Anti-Character Bashing League 100 members · 244 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

In you opinion, which of your favourite characters are over-hated by people or disliked by people for reasons you don't get or understand?

For me personally, I think that one of my favourite mane-six ponies (Rarity) tend to be one of the bigger base-breakers next to Rainbow Dash nowadays.

My beloved Princess Celestia

Ok run that by me again? Isn't she one of the darling of the fandom

Pinkie pie of course. I hear really ridiculous reasons for why they would dislike her like shes pink or too loud or blah blah. one pink isnt a bad color two you think she's loud? look at that spongebob guy now hes extremely loud and annoying. I even heard people say maud pie should replace pinkie in the show. If you think Rarity is a huge base breaker I say Pinkie has the biggest base breaker next to Rarity they both get way too much hate and its frustrating. Being girly and pink isnt bad if anything i love rarity and pinkie because they are pink and girly.
Even when hated so much she still smiles.

Applejack: Damn good sister, consistent voice of reason, empathetic, emotionally durable, and pretty much Twilight's second in command... belittled as a "background pony" for no good reason whatsoever. Because she doesn't have an amusingly neurotic personality, I guess.

Celestia: The pony perhaps solely responsible for Equestria being the stable, prosperous, open society that bronies long to visit... insulted by those same bronies for daring to banish a genocidal tyrant with a cute face. Called "Trollestia" for reasons that never made sense even once, but that hasn't stopped the fandom from turning it into a casual slur.

Diamond Tiara- even after reformation- and Svengallop.

I feel like Derpy is actually too liked. That's not a bad thing- but I don't see why the fandom makes her out to be so hated when most of us love her.

La Vallett1
Group Admin

4989082 I agree with you there. Flash is too overhated for no valid reason. And still is, unfortunately.

4282919 What character isn't over hated (or over loved) in this fandom? Or any fandom for that matter? Everyone has their opinion, and the internet is a great spot to go overboard with those opinions.

Here's my list of characters I feel like saying "guys, calm down, its a kids show."

1)

2)

Just to name a few. Oh and one more, Starlight Glimmer. Yes, I know her backstory sucked, I know she had wasted potential, I know she did horrible things and was quickly forgiven (though lets be honest it was much more gradual than Sunset Shimmer), but come on! You're all reacting the EXACT SAME WAY you reacted to Sunset Shimmer! Even if this doesn't get a satisfactory fix, let the writers screw up from time to time. In the end, does it really matter?

'You will know, when you are calm, at peace, passive.'

La Vallett1
Group Admin

5870173 I admit there was a time period when I didn't like Glim Glam, but yes some are hating her too much. Probably due to her redeeming changelings.

4282919 Two words: Starlight Glimmer.

Agreed, well her and Flash Sentry.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15