OC Edit Group 67 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

No pictures available yet.

Name: Gallant Charger
Race: Lesser Alicorn*
Color: sandy brown, with a greyish-black mane and tail and yellowish-orangey-brown eyes.
Cutie Mark: Blue shield over crossed swords (point down), with a very small gold crown above (between the sword hilts)

Short Bio:
Third child** to queen Cherryblossom of Westfold***. Found the military appealing from an early age, entered into the Academy at age eighteen. Moved into Westfold's Navy Air Force. Often tasked as a Warlock hunter. Reached rank of Lieutenant Commander and attained his first command. Eventually selected as candidate for Westfold SAS 'Sabres', transferred and promoted to Commander, and later to Captain after multiple successful operations. Selected for high command. Rotated into Westfold Royal Guard**** for mandatory two years as Colonel. Following this, spent three years as Second before incumbent Commander of Westfold***** retired and Gallant was promoted accordingly. Has held this position for six years. He is currently sixty-seven years of age.

Notes
-Experienced combatant, both with weapons and magic.
-Tends to lead from the front, taking to the field with his troops or going on small-group missions of his own.
-Stable family life, no catastrophic traumas to speak of (drama, yes; angst, no).
-Instant anger trigger: any harm coming to children.

Extra info
*Lesser Alicorns: the only known Lesser Alicorns are the Line of Earl Grey I, the rulers of Westfold. Lessers are not immortal, though they do have longer lives than most ponies, and have no powers unavailable to non-Alicorns. Gallant is over sixty, but is in his physical prime (equivalent to his early thirties) and will stay that way for a long time yet.
**Thirdprince: Westfold is an elective monarchy (the Triumvirate choose the monarch). The line of succession get 'first dibs', because of their upbringing and training, but any citizen may apply for consideration and any applicant must be a 'worthy citizen' (i.e. an academic will need a certain level of degree, a soldier will need a certain rank, a tradesmare has to submit a masterwork to a guild, et cetera), including the royal family. The monarch's children are titled with a number indicating their place in the line of succession, i.e. Firstprincess, Secondprince, Thirdprince, et cetera. Unlike other nations, simply being a prince/ss is not a noble title and confers no power whatsoever, being superseded by any job title.
***Westfold: the Kingdom of Westfold is an independant nation on Equestria's west coast, founded around 1300 years before the show by those fed up with Canterlot's sycophantic, self-important, backstabbing and ineffectual nobles. They have no nobles, instead using a system of mayors to bring issues to the monarch's attention directly.
****Royal Guard: Westfold's Royal Guard is a separate service branch to the Army, Navy or Air Force, and they cherry-pick candidates from other service academies. They run Westfold's defences and bases, perform small-scale combined arms ops and operate the Gendarmerie (military-run police force).
*****Commander of Westfold: the highest ranking soldier in Westfold and a member of the Triumvirate. Selected by the chiefs of staff, the Commander technically holds viceroyal diplomatic status and the military authority of (in human terms) a six-star general.

If anyone has any questions, comment and I'll do my best to answer.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

3793509 Nice :ajsmug: Seems really solid to me, and I like that you also use the idea of what I call "mortal born" Alicorns. A nice touch really.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2