Bat Ponies Are Best Ponies 2,442 members · 651 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

So I am working on a story that was originally a 2nd person story (I've written a lot of these) but later I decided to try writing a 1st person story for a change and thus the reader character became the batpony stallion, Neon Nightcap, a bartender in the coastal town of Night Light.

However, as you can guess now I need to come up with some colors for him. I just wanted to try to avoid most of the usual color combos (if possible) used with most batponies to make him feel a bit more original but I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions for coat, mane, tail, etc... colors for Neon Nightcap that fit his name and occupation?

I don't think there's really a standard. Sure, a lot of colour schemes lean towards the darker less noticeable colours, but there are a fair number of bright bats out there, just look at Halira, though I'm a bit lighter than the average bat m'self. I'd suggest looking at bat ponies on derpibooru (I prolly spelled that badly). Or you could go traditional for colour, and then contrast that with loud clothing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2