Comment posted by Star-Form deleted Jan 4th, 2016
Comment posted by Star-Form deleted Jan 6th, 2016
HapHazred
Group Admin

4960845 Okay. Let's go over a few things:

With him, an mare named Shadow. Broke into general storm catcher’s office. But when searching for the information.

These aren't sentences. The full stop is not a comma. Full stops need to be at the end of sentences. Commas break up sentences. 'storm catcher' is a name, and needs to be capitalized.

Data Has been destroy

Capitals do not traditionally exist in the middle of a sentence unless it's for a proper noun. 'Has been' indicates the past tense, but in your sentence, 'destroy' is in the present tense.

I for a fact know that it's have the potential

'It's' is a contraction. Separated into it's non-abbreviated form it's written as 'it is'. That means that in this sentence, you have two verbs when you should only have one.

There are more errors than the ones I've pointed out here, and that's without judging the submission based on its content. I couldn't help but notice your story had no less than four editors. Perhaps you would benefit from asking them to go over your submission. It's not really my job to fix your submission for you, so do your very best to represent your story properly. Also bear in mind that you have said very, very little about what the story is, or what it's even about. Most of your submission has been you talking about yourself, not the story.

Take some time. You're rather new here, so there's no shame in taking a bit of time to explore the site, get a feel for how it works, practice writing, and look at some of the cool stories out there (our folders have quite a few). But please, don't come back with another submission I'm going to have to reject. I don't like having to reject people.

Comment posted by Star-Form deleted Jan 6th, 2016

Title: When worlds cross

Description: While looking for some information on the UTE (The United Tribes of Equestria), Stargazer, the Captain of the Royal Army, and a mare named Shadow, break into General Storm Catcher’s office. But when searching for the information, Stargazer found logs that dates back to before the portal has been open. But what they finds in the logs, many hold....
[Data Has been destroy]

What I aimed to achieve with this story:
I am a creator. I love to make things. I have done this in many ways; drawing, building, videos, and now writing. Even my profile picture is hand drawn! Even if this is my first fanfic: I am new, so what? What I believe in that make a writer, a writer, is the skill in storytelling, even if my writing skill is awful. But I have the skill of creativity, I know I have the skills to be a great writer. Even if you all do not think so, and about my story... I for a fact know that it has the potential, to be one of the great fanfics. Even my editors, who made stories of their own, say it has potential too. Also, I want to give something back to this fandom

What makes it unique/special/cool

It's a new way to think about the human and pony worlds. I think I found a new path to go down for this fandom. I want to make a new and unique branch of the fandom, and I think this story have potential and I think it can go a great way.

Im back and this time. Its readily

Two entries per month, right? Well, this should be okay then, I think:

1) Title: It's Cold Outside

2) Description: You know how it goes: boy visits girl, boy and girl have tea, have a good time chatting, and girl refuses to let boy leave—

Wait, what?

After a lovely evening of sipping tea and chatting, former Phantom Pony, Nocturne goes to exit Fluttershy's home for the night. But it's quite the blizzard outside tonight, the worst in decades, and Fluttershy doesn't want Nocturne to freeze to death out there. Of course, they are close friends now, and she does care for him deeply . . . perhaps too deeply.

They say cold weather brings ponies together. Just what does that insinuate? Nocturne is about to find out.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: Just a cute little one-shot that continues something of a tradition of my stoic, sarcastic OC, Nocturne, playing off of his opposite, the sweet and innocent Fluttershy. Includes some humor and references to the song "Baby It's Cold Outside".

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: Sweet moments balanced out with silly jokes, and a premise based on a classic song that puts a misfit character in a sticky situation.

4702814 1) Title: "Friendship Lost..."
2) Description: Friendship is magic, but it doesn't always win the day.

Twilight Sparkle knows this...

Queen Chrysalis knows this as well.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: I wanted to create a story about the clash of idealism versus realism. A sad and tragic tale about the clash of youthful idealism and dissapointment when it clashes with reality. The ideal is unachievable, the realistic is denied because it is bleak.

What comes of this is hope. The journey to the ideal doesn't matter, because it is simply a goal, and with hope in your heart something good will always come out. Like the Odyssey the ideal is elusive, yet the journey always leads to a better future when you stick to what's right.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: Interesting characterisation. As I've been told Queen Chrysalis and Twilight Sparkle have interesting characterisations. I do not follow the common "Hive Mind-insectoid" fanon either for the most part. Changelings aren't inherently scumbags, but neither are ponies.

I notice that many changeling fics absolve either side while forcing you to pick a side. Some try to be different, but in the end we end up being "It's all X's fault!" as if that will make us feel better. Like... there is a part of our brains where there is a sorta ingrained belief that we need to say things are this and that. Black and white.

The trick here is that the condition the changelings have is like a malevolent infection. So they risk dragging each one they ask help from... into the same condition.

In this fic changelings, or Chrysalis... don't lack understanding of the concept of friendship, and their society is built around it. However life has forced her and her changelings into a non-win situation that's hurting her and her nation. Her judgement is clouded a bit but in all honesty there's no easy answer in the situation she's in.

But the key throughout all of this is that as long as a single changeling draws breath, as long you keep trying... you may find something. To never give up, to never surrender even though you may not find the ideal solution. That is the essence of the "Magic" of friendship. Hope.

This is one of my overall better fics and one I didn't write for any other reason other than wanting to write it. I'm rather fond of it to be honest.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4965321 Actually, the '2 submissions per month' rule only applies to submitting other people's stories. From the OP of this thread:

Only submit one story at a time. If your story is already in the Pending Review folder, we won’t accept your submission until it’s either accepted or rejected.

The rules regarding submitting other people's stories and your own are different to encourage people to recommend stories they enjoyed. Frankly, if it was up to us, we wouldn't even limit the number of stories you can submit, but this is to limit people submitting their entire libraries/favourites list, which would of course be monstrous to get through.

Currently you still have 'Story of our lives' in the Pending review folder, so I'll be holding off on adding this one until it has been reviewed.

4966271 Oh, sorry. :facehoof: I thought the rules were the same for both folders. My bad.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4966697 No problem; honest mistake.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4973525 Sorry, we've already got one of your stories in the self-subs folder. I'm afraid I'd have to ask you to wait until we've gone over that one before submitting another.

Your enthusiasm is noted, though!

1) Title: Dusk Falls

2) Description: Celestia discovers an eldritch conspiracy in the small beach town of Dusk Falls. Luna fights back growing feelings of jealousy and isolation.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: Tell an engaging, Lovecraft/Christie-style mystery story, while infusing it with some Celestia/Luna Drama and a fair bit of worldbuilding.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: I believe this story features a unique setting, an interesting narrative voice for Celestia, and it's set in a period I don't often see written about (after Sombra but before NMM). I personally believe that the worldbuilding is quite strong in this story, as is the dialogue between Celestia and Luna.

Hello! Got a short submission for you.
1) Title: Winds of Wintercrest

2) Description:

On a mountain with a never ending blizzard, Sweetie Belle and friends go missing. Rarity and Rainbow Dash set out to find the lost fillies, but when they do, they stumble upon a pair of lovers trapped in ice. If Rarity and Rainbow want to save the fillies, the lovers, and make it back alive, they'll have to slay the monster of Wintercrest.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story:
This story was an exercise in writing thrilling scenes.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: (Why would I pick your story over a different one? What does your story do that no other story has?)
Winds of Wintercrest is worth reading because of how the story doesn't quite go the route others expect it to go. It gets very exciting and you can digest it in a short time.

Hello, I'd like to submit the following story:

Title: Of Lilies and Chestnuts

Description: In some circles, Fancy Pants and his lovely wife Fleur are considered to be the most heroic duet of Canterlot. Together they conquered countless events, faced throngs of snobbish socialites, and emerged victorious from the most dire of faux pas. May their bravery and prowess be forever remembered on the parties to come! Yet, there is something missing from their life. Something that can’t be achieved or obtained through exquisite mannerisms or charming smiles, but must be earned. Something that came to them in form of a brash filly from beyond Equestria.

What I aimed to achieve with this story: First and foremost, OLAC was an attempt at writing a Slice of Life story (I was doing mostly Adventures back then). I chose a rather popular topic - adoption - and did my best to serve it in the most edible way possible, with the help of an OC thestral called Chestnut (an orphan that's not really a small filly anymore) and the wannabe parents, recognizable-but-unexplored characters of Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis.

What makes it unique/special/cool: I'd say Fleur. The story shows her as someone more than a trophy wife trope she was often given at the time of writing it, and presents her struggle within the high society. Oh, and every chapter has its own cover art to help the readers immerse themselves in the events! That's gotta count for some uniqueness!

I hope you'll consider it worth adding to the group!

1) Title: Muffins for Luna

2) Description: Luna, the Princess of the Night, still struggles with living in a world that has aged one thousand years in her absence, nagged by the guilt of her past mistakes. Derpy Hooves, on the other hoof, would be glad if she could just get through life without causing too much damage. When, one fateful evening, they bump into each other, neither of them expects that it would change their lives. What does the future hold for the two of them? At least one thing is certain: whatever happens, there will be muffins.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: This story focuses on the relationship that emerges between Luna and Derpy. I wanted to write a romance story about this rather uncommon pairing which does not just go and say "and then then fall love" without any reasonable basis for it, but which shows how and why the characters slowly fall in love.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: The primary reason for me personally to be excited about my story is the cuteness factor. What I think makes it stand out from other fuzzy-feeling type of stories like it, though, other than the novelty of the pairing, is the underlying character arc. Many stories are merely feeding the never-dying hunger of shipping fans for more meaningless fluff involving their favorite pairings - this story, however, is based on progression of the characters and their relationship, filling the cute parts with meaning and reportedly making people root for the ship who have never even considered it before.

Title: Cutie Mark Crusader Magicians, Yay!

Description: After another failed attempt to get their cutie marks, the Cutie Mark Crusaders stumble upon a wagon in the woods with a familiar unicorn showmare inside. In awe of Trixie's presence and her tales of travelling across Equestria, they decide she may just be the unicorn to help them get their cutie marks - in stage magic! And it may just be the most difficult trick Trixie's ever attempted.

What you aimed to achieve with this story: Between comedy hijinks with Trixie and the CMC, I wanted to provide more depth and backstory for Trixie while also spurring character growth for the CMC via some lessons and morals Trixie can offer them some unique insight into. Through coincidence, the fic's ending (which is upcoming) ties neatly into the canon, as well.

What makes it unique/special/cool: I think I make good use of Trixie in this fic. She's more humbled and reserved than in Boast Busters or Magic Duel, but she still has the hammy egotism that makes her so much fun, and I use her position of mentor to the CMC to reveal a deeper angle to her. Additionally, she and the CMC work well off each other for comedy.

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

Think I'm in the right place, now

*sigh* It's been ages since I've been here, well I have one that I think would fit in perfectly here. My story, The Ties That Bind us.

So far it is one of my most popular stories, and most requested among the fans that I have. It follows after the events of a mature fic (I'm not putting that up for submission) where after a steamy night Twilight and Spike's relationship is strained beyond all compare as he realizes who he is and what he can do, while Twilight is trying to cope with her decisions.

Why do I think it should be in TGB. Well, I would like to get it out to a broader audience. I want to tell a story that actually happened to me a while back, and I want people to learn from it, maybe laugh, or see themselves in the same light. Hopefully you'll take a look

HapHazred
Group Admin

5071223 Yes you are! Adding to the list.

5071232 I am back ladies and gentlemen with a bang! :pinkiehappy: Goodness, how long since I promoted my own stories? Anyway, there were currently two that I wanted to promote but I decided to go with the current working-in-progress story of mine that surprisingly got well-received on its publication no less... I wanted to know whether it truly deserved the likes and what better place than the reviewers of the Goodfic Bin? Anyway, I've rambled on long enough, on to the form!

Title:

Arise the Six Heroes of Grand Gaia

Description: [Adventure] [Crossover] [Drama] [Human]

MLP X Brave Frontier Crossover

In the world of Grand Gaia, a world under turmoil by Gods and Demons, numerous battles were engaged in a single war. Each battle held significance to the history of Grand Gaia such as the Dragon War held in Baruria, the battle against the Twelve Guardians, and the fight against one of four Fallen Gods in Palmyna. However, none stand more important than the Six Heroes for they were warriors that influenced many others to follow in their footsteps.

Each day that passed in Grand Gaia, these warriors continue to fight the long fight to protect the innocents from the Gods' wrath. As time went on, they met their end by the end of a blade from a mysterious knight. Many were distraught from their deaths but motivation continues to keep them pushing until the war ended.

The Six Heroes having died protecting the innocent and their allies, disappear from the world, never to be seen again. However, what they discover is that their spirits have not ascended into heaven but into another world. One full of talking colorful ponies that embrace friendship. Why were they called upon this world? What purpose is there for them to be here? And are they able to return back to their home world?

What you aimed to achieve with this story:

What I was aiming for when I got started on this story was a sort of a what-if scenario. Like what the above description said, why were they called to the Six Heroes (the characters in question) called forward in Equestria just after they faced their death? What is their purpose to them being here, and the more important question, are they able to return home? It's a start but one I'd like to see to the end :twilightsmile:

What makes it unique/special/cool:

On all three categories, it is most definitely the fact this is the first crossover fic into this specific game itself. I've had this idea gnawing in my head ever since I was playing the free app game (yes, it is a free app game, one with a surprisingly intriguing story, awesome music, amazing lore from many characters and difficult but fun challenges), while watching MLP. I decided to say screw it and went for it. Who'd ever thought that this being the first Brave Frontier fic, it's gotten a decent liking? :pinkiegasp:

I think I managed to pretty much sum this story in a nutshell... As always, I'm a patient guy and I'll be waiting for the review to come... take your time reviewers and I'll be awaiting the review of this story! :raritywink:

5071232 Just checking to see any update for my submission.

Title: Non-Entity

Genre: Alternative Universe, Drama, Romance

Description: Set in an alternate timeline. Fluttershy encounters a strange creature in the woods. After realizing the animal is injured she tries nursing it back to health only to discover she has one of the most dangerous and powerful mages ever to inhabit Equestria in her care.

What you aimed to achieve with this story: I "adopted" this idea from Alara Rogers who put the scenario up as a brief outline on the Fluttercord group. There are many "Fairytale" type stories with this particular pairing, where Fluttershy is captured and eventually loves her captor (not a trope I am overly fond of), but what I wanted to do with this idea is Discord is the vulnerable one under Fluttershy's (admittedly softer) form of House Arrest. I also didn't want to make him a brooding passive character as he often is portrayed as in some of these stories. He still retains his humour and jerkwadness. At the same time, he isn't an innocent creature and has committed many atrocities in the past, something both he and Fluttershy have to come to terms with as he regains his memories and powers. I also focus on getting Discord and Fluttershy to bond as friends before it shifts into romance, as I feel this makes a stronger bond.

What makes it unique/special/cool: Hopefully I've put across a character study of Discord that makes him a complex character in a romance story rather than a straightforward villian who the female character eventually loves, or a complete woobie that can do no wrong. It explores three phases of Discord's life: his time as the remorseless ruler of Equestria, his time as a brain-damaged animal living as a predator in the woods, and his time regaining his ability to live as a sapient being with Fluttershy's help and how piecing each memory together makes him a whole.

Muggonny
Group Contributor

Title: All's Fair in Love and War

Description:

On the verge of war with the Giraffe Lands, Equestria is at a time where politics reign over the civil. While trying to make peace, Celestia is stuck in a conference room until she receives word from the Council of the Roundtable.

But until then, our story focuses on a certain persona from the Giraffe Lands: Chimply. Discourage that he may die alone, Chimply soughts to find a lover. And which he does, but there's one problem: The one he loves is a protester against the war—a hippie. Now he must find a way to cooperate with this and join them if he truly wants spend the rest of his life with her. Being the smart, rich, lovable, entrepreneur he is, he'll figure out a way.

It can be getting high, it can be ruining his name. All this for love. But all he has do is keep in mind that all is fair in love and war. So he'll play by that game's standards.

This is a time of politics and dark tidings. This is where Equestria enters its darkest hour.

What I aimed to achieve with this story:
I'm a strong believer that the best humor is the humor you have to pay attention to. If you don't pay attention to what the story says, chances are your response is gonna be: "This story is very dull and clearly need to be built upon." I decided to focus on this style when I noticed that comedy fics often lack smartness in its humor. While the comedy in the story is slow to form, once the punchline hits, it leaves a mark. But I don't plan on actually digging into the real stuff until I get to writing chapter two.

What make this story unique/special/cool:
While the story is flawed because chapters are cut short, I can't help but notice that there's a story within the story. Let me explain:

Celestia is in a board meeting. They're discussing peace with the giraffes. Equestria is at war with the Giraffe Lands. The main character is a rich entrepreneur just looking for love. He makes a mare friend who's actually a hippie.

So many things are happening at once and it comes together like a puzzle. Another thing that makes this story unique is the characterization. Each character has their own personality and story.

Triple Carrot is oblivious about everything gets to live off her father for the rest of her life. Chimply is a rich entrepreneur. Geronimo (based off the indian) has a thick accent, has trouble with words, and is emperor of the Giraffe Lands. Celestia is being the wisest. I think Luna is in character the best, her tongue is the old english tongue. Renai is a bit arrogant and is a general for Celestia's army (he's also a griffin). Heck, even the waiter has a story. He refers to the main character and his date as Sir and Madam.

Those are the things that save this story. The flaws are -- and I will admit I see them -- that the story has a slow buildup and it gets cut short. But it's the fact that there's so much story waiting to be told why I think it's good.

Whether it's good or not, this is a story I'm very proud and fond of. It was very fun to write, and romance is a new topic in my agenda.

1) Title:Hitmares

2) Description: Some ponies only know about Vinyl and Octavia through their reputation as the owners of the fairly large downtown club "The Hop!". Others though, know what they really do. They take care of ponies who become troublesome to Vinyl's aunt Sunset Shimmer as well as sell a bit more than alcohol to the ponies in their club. They don't mind though. Octavia likes the bits and Vinyl loves helping out family (and loves the power she gets from violence even more).

After a few years, things have become routine for them. Until one contract from Sunset starts a chain reaction that threatens to destroy the lives of every pony involved with the operation.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: Basically I wanted to take the best things about movies and TV shows involving organized crime (Goodfellas, Casino, Pulp Fiction and The Sopranos to name a few) and make my own story in the MLP universe. I wanted to stage the story in a similar format to a TV show where each chapter is an episode and each of the three acts works like a season. The story, while at first centered on VInyl and Octavia, revolves around a fairly large cast of characters and intertwines the things that are happening to them into a running narrative. I wanted the characters to feel real and have depth to them in this darker and more modern version of Equestria (picture the US in the late 70's - early 80's as far as the tech and styles go) and I wanted to tell a complete story about how experience changes you, for better or worse.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: While I wouldn't say that my story is totally unique I think that it has a special element to it. It's easy to take what is basically a story about contract killers and drug dealers and push it way over the top without realizing it. I wanted to avoid that and make a story that felt grounded in reality and actually believable. Also something that I think that I have tried to do well is portray the people that do these things as less violent maniac's who are essentially villains and more normal people (ponies) like everyone else that do what they can to make a living, whatever the cost. I have known plenty of people in my life who would be considered as scum by most of society (no murderers but plenty of drug dealers, junkies and criminals) and I was one of them too until just about the time I started writing this story. They are people just like everyone else and some of them have been some of the best people that I have ever met. I just wanted to use the story to show that not everyone who does bad things should be considered a bad person. At the end of the day they are just doing what they think is necessary to survive in the world that we live in. I have put countless hours into writing this story over the year and a half (It's sitting at a little over 85K words right now) and I am only just now 1/3 of the way through it. I plan to see it through though and would like to share it with as many readers as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and my story. There are probably a few grammatical mistakes here and there because I don't have an editor or a pre-reader but I think for the most part it should be solid. Even if the story gets rejected I would really enjoy reading any feedback that whoever reviews it has to offer. I am always looking for ways to make my work better and this is a great help.

1) Title: Divine Entertainment

2) Description: On a fateful night, Alex wins the divine lottery and is approached by Hermes, an Olympian god. He is promised one wish, whatever it may be. Alas, the encounter doesn't quite work out like he hoped it would.

Alex finds himself thrown into a version of Equestria that is wholly unfamiliar to him. Gone are his dreams of meeting the mane six. He doesn't even have the luxury of keeping his Human form.

Having to deal with an unfamiliar surrounding and a new body, this story follows him on his way to find his own place in this alien world.

3) What I aim to achieve with this story: What i want to achieve with this story is to retell the most important moments in the life of an immortal(OC). Ultimately it will tie together how equestria was created, the elements were made, Celestia and Luna ascended and Discord was defeated, and many more. All resulting in a huge climax at the end. The Story follows the protagonist, as he learns about friendship, magic and what the role is he has to play in the game the greek gods are playing.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: I think my story has a pretty unique spin on everything that happened before season 1, it starts long before the foundation of Equestria and will progress through time, until everything is resolved. The journey the protagonist goes through is vast, and filled with happiness and friendship. But also with hardships and difficult decisions.

1) Title
The Life and Times of Nighty

2) Description:

For ten years, Equestria has known peace thanks to the council of friendship. That changes when Luna is abducted on Nightmare Night. Everyone expected it to be some new terrible villain out to conquer the world. No one could have expected things to be so… different.

Sometimes, the greatest of challenges are not ones that can be or should be fought. Especially when they involve Nightmare Moon.

A comedy/drama (dramedy) that tries to turn the established notion of "Good Guys" versus "Bad Guys" on its head, both by striving to have all characters be likeable and relatable in equal measures while still having flaws, and by having the conflict focus less on the idea of right and wrong, and more on the ingrained ideologies of each character and their perceived morality of the world around them.

The story also explores (or tries to, at any rate) the idea that an individual of great power can become lost in his/her own desire to fulfill said role, to the point that they become something other characters within the story's world could construct as 'malicious', but always in a way that the reader is able to understand, and even sympathize.

The idea that "monsters are made—not born," is at the forefront of the narration and the development of two very important characters. More so since we get to see just what choices led them to make the choices that ultimately shaped them into who they are, for better or worse.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool:

The idea that we not only get a 'villain' who is funny, harmless, and endearing while also still having enough power to rule the world ten times over if he really wanted to, but also that we get to see Celestia frustrated to the point that she makes questionable decisions that start to tear away at the 'flawless' mask and lets us see more of who she really is inside.

Oh, and a young Nightmare Moon (the titular Nighty), learning how to fit in, always with hilarity ensuing. She winds up being something that no one expected.

Title: Marked

Description on story page: Twilight Sparkle is asked by a child where Cutie Marks come from, and begins investigating. However, what starts out as simple research uncovers shadowy forces at work, and with each new clue, she learns more than she ever wanted to know.

Story objective: Marked began as an attempt to improve myself as a writer. I tried to think up an original concept for the well-known world of MLP in an attempt to craft as best a story as I could make, and learn from each mistake and error, or perhaps from every success.

What makes Marked unique: Serious conspiracy stories seem rather scarce on this site, particularly ones that don't jump right in to said conspiracy, or ones that allow the reader to connect some of the dots and clues just as Twilight does in this tale. Marked is unique in this way, as I took the time to plan it all out so that I knew where I was going when I wrote it, allowing me to drop certain hints and plan occurrences very carefully, so that the closer readers have a good chance to see where it's going, and still be interested to see if they were right. What Marked does differently is allow the readers to formulate their own opinions about everything Twilight has seen, and when the story concludes, these opinions will prove to be rather important.

1) Title: Headcanons of a Palace Guard

2) Description:

I'm a palace guard.

So, my life is pretty dull. All I do is stand around waiting for something I'm guarding to be under threat.

And since that never happens, I gotta find a way to entertain myself.

See that stallion over there? He's searching all of Canterlot for his pants!

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: just a silly little story written for fun.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: my first story, I'm really proud of it because I think even ponies have headcanons, but we never get to hear them.

Epic of a diamond dog

To Ember, ponies are the boogie men, villains in story books, and alien creatures that roam the land. His perception is radically changed after he captures one alive; and they are nothing like he imagined. Now, to fulfill the promise he made to the pony, he will risk his life to get her safely home.

___
My aim is to write and complete a story (first ever), full of adventure, danger, and excitement. It needs to be good enough that people will want to read it, with compelling characters and unknown worlds. The story has several positive underlying themes but will make readers smile. Before this one, I hadn't written a story that people wanted to read.

This story is based off of some characters, an a species as a whole, that could really use some exploration: Diamond Dogs. Yes, we come across them in the show, but only breifly, and then they are gone. What is their culture like? Where do they come from? How did they get to equestria? And what happens if you go against the grain?

Title:
Carousel

Description: The Millennial Summer Sun Celebration is only a few years away, but Rarity’s fashion career seems to be ending before she can begin it. Now, she has one last chance to find a place for her talent.

But as she works to create the boutique of her dreams, a forgotten piece of Ponyville’s past is waking up. Secret memories lie forgotten in dusty basements, unrighted wrongs scratch at locked doors, and Rarity finds herself caught up in a history that may be doomed to repeat itself.

For although she is the first to set hoof in the Old Town Hall in thirty years, she can’t help but feel that something inside was waiting for her.

What you aimed to achieve with this story I had two primary goals I kept reminding myself of with every chapter. The first was to learn to write the best classically-inspired paranormal horror story as I was capable of—to learn what tropes would and wouldn’t fit well within the MLP universe, how they informed and changed that universe, and simply what I felt it was overused and would avoid.

The second goal was to learn how to balance horror and character development. As with writing fantasy, it can be tempting in horror to allow fantastic occurrences to be an excuse to have characters that are nothing more than stock types who endure an especially bad day. To combat this, I made as much of an effort as possible to examine Rarity’s character as often as I could. I wanted to bring her down from “marvelously talented fashionista” and make her ordinary struggles and relationships relatable to modern readers, and to make every paranormal occurrence inform her later decisions and relationships.

What makes it unique/special/cool: This story does not rely on gore or violence. This is an atmospheric story that relies on several intertwining themes to build an increasing sense of wrongness, unease, and dread once the themes start to become recognizable.

The antagonist was also one of my most unique challenges. I deliberately tried to choose a character most people wouldn’t want in an MLP horror story, but once the character was chosen, it started to inform almost every detail of what would happen in the story and what the themes would be. Ultimately, it allowed the story to become an examination of two very similar characters, the meaning of their art, and the dangerous choices they make to further it. It also let me have a bit of fun with the canon universes. :raritywink:

Alright. Let's Give this thing a shot.

1) Twilight Tries Not To Think

2) Lists are a simple way to keep yourself productive. If the list is detailed enough, you don't have to even think. The movements become mechanical. Automatic. Which might just be exactly what she needs right now.

3) What I aimed to achieve: This story is aimed to be an insightful look into the effects of depression, not only from a person who has experienced it personally, but also to believably show how it can affect anyone in ways that aren't always apparent. It attempts to show the reader what the -real- mental state as well as physical state, of a depressed individual is to help improve understanding of the said disease. At the same time, as well as providing understanding, the story provides useful techniques of coping that help most cases of clinical depression. The story attempts to drive home a message of staying strong, living another day, and asking for help when necessary.

4) What makes this story special is that Twilight, let alone Princess Twilight, is not slated into the "Depressed" role very often, but this story shows that depression can even hit those who have everything going for them. That it's not just "I'm sad" but "I'm overwhelmed." Princess Twilight is hard on herself in this story, even self-depreciating. Twilight is typically portrayed as the logical, rational pony of the bunch, and when you see her approach and handle an emotional concept such as depression, you see her methods slowly fall apart, or even become harmful to herself. I don't think this angle is taken very often, and the story ends on a muted note, not giving the reader an indicator if things -really will- get better or not. Instead, the impression is given that she trudges on through her sadness, trying to find another day on the horizon. This is way different from the typical depression endings of "She kills herself" or "Everything turns out okay and she isn't sad anymore." and is an attempt to feel more down to Earth.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'd like to change my submission.

Former submission: The Equine and the Immortal.

Reason for removal: I no longer feel that this is my best work, and would rather try to submit something else.

New submission: Nymphetamine: The Heart's Price.

Description: Princess Cadance decided she had to experience love with every species on the planet before she could truly become the Princess of Love. It's too bad for her the spell she used to get that experience had some unpleasant side effects...

Basically, Cadance's love magic can turn ponies into changelings by seducing and bedding them, and Chrysalis wants her to stop doing that while her victim, Alex, just wants to carve a niche for himself.

What I aimed to achieve with this story: This was originally an idea thread posted by JackAnarchy that I adopted and modified. My ultimate goal for this story changes every time I post an update, but at the moment I'm trying to provide a logical and in depth explanation for how Changelings function, an origin story that matches, and a story about finding your place in life after being uprooted alongside dealing with the use and abuse of love magic.

What makes this story unique/special/cool: According to my comments I have blazed an entirely new trail concerning changelings in general, along with making a human protagonist who has actual depth and personality. My readers getting into arguments with me has caused the story as a whole to improve multiple times, along with producing quite a few unusual plot twists. While not tagged as a comedy, it does have a good bit of humor, mainly in the form of snark. Finally, despite the premise being based around rape and the story having a sex tag, it's actually quite clean. It's not even rated M, and I doubt that's going to change anytime soon.The rating to view ratio is between six and five to one, and I read on Rage Reviews that any decent story has a ratio of at least ten to one. Finally, I wasn't expecting it to be as popular as it is. This one caught me off guard.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5304072 Fair play, I can do that. Consider them switched.

1) Title: Equestrian Alliance: Project Oblivion (mature so link will be sent to HapHazred via PM)

2) Description: Lock and load. It's about to get primeval in here.
Full-length science fiction novel.
A research accident on a remote island unleashes an unstoppable ancient enemy that hungers for destruction. Can the sudden appearance of an unexpected ally shatter the hands on the clock of doom?

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: I wanted to create a realistic and well-written science fiction novel that gives a more plausible humans-and-Equestrians situation with plenty of tension, action, and excitement.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: It's a sci-fi novel that doesn't take things for granted. This is the real deal. High technology, advanced weaponry, demonic creatures lurking in the shadows, as well as friendship and magic. There's some things in here to make you smile, and some things to make you cringe. Is it realistic? That's a subjective question, and depends on what side of the paper you're looking from. I guarantee at the very least a fast-paced action-oriented adventure to places friendly, and others drastically less friendly.

4702814 Title:Eeyup
Description: The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the thousand or so copies of Big Mac were happily going about their day.

Something about that doesn't seem right. Something is off, and Big Mac doesn't understand how it happened. He'd just woken up that morning and nothing was the same. What to do?

Aims: I aimed to make people laugh and give them something that could cheer them up on a bad day.

What makes it special: The pure randomness within the story, as far as I've seen it's not been done before

1) Title: Execute Thy Will

2) Description:
When a mere colt is taken from his home, it's an atrocity.
When a mere colt is trained to serve one of the most powerful beings in the world, it's an honor.
And when that colt become young stallion is turned to overthrow his master, it's treason.

For Astral Shadow, it's only his first assignment; pity it lasted so long.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: I've been piecing together and formulating this story idea for almost three years now. That being said, I aim to produce a decently sized world that's engaging to both myself and readers; I aim to tell an epic tale.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: I believe the story to be unique due to it's spun take on similar "undercover" tropes and stories that I've seen around the site.

A Snapshot of Sin (mature rated, if you need me to provide something in the place of the link, let me know)

Snow Drift was always one for trouble, but never this much of it.

What should've been a nice, relaxing evening, turns into the most insane, action packed night of her life as she's pulled into a conspiracy with a very dark secret. Putting her on ends with the most powerful gang in Las Pegasus and the most ruthless crime lord. The only answer to the dark secret is on the film of a bloodied camera.

To her posse is a laid back griffon, a bubbly batpony mare, an off duty bouncer, and a washed up unicorn with a gambling addiction.

It's going to be a long night in the city of sin.

My overall aim is to bring a tabletop game I had with friends to life. To tell a tale of intrigue and action reminiscent of 80's action films. It's something very fun for me to write and for the reader to enjoy.

As for the story's standout features: I've said above, the story is based off a tabletop RPG session and is my ambition to bring it into story form. This adds a bit of risk to the character's actions for they can succeed and fail in varying degrees and it gives the characters a better sense of being human (as human anthro ponies can be of course). There's the unusual setting as well, being set in a late 80's Las Pegasus with a Hotline Miami-equse theme.

Comment posted by Disavowed ASH deleted Jul 31st, 2016

1) Title: Ponyville Fire Department. PVFD

2) Description: A look into the world of a firepony. Why is Rescue who he is? Why do firepony do what they do? What insane pony or birdy rushes into a place with nothing but an ax and a hose, when even angels fear to tread? This is the story of it all, the why, the who, and the soul that pushes them to stand tall.

This story, the PVFD is dedicated to the hard working men and women of the worlds first responders. May whatever gods exist in the universe, watch over them as they rush to help us in our darkest moments without a thought for themselves.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: This story is not only a slice of life view into the day to day lives of the mares and stallions of the Ponyville fire department. It is also a look deeper into Ponyville, and what makes it the town it is.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: it is, one of the few firefighter/firepony stories on FIMFiction. Because of that, it offers a chance to look behind the scenes, where the mane six are not the stars but just six more pony in the town living their lives.

1) Title: (Link if the story is non-mature)
The Crying Statue

2) Description: (As seen on the story page)
The Statue lays in the royal gardens, the statue representing the disharmony between ponies. Some say it was a representation of a creature that rampaged thousands of years ago. Others say it was somepony who ran afoul of the princesses.
Some say it would be alive.
Especially since deep in the night, the statue cries.
This is its story, its tale of how the stone would be much more of just a barrier preventing escape.
Even once it escapes its imprisonment, the statue will cry on.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: (Overall objective. A story that’s gripping/scary/entertaining/goofy, or some other objective you had in mind whilst writing the story)
Mostly to show a different perspective of what the show only lightly elaborated on, as well as presenting a different angle that people probably didn't explore or think of, and overall, cause people to rethink what happens in the show, and if there is a backstory for everything, not just Discord. I want to create awareness for the possibility of every character having a unique and hidden story, and also, another aim was to create some emotional chaos in people who read it.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: (Why would I pick your story over a different one? What does your story do that no other story has?)
Even though it is not the first story about Discord's feelings about his imprisonment, it is so far the only one that writes his perspective, other people's perspective, during various points in Equestrian history, during and after his imprisonment. It has emotion burrowed in every chapter, and it makes people react in various ways, from pity to sorrow, so it's quite a chaotic and emotional story.
Also, it has drawn tears out of people before; its that kind of story.

Comment posted by Saberking2012 deleted Aug 29th, 2016

5251473 FWIW, I cannot second this submission hard enough. This was a great story!

Alright, let's give this a shot. :twilightsheepish:

1) Title: Ciphers

2) Description:

Untold luxury and wealth. A place in high society. A life full of the finer things. All this and more await Fleur, but at what cost?

Now, Fleur must decide: Is love worth nothing, or is it a secret worthy of sacrifice? Can she be the mare she is and the mare she has to be?

A cipher, after all, can be anything— Or nothing at all.

The genesis of this story was to combine three prompt phrases - "journey", "mask", and "a brief, shining moment". But once the shell of the story came together for me, my aim quickly shifted to a couple of things. First, to push myself to really 'paint' a story without relying on a ton of dialogue, especially where emotional impact is concerned. Second, to find a way to put an interesting twist on a classic trope. (bonus goal: really tug at the heartstrings) ;)

'Ciphers' has been very well received by the Fimfic community. But it has many qualities that allow it to stand out from the crowd, including:

*Effective use of 'negative space' to really amplify the layered motifs that flow through the story.
*Strong chemistry between the main characters, even though one of them spends much of the text off-screen, and a relationship that feels real in its beauty and its flaws. Much like relationships are for us.
*As mentioned in the story objectives, there's a very refreshing twist on the trope at work; one that should come across as real and believable without resorting to the 'easy out' choices that the characters would normally make in this scenario.

1) Title:
A Party For...Divorce?

2) Description:
Anyone or anything who knows of Pinkie Pie cannot think of a better party planner. The super duper party pony has planned, held, and participated in parties of just about any kind or occasion that anyone could think of.

So when Golden Harvest wants a party because she's getting divorced from a stallion she constantly argues with, she knows exactly who to turn to. But Pinkie doesn't think a divorce is a reason to party at all. She doesn't see the end of a nightmare; she sees the death of true love. Can Pinkie get past her own objections and make the party happen, or will there be lasting bitter feelings from the carrot farmer toward the party planner as well?

I put Pinkie into a situation where an innocent, idyllic view of marriage is forced to look at the reality of the matter, namely that sometimes it goes very, very wrong. Furthermore, with Pinkie being asked to plan a party for something she doesn't agree with, her reputation as the ultimate party pony is also at stake. Poor communication further muddies the issue. Pinkie must grow up and accept the cold, hard reality that divorces will happen to reach an acceptable plan for the party.

Stories about divorce are tricky to handle well, and few have tried. The mixed bag of emotions that stems from a failed marriage is too easily taken to an extreme, and rarely does anybody take a moment to discuss the uncomfortable, sometimes crushing feelings expressed by those who filed the paperwork for divorce. I have maintained emotional balance in the piece (as far as one can when Pinkie Pie is the main character), and gave a realistic voice for those who can no longer deny that their marriage has come to an end, and that they are better off apart.

Comment posted by Saberking2012 deleted Sep 8th, 2016

Title-A Stormy Night

Description-A simple night can change when you have a friend in need. Even something as simple as being there can change a fillies life.

What you aimed to achieve with this story: Nothing much other then getting people to tug at other people's heartstrings:twilightsheepish:.

What makes it unique/special/cool: Special. Because it shows sisterly love.

Ty for your time and I hope to see it up soon:twilightsheepish:

Title-A She-devil In Plain Sight

Description:

Rarity, after a small argument with her friends, realizes that one of her most recent sexual fantasies isn't going away anytime soon, if ever.

Follow Rarity in her journey to self-discovery and acceptance, as she tries to find wisdom and advice in her unwilling brethrens' words. To seek physical explanations in the fragmentary truth of science and spiritual answers in the litigious world of philosophy. To find comfort in speaking about her struggle with her friends, and safety in the painful -- and yet socially acceptable -- silence. To understand where the love ends and the illicit lust begins to reap souls...

What You Aimed to Achieve with This Story: Aside from an attempt to ease up my tensions; it has been an attempt to write a somewhat deep story showing both sides of the same issue, trying to present both sides as having a point withing this site's limitations on contents.

What makes it special: The subject is relatively rare, and the way to do it is actually unique.

1) Title: The Phoenix of the Wasteland (Mature rated; no link provided)

2) Description:

It is just another day in Our Town. Its mayor, Starlight Glimmer, is contacted by a nameless wanderer who speaks of a faraway place. A wretched place, wrought with poverty, plagued by violence, and ruled under the merciless jackboot of a remnant empire in decay. It is a place where the unscrupulous flourish, and the virtuous are eaten alive. By its own denizens, it is known as the Wasteland. By the Equestrians, it is known only as an obscure myth.

And Starlight is the only one who can save it. So that is what she has set out to do. With an aged survivalist to guide her, a ruthlessly sharp wit to support her, and a lust for power to drive her, she has left Our Town to embark on a march of conquest to bring her own order to a dying land.

Several things.

Firstly, I had always been intrigued by the idea of a society which stood antithetical to Equestria, yet resided in the same universe and shared many of the same values while realizing them in radically different ways. A foil, if you will. With the setting, I sought to create such an antithesis, then present it to my audience through Equestrian eyes to accentuate the difference. I believe I did that very well, and others I have spoken to tend to agree.

Another thing I wanted to do was develop a believable and thoughtful black-versus-black conflict, as I don't see it done a lot in pony fics. All sides have complex, perhaps even relatable and understandable, motivations.

But more importantly, this was an attempt at subverting and deconstructing tropes from both MLP and fantasy in general, from major and fundamental things like easy forgiveness and redemption, to minute things like wielding weapons in clenched teeth. A lot of what makes this story unique is how much it picks apart the things that make other stories ordinary.

-Deep and creative worldbuilding.
-Perhaps the most despicable villain in MLP fanfiction.
-Plenty of subverted and deconstructed notions.
-Accurate, well-researched depictions of various mental conditions.
-Compelling plot.
-Tight, focused narrative.
-Villain protagonist.
-If you like dark stories, this story is more than dark enough to suit your needs. Gore is present but not gratuitous.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 156