OC Edit Group 67 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Hey, I need help on improving on a love interest for one of my OCs in a future fic.

Name: Enigma (Temporary name, maybe)
Species: Unicorn Mare
Cutiemark: idk
Appearance: She has a slim figure with a pink fur coat. She has a long blue mane and tail with white highlights in them. Her mane is long and straight and the tip of tail curls up, if that makes sense. She has a pointed horn and teal eyes, and is usually seen with a smile on her face.

Personality: She can be described as outgoing and energetic. She's absolutely fascinated by anything she finds strange or unusual, which makes her a bit envious of those things. She wants to be a doctor or nurse so she can study with the unusual and connect with them, without all the painful experiments that most science researchers do. She takes her interests and goals very seriously and can get very strict if someone insults her about it. She doesn't like how normal she is and wishes to be different like the strange beings she studies. She cares deeply for her friends and know when it's time to get serious and help out. She's always willing to help and looking for a role to play in. She's also skilled in magic and reason.

So what do you think? Any improvements to make her better or more believable? Any name changes or cutiemark ideas?

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4749134 Cutie Mark huh? Maybe a puzzle box with a question mark or a book of riddles.

4750059 That could work. Any name suggestions? I don't think this one fits her well.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750081 Yeah I kinda got that too, but I'm not sure on a name.

4750090 Ok then. What do you think of her personality overall? Too bubbly? Need any improvements?

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750101 No I think it'll work, having a bubbly and kind love interest is not a bad way to go. Even if it is a little common. Also I do have to admit to a small amount of bias towards that kind of personality, two of my favorite ponies have very bubbly personalities Pinkie from F.I.M. and Fizzy from G1. I do have diverse tastes though, but I would just love to have a bubbly marefriend myself.

Now with my tangent over I will say that I do find her to be a very credible personality. And it really doesn't come off as too much at this point.

4750110 But I feel as if I do bubbly personalities too much. And is having a credible personality good in your opinion?

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750122 Having a credible personality is very good thing indeed. I am basically applying standards that could "hold up in court" so to speak. If you feel you do use bubbly personalities too often though you could try for warm and caring like Fluttershy, or even studious and intelligent like Twilight. And those are just two suggestions Rarity and Applejack are both very likable for example, though a personality like Rarity's probably would work very well for an inquisitive character like this one.

4750144 You think so? Cuz Rarity is passionate about making dresses while this OC is passionate about studying the strange and unusual? Actually now that I think about it, their personalities are a bit similar. Maybe that could work.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750151 Well now that you've pointed that out I see what I missed before. You actually have a very good point there. Another thing they already have in common is that they are both very perceptive so that has a great chance of working.

4750156 Yeah. She kind of sounds like a mix between Rarity,and Twilight. With Rarity's passionate nature and Twilight's love for science and discovery. Hopefully I can make this OC work. Now all I need now is a good name.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750227 Query perhaps? It is an inquisitive sounding name if a little hard to pronounce.

4750240 Maybe that could work.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750261 Or you can use Mystery. It falls in line with the original name and it's far less difficult to say and spell.

4750266 Maybe. I can pronounce Query pretty good though. Just a shorter version of question, isn't it?

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750532 Yes actually the word query is just a fancy way of saying question. Either will work really, it's just that using query may be off putting to some. I don't see it being a big issue though, it is very unlikely I think. Well that and it is your choice too.

4750575 How come that might be off put......never mind I figured it out. I'll think of something.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750601 Like I said I don't think it'll be a problem. Some people will just get but hurt for the sake if it and you shouldn't worry about it.

4750602 Yeah, your right. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll figure out something.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4750635 No problem.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20