Sunset Shimmer is Best Pony 721 members · 644 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

She ate pizza in Rainbow Rocks, and I've read quite a few stories involving her either being a vegetarian or omnivorous. I leaned on her being a vegetarian in Other Voices since at the time it was still the pony version.

The reason I ask is I am now just about to write a chapter in the Jongojiverse "Equestria Girls" where Sunset has dinner with Twilight at her residence and I don't want her to eat kale and bison stew as one of my OC's do.

This can imply to both the pony and human counterparts.

The pizza in rainbow rocks was shown to be vegetarian.

I expect sunset has developed more a taste for things like milk and cheese than a normal pony due to human dietary concerns, but actual meat eating would probably creep her out.

EarthbendingProdigy
Group Admin

4980939 It is hard to say, there are carnivorous sapient species in Equestria such as Griffons, most likely the diamond dogs and possibly also dragons so Sunset Shimmer wouldn't see that as too unusual. It probably wouldn't take her long to figure out that humans are an omnivorous species, I could see her eating meat eventually but probably not right away.

My take on it is that Sunset's come to accept eating some meats, specifically chicken and pork. She avoids beef, venison and mutton because cattle, deer and sheep are all sapient in Equestria, and she can justify dairy products and eggs because she no doubt consumed them back home.

As for her favorite food? I've got her as a fan of spaghetti.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4