The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Walabio
Group Admin

Once again, the HelicopterParents want to ruin Halloween. I covered their lies about ChildMolesting and poisoned candy in earlier posts in the forum of the Skeptics' Guide to Equestria about how poisoned candy and pædophiles dragging children into their homes in front of hundreds of witnesses (if one will abduct a child ——¡do it infront of hundreds of onlookers at your own home!) do not happen. This year, the HelicopterParents use the excuse of children catching SARCoV2 and dying from CoVId19. This is stupid:

Let us suppose that one wanted to develop a safe activity for bored children. Someone suggests an activity where children can dress-up in costumes with masks under their masks, which is done outside, with children keeping over 2 meters apart, and take candy from adults in costumes wearing masks under their masks double arms' Length (the CandyBag is held out as far as possible and the adult puts the candy into the bags at full-arm-length). ¡What a brilliant idea!

Trick-Or-Treating where children wear masks under their masks, keep over 2 meters apart, and take candy from adults wearing masks under their masks at double-arms' length is safer than having to take children grocery-shopping indoors with all required to wear masks.

In conclusion, parents should let their children Trick-Or-Treat this year as long as they keep more than 2 meters apart and wear masks under their masks and childless adults should give out candy to children as long as they wear masks under their masks this year despite CoViD19 because Trick-OrTreating outdoors is safer than Grocery-Shopping indoors.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Trick-Or-Treat this year as long as they keep more than 2 meters apart

But they would take and eat COVID-19 infected candy, right?

Walabio
Group Admin

It is wrapped. just spray with ethanol or isopropanol before opening.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7356127 Yes, let's give ethanol to children. I can't see that going wrong in any way.

Walabio
Group Admin

One sprat the candy with ethanol or isopropanol and let the alcohol evaporate before opening.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

I doubt you could enforce this procedure when children are involved. They'd just eat that shit up, coronavirus and all.

Walabio
Group Admin

If I would have children, I could sterile the candy easily:;

I bought 16 liters of 99.5% isopropanol. I would dump all of the cwrapped andy into a bowl or pot and pour a few liters of isopropanol and stir for over a minute. Then I would scoop of the wrapped candy out of the bowl and pour the isopropanol back into its container.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7356908 Are you sure isopropanol is safe for children to consume?

Walabio
Group Admin

It is not, but the candy is wrapped. The isopropanol sterilizes the outside of the wrapper.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7357133 It still sounds complicated and dangerous to me. Let's just cancel Halloween and be done with it. Sounds easier that way.

Walabio
Group Admin

¡But Halloween is safe and fun!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7357450 Practice it at your own risk.

Walabio
Group Admin

If I can wash and sanitize mine hands without poisoning myself, I can sanitized wrapped sealed candy.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7357650 Maybe you can. But do you really trust people not to fail at that?

Walabio
Group Admin

Let us suppose that children rip into candy without recausions. They are very unlikely to get CoViD19.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7357815 Why do you think they're unlikely to get COVID-19? That's exactly how the virus spreads.

Walabio
Group Admin

All wear masks andI never heard of people catching SAESCoV2 from candy.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7358483 There's always the first.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18