Bat Ponies Are Best Ponies 2,442 members · 651 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Hey everyone I’m just curious on what other people opinions are. So in some stories bat pony’s are immortal just like Luna and Celestia. Personally I don’t really like it and think it really devalues Luna, Celestia, and all Alicorns in general like oh you can live over a 1,000 years welcome to the club. It just makes being immortal not that special, but what do you think?

No, Bat Ponies are just a variation of the Pegasus tribe. So they are mortal beings like any other group of ponies.

I know but in some stories people make them immortal that’s what this discussion is about.

That might be due to them being vampires in some cases.

I don't know how often that is the case though.

I have not read many where there are immortal batponies. Longer lived yes but not come across any immortal.
I think the ones who end up immortal a less batponies and more vampire ponies which follow more vampire lore than regular batponies.

However one fic i faintly remember where the batponies ate meat and drank blood that had immortality.
One of the batponies was immortal because they feed on an an allicorn granting the immortality through the blood. Due to that little accident happening the princesses made sure that it never happens again.

My headcanon is bat ponies are actually cousins to demon ponies, where they are immortal.

I have read afew fics where they are not related to the mane3 races genetically and cant cross breed.
but saying that i have also read another where they were related and it was no problem
I like both options myself depending how its written.

My favs though have to be when they are descendants of luna afew fics have done this idea particularly well.
Some also have them as magical creations by luna during her NMM phase.

Maybe both, depending on the breed.

Yeah, the execution is always important for these things.

Some also have them as magical creations by luna during her NMM phase.

I have seen this idea put forward a few times. I don't think I have actually read any of those stories though.

In the Witching Hour by Chaotic Ink he had Luna alter regular ponies into bat ponies.

Sorry yes by ccreations of luna i also included in that her transforming regular ponies
Night Guards by Raugos
is my fav where she transforms regular ponies

I have seen that one around, but never read it.

In my headcanon bat ponies aren't immortal. Their leaders are blood mages though and blood magic gives them options to extend their lives with a little bloodletting. Of course it isn't permanent solution, and there are diminishing returns. So to live three hundred years they need to perform yearly ritual sacrifice, while oldest thestral in history, who was part of the first batch of created pegasi and later was among the first transformed into thestral, needed to bathe in sacrificial blood from several different victims every few hours and if she missed even one blood bath she would have maybe hour or so before old age catches up with her.

Granted, in my headcanon alicorns also not immortal. They just have really long lifespans, in hundreds of thousands of years, so majority would get themselves killed long before degeneration from old age settles in.

I don't think I have ever read a story where the bats were immortal. Plenty of vampony stories where ponies get bat-like features but those are not bats.

I had never thought bat ponies would be immortal but if a writer did it well it could be a fun plot device. My headcanon lore is the more magical the pony the longer they live. Though I always thought kirin would be immortal. I kind of see them as bipolar firey elves.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14