This thread about recommendations will keep.

If Zorphius does not return by April, we can ask the site-admins to declare the group orphaned, and 1 of us, probably not I, can volunteer to be a new admin. Admins going MIA is why the recommendation that each group have more than 1 admin exists.

Zorphius
Group Admin

Sorry for my absence, I have posted a thread explaining my absence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4