Bronies for Life 187 members · 1,154 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I'm sure all of you who obsessively keep up with Equestria Daily the way I do already know this, but I'm just gonna spread the news. :raritywink:

Hasbro and Lionsgate Studios will be working together to globally publish the My Little Pony movie. :rainbowderp: Lionsgate? Damn. They weren't joking about making this a "real" movie. I'm surprised. Oh, and apparently they're recording the music in a live orchestra for some reason.

And we also got a vague synopsis:

In the movie, a new dark force threatens Ponyville, and the Mane 6 – Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity – embark on an unforgettable journey beyond Equestria where they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship and save their home. The MY LITTLE PONY film will feature all new music with the Mane Six characters voiced by Tara Strong, Cathy Weseluck, Andrea Libman, Tabitha St. Germain and Ashleigh Ball. Jayson Theissen is directing. Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis are producing the film with Meghan McCarthy and Michael Vogel co-executive producing.

Everypony hype!

4612691 is this real? I don't visit Equestria daily very much

4612691 Sounds interesting.:eeyup:

4612693 Yup, it's for realsies! :scootangel:

4612715 if that's the case...

All aboard the hype train!

all of you who obsessively keep up with Equestria Daily the way I do...

Personally, I never go there. I'm glad you like it so much, though.

In the movie, a new dark force threatens Ponyville, and the Mane 6 – Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity – embark on an unforgettable journey beyond Equestria where they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship and save their home. The MY LITTLE PONY film will feature all new music with the Mane Six characters voiced by Tara Strong, Cathy Weseluck, Andrea Libman, Tabitha St. Germain and Ashleigh Ball. Jayson Theissen is directing. Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis are producing the film with Meghan McCarthy and Michael Vogel co-executive producing.

Okay, to be honest, I actually cringed when I read that. Yes! Really! Are they (or you) suggesting that this is to be done as a live action movie, possibly incorporating an interface with animated characters or is it to be strictly live action? (cringe!) Doesn't anyone remember or has anyone here ever heard of the Finstones or Popeye live-action movies? (I wouldn't be surprised if no one remembers or has heard of those as they were total box-office flops.)

embark on an unforgettable journey

Um, when are they not embarking on unforgettable journeys? Every episode in the show is an unforgettable journey! :rainbowlaugh:

Oh, man! This is going to be bugging me for the rest of the week! :rainbowlaugh:

4612747 it didn't sound to me like they were making it live action. Only the orchestra is supposedly "live" which I assume means it just won't be digitally orchestrated.

So hype!

Are they (or you) suggesting that this is to be done as a live action movie, possibly incorporating an interface with animated characters or is it to be strictly live action?

Where are you getting this from? I've read and re-read that quote, like, six times looking for even the remotest hint of live-action, and I've come up with nothing.

Oh, okay. (Huge, enormous, gigantic, galaxy-sized sigh of relief!) :rainbowlaugh: That had me really worried. I know Hasbro has made some real blunders in the past so the thought of them doing any kind of live-action pony-related thing really had me gritting my teefs! :rainbowlaugh:

To answer your question, I'm getting it from the mention of Lionsgate Studios, which is known mostly as a company that releases a lot of live-action independent movies, although they have released such movies as Chicken Run, although they're far more well known for the aforementioned live actor stuff. That's why I said that.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense. :twilightsheepish: Thanks for the clarification.

You're quite welcome. My pleasure. Any time. :twilightsmile:

I actually cringed when I read that.

Be positive, man. I bet it will be as awesome as this movie:

:trollestia:

Holy crap! A total pony rip off movie but it looks like it'd actually be fun!

Er mah gherd! They're so cute! :raritystarry:

I guess you can tell I'm a total sucker for "cute". Still, I can't help but cringe at the idea that someone, somewhere is going to do a Rule 34 of those characters! (Ack! Kill me now before my eyes are poisoned! :rainbowlaugh:

Also, couldn't help but notice the little "bro" tag on bottom, near center of the screen. Still, for a blatant rip off it looks pretty good and, yeah, those characters are just too cute! I don't think MLP:FIM has too much to worry about, though. :rainbowlaugh:

Thanks for that, Dragon... I think. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh! My mind is so full of f**k now! :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14