The Goodfic Bin 1,253 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 69 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 69

I just had a silly little question pop into my head regarding this part of the story submission rules:

Only two stories per user every month can be submitted to the submissions folder.

Does it mean once every 4 weeks or every named month? What I mean, for example, is can someone submit two stories of their choice at any time in May then two more any time in June, or do we have to wait 4 weeks between each first submission?

(The extreme end of the example is my actual question here: Submitting two stories on May 30th and two more on June 2nd? I'm using the 30th and 2nd instead of the 31st and 1st in an attempt to avoid potential time zone confusion.)

Does that question make sense? I did say it was a little silly... :unsuresweetie:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4410426 Let's go with every named month, shall we? At least until the council meets at Rivendell and a new decision regarding the matter is reached.

Question: My story was submitted to this group by someone else. I've actually been waiting a bit (4 months) to see a review. It hasn't happened yet. Now, I want to self-submit my story, but it has already been submitted. Can I self-submit it, therefore moving it to the self-submit folder (from thread of course) and make it change queue?

Winter_Solstice
Group Admin

You can certainly self-submit, but it may not make it get reviewed any faster, my apologies.

Thank you very much, and no problem.

Winter_Solstice
Group Admin

It looks like you got your answer already. Congratz on getting Featured!

DumbDog

This place needs a Discord chat. Does it have one? :moustache:

HapHazred
Group Admin

5537997 None I'm aware of.

I mostly just talk to myself. I always know what to say to make me feel better.

Probably shooting myself in the foot(or hoof if you prefer that) here but... how long does it typically take to know if your story(or stories in my case) is accepted or not? Just wondering is all.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5539416 A pretty damn long time.

I'm notoriously slow.

5539419 (!) did not expect a reply so soon. Also, ah. That might explain a few things.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5539420 We like to take our time. Out of all the approvers here, I'm by far the slowest. I wasn't always, but uni has somewhat caught up with me.

5539426 I understand. I just asked so I know when to expect a response(if that makes sense). Also, define slow

HapHazred
Group Admin

5539432 It depends. The longer the story, obviously the longer it takes to get through unless it's either overwhelmingly awful or overwhelmingly good. Also, we have a significant amount of backlog.

It also depends entirely on how busy we are IRL.

5539498 A)True. B)Backlog? C)That I can agree with

5539498 To go off your backlog comment, how many users are currently on staff for reviews?

HapHazred
Group Admin

5540512 Three. Myself, Architect, and Winter.

5540640 Will you make an FAQ? To me, its a little bit of a mess.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5575289 I'm not too beefed about a FAQ, simply because the most common question we get is 'where do I submit', and that's, well, on the main page, which I kinda consider to be our FAQ.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 69