The Goodfic Bin 1,253 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 156 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 156

As I've decided I don't give much of a shit anymore about the last story I self-submitted here, and don't think anyone will ever get around to reviewing it anyway, I'd like to self-submit another one in its place.

1) Title: We Are Vengeance. We Are The Night. We... Are... Batmare!

2) Description:

Hark, and come hither, ye curious gentlefolk. Take heed to your Princess' glorious tale of valour and heroism against those dastardly slubberdegullions who would seek to make our glorious city of Canterlot a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: A fun, short, lighthearted story where Princess Luna is Batman.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: I wanted to write it in such a way that it feels like something Luna would write. I believe that I've succeeded in that endeavor.

Alright, lets try this again.:moustache:

1)Title:A Friend In Need

2)Description)*Takes place with Kid Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash*

When your only friends are animals, you don't know how to deal with someone helping you. Cold and scared, how will she reply to a gesture?

3)What you aimed to achieve with this story: A sad but sweet turn on how two friends meet.

4)What makes it unique/special/cool: A)It's in Equestria so it's a new spin on that. B)To tug at some heart strings but at the same time make it relatable.

HapHazred
Group Admin

It's in Equestria so it's a new spin on that.

Explain.

5536133 Hmm? Oh, It's basically stated in the description but I'll explain it a bit more. To keep it simple, It's a take on how RD meets Fluttershy but has a sad twist. From what I've heard and seen, not to many stories have Equestria girls with how RD meets Fluttershy. Of course, I haven't been all over FimFiction so I could be wrong. Sorry if I confused you.

Title:
Equestrian Noire: Echoes of the Past

Description:
"Maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one." -John Green
Night Visions is approached by Miss Pie as a key investigator in a missing pony case. Along the deceptive path, she is faced with memories and old friends. Can Night Visions solve the case, or will it be deemed unsolvable?

What You Aimed to Achieve with this Story:
I wanted to try something new and try something that was more of a mystery based story than anything. Of course, I didn't want it to just be some fru-fru mystery story like a lot of things I've seen as of late, where there's a cliche story mixed with some kind of humor and whatnot. No. I wanted something better; something...darker in a sense. I had always enjoyed a good noir/noire based story and figured that I would go for that. All in all, I wanted to make a good story while still having the elements of a good mystery.

What Makes Your Story Unique/Special/Cool:
Well, it's one of the few noir stories that I've seen on FiMFiction (in all fairness, it's the only one I've seen). Now, that doesn't mean that there aren't other mystery stories out there, but I have yet to see one that uses elements of a noir to create the story. Plus, who doesn't like a few heated love scenes here and there?

Title:
A Queen's regret

Description: Queen Chrysalis, the ruler of the once great changeling army attempted to invade Canterlot, going all out and using as much force as needed to capture Canterlot and overthrow Celestia. They failed and now have been left in a desolate wasteland, grieving and wounded.

What You Aimed to Achieve with this Story: I hoped to achieve a different take on the generic "Queen Chrysalis" loses scenario, adding my own twist. Yes it's overused but I feel I made it different enough.

What Makes Your Story Unique/Special/Cool: Honestly I couldn't tell you myself. The concept it comes from is overused hell and back, the only thing I really feel may set it apart is the narration I went with, the way I decided for the story to turn compared to that of others.

Title Broken

Description:
I don't know what happened. I don't know why. But I see it. I see it again and again. The sounds are calling me. No. They tell me to run. Sounds are everywhere and I do not know. So confused, but it's okay. That's what I am told. I am naughty because I don't listen, and it's not okay. I see it's not okay. Nothing is okay. That's what I am told.

What I aimed to achieve:
Too often fan fictions skim the literary surface. This was written during my international study of English literature, and uses an unorthodox method of writing: Stream of Consciousness is used here so the reader can be put into the scene and feel the impact the events have on the main character. I want a story where the reader has to think. Too often we are left with no intellectual stimulus. The story is written freely, breaking away from grammar at times, but this is entirely intentional and in accordance with the narrative style. I want the reader to dig for the meaning, and understand the message as if it were fueled by his or her own critical thinking, rather than having facts, statistics, and opinions regurgitated into their face.

What makes it unique:
In terms of structure and methods, Broken was inspired by Toni Morrison's novel "Beloved," where a mother and her daughter contend with the struggles of living in America after the abolition of slavery, especially when Beloved returns to their family. Broken tackles a modern social issue in a similar manner, though it mimics the nature of its issue through rapid shock and concise narration. It doesn't beat around the bush.

Natura Semper Liberi

Guide to the Nature of Everfree; Collected works of a pony trying to bring a ray of light to the darkness of myths surrounding Everfree creatures.

I tried to show people how do the laws of nature work and that not everything is just black and white. As a subject, I chose the infamous Everfree Forest to demonstrate this. This story also serves as the defense for "vile" Everfree creatures such as Timberwolves.

It's probably only story themed as a diary of cynical (and little insane) pony, which tries to summarize the lifestyles of ancient beasts, all in layman's terms. At least that's what the pony though...

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4702814 Hmm. I haven't been here in a while. Well, let's try this out.

1) Title: Déjà Vu

2) Description:

I don't know why I'm here...
I don't know how I got here...
I don't want to keep going like this...
But I don't have a choice...
I just don't want to wind up like her...

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: This is my 2nd attempt at a horror story. Unlike the last one, however, I went for something a bit subtler and less in your face, while simultaneously making the reader think twice about something that, on the surface, seems trivial.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: I could just repeat some of my comments and knock off for lunch, but I like to think I'm more professional then that, so what I think is really cool about the story is the concept, which while I don't like to spoil, it's an idea that's somewhat similar to the movie Groundhog's Day, but with a twist that I believe will both unnerve the audience and make them see the movie Rainbow Rocks in a slightly different light that I don't think any other story has managed.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5594316 It has been a while since you've been here! Nice seeing you again.

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

5594941 Good to see you're still kicking too. I trust that my submission was acceptable?

HapHazred
Group Admin

5595457 Yeah, added it to the list no problem. Shouldn't take long to read, either, although I am curious what you'd have managed to fit in only under 2K words.

Maybe the 3rd times the charm?

1) Title: Feeling Helpless

2) Description: After a frightening dream when Maud is sent into the Hospital, Pinkie is frightened by her inability to help her dear sister in her time of need.

3)What you aimed to achieve with this story: To tug at some heart string/be relatable.

4)What makes it unique/special/cool: Its relateable and has sisterly love. Its a subject that has yet to be done(to my knowledge)

Hopefully, This one will be seen:scootangel:

Comment posted by Death Pony deleted Nov 7th, 2016

1) The Ultimatest Evil
2) It was another quiet day in Ponyville when that peace was shattered by the arrival of a new foe.
What does this new enemy want, and to what depths will it stoop to to gain victory over the so-called Elements of Harmony?
And why is no one taking him seriously?
3) I wanted to write a story that was fairly light read while being plenty goofy.
4) After reading so many grimdark stories where humans are absolutely horrible to ponies as well as a plethora of gary-stu human heroes, I decided to combine them....like a literary Reese's Cup.

1). Jewel of the Jungle

2).

Zecora yearns for a simpler life. A life free from duties and obligations. A life she can call her own. But as the only child of Zebrica's High Chieftain, she's been groomed since birth to become the ideal successor for her father's domain. In a desperate attempt to escape her fate, she flees to Equestria to start a new life. As she's settling down, Zecora soon discovers just how wildly different her culture is compared to theirs. Worse yet, Zecora's definition of casual attire isn't exactly on par with the locals...

3). It's primarily a (sensual) humanized romantic story between Zecora and Big Mac. However, it also goes into detail about Zecora's past, her culture/beliefs/lifestyle, and her adaptation to life in Equestria.

4). It's unique because there are very few stories with Zecora as the main character in the first place. Furthermore, she also happens to be a nudist. I won't go into great detail about it because that would be spoiling, but she lives like that largely due in part to her beliefs and where she grew up. I also did a fair bit of world building for the humanized universe this is set in too.

1) Title: It's Gonna be a Mathacre

2) Description: Summer break: the one thing that all students look forward to every year. But before that glorious freedom, comes the dreaded semester finals. The students of Canterlot High are certainly no slackers, but it's not enough for one man's liking. With the mighty powers of arithmagics at his beck and call, he is going to ensure these layabout students study - whether they like it or not! FOREVER!

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: A silly, pun-filled one shot featuring the Equestria Girls and crossed over with Dexter's Laboratory. Written for the sheer pun of it.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: A personal favorite of my one shots. Besides writing for the Humane Six and the Mathmagician, I loved the puns/jokes.

Huh... Been awhile since I posted anything on here. Still waiting. Anyways, let's see where this goes.

Title-Overcoming The Past

Description-Twilight is an exceptional student. She has been a star pupil for her entire life. But what did that exemplary life cost her? Not even Twi herself understands the pain her life has cost until Rainbow asks her about it...

What you aimed to achieve with this story: To relate to the character and to teach a lesson/moral.

What makes it unique/special/cool: A Glimpse of Sci-Twi past and try to reach out to those who have dealt with something similar to her.

Title: Flight school reunion

Descritpion: Achieving her dream wasn’t easy for Rainbow Dash.
Obviously, almost every little pegasus dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt when they’re still naive, but most of them realize how few flyers really have what it takes to get in their rank. Yet, Rainbow Dash never discouraged and went against every obstacle.
So, when she finally achieve her dream, she can’t help but feel a gleaming sensation of winning.
A few weeks later, a reunion of students from Flight Schools comes close. She’s so eager to go. . .

What I am to achieve: When I saw P.P.O.V. and Twilight mentioned the flight school reunion I tried to picture how it went. That is what I came out with. A slice of life with a valuable lesson.

What makes it special: It's not, this story is a very simple Slice of Life. But I do believe that it's well written and really enjoyable, with a good moral and a simple way to expose it. Also, f you think that Rainbow Dash as a Wonderbolt needs more screen-time, this a fic for you.

This is the first story that I submit here, please let me know if this format is acceptable.

Title: Il Duce e la Principessa

Description: Days prior to the planned march on Rome, Benito Mussolini is anxious.

Oh yes, he has been given the go-ahead from the American ambassador and has thousands of blackshirts and some of the most avant-garde fascists behind him. However, this strength is deceptive, just like the confidence he made sure to wear in front of his fellow fascists; his own blackshirts commander told Il Duce that he would not act against the king if he resisted, and there is still the army loyal to the king that is ready to fight on his word.

Doubt plaguing him, Benito is now at a crossroad: should he continue as planned or perhaps flee Italy altogether? He decides to take a night stroll to iron out his thoughts.

That is, until a freak earthquake hits Naples and changes history forever.

What I Aimed to Achieve with this Story: This sort of came to me due to seeing a certain image on derpibooru and I was unsure for a long time as to how I'd write this. At first I thought that this could only really work as a trollfic, as this is a MLD but with Cadence falling on the lap of Mussolini. In the end though, I decided to write the story straight with one driving question: How would the introduction of an alicorn in Fascist Italy impact world history?

Since Mussolini is often overlooked in most media I thought that an insight to his person would provide an interesting read, especially with the appearance of Cadence. Also, I want to write a Cadence who does grow up in a completely different environment from the one she originally came from.

What Makes My Story Unique/Special/Cool: While yes, this is a MLD offshoot or a reversed displaced fic, the setting, characters and direction of this story are what separate it from the rest. I have been told repeatedly that this is one of the stranger fic attempts that has been seen on the site, stranger still considering that this is being written as it would have possibly happened, and not as just a mere trollfic. Plenty of time has been put into researching the period and will continue to be put in as the story progresses.

Hope I'll pique some eyebrows here! :raritywink:

1) Title: A Stallion's Strength

2) Description:

Big Mac is a strong stallion, no doubt about that, possibly even the strongest pony around.
However, that changes when he meets a filly by the name of Lily Longsocks, whose raw strength might even rival his own.
It is from this filly that Big Mac will learn where a stallion truly draws his strength.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: To give a heartfelt ending while simultaneously giving two overlooked characters more depth.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: A background character, who whose been mostly overlooked by the fandom, is given a backstory here.

1)Title:

2) Description:

The Great Crystal War has raged for a year now. In that time, it has already claimed immeasurable lives, reduced parts of Equestria to ruin, and brought nothing but misery to everyone. In the middle of this conflict, two best friends are reunited under the worst possible circumstances.

This is their story of Survival, Sacrifice, and Friendship.

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story:

The goal of this story was to write a survival and friendship story involving Dash and Gilda in a timeline that is more or less canon at this point (that being the Crystal War timeline). It was also an attempt at giving an older story (posted in 2012 and then taken down) another shot at life, using all the things I've learned up to this point. It isn't just a mere clean-up job either, but a full-on remake.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool:

I didn't set out to write this story in order ship Dash and Gilda, I didn't set out to build the world more than it already exists, and I didn't set out to make another dark war story despite the setting being one of war.

This story takes its inspirations from old war movies from the 40s and 50s, where the heroes were brothers, the feelings devoid of nihilism, and the war presented as a microcosm of the grander events unfolding. In many ways, it is very pulpy in nature and is meant to be optimistic, rather than pessimistic.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Duelists of the Autumn Crown (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/341014/duelists-of-the-autumn-crown)

Twilight crosses the mirror portal to pursue Sunset Shimmer after the theft of the Element of Magic. She finds herself in a world of odd two-legged creatures, and for some reason they're all obsessed with a card game called "Duel Monsters." Twilight soon learns that the only way to get her crown back is to win it in the school's semi-annual duel tournament, of which Sunset has been the reigning champion three rounds running. The tournaments have divided the school, and split up a group of five friends similar to Twilight's friends in Equestria.

Twilight now faces her biggest adventure yet. She must master Duel Monsters, reconcile these other versions of her friends, and defeat Sunset to win the Autumn Crown. And she has only three days to pull it off. It's time to duel!

What you aimed to achieve with this story: Essentially, a Yu-Gi-Oh! flavor retelling of the first Equestria Girls film, with some tweaks to have things make more sense, as it were. And of course, lots of cool duels.

What makes it unique/special/cool: Well for the crossover aspects, I think the duels are a lot of fun and only Twilight and Sunset have OC cards, so players can have fun recognizing archetypes like the Gem-Knights, Fluffals, Crystal Beasts, etc. Also, to direct attention to the more subtle foreshadowing going on, if you're familiar with Yugioh and what Duel Monsters is capable of in the hands of someone with magic, you can take a guess as to what Sunset Shimmer's plan is in this continuity and perhaps agree with me that this makes more sense than her canon plan.

Beyond the crossover elements, I wanted to streamline the inescapable plot elements of EqG and make them work better. Flash is not merely a love interest for Twilight, he's given a backstory and some badass moments to be interesting in his own right. The Humane Five weren't driven apart by a handful of texts and emails, they were driven apart by the bitterness of competition and that comes into play with a subplot linking them to the CMC. Twilight is also more intelligent and proactive and Sunset is likewise more directly antagonistic in trying to get her out of the way.

The fic is not merely a vehicle for "watch the humanized ponies play card games," there's actual plot stuff going on too.

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

Sos, I suppose I should try to get another one of my scribbles in here..

Power Struggle

This story is following up on an idea when I was writing a NSFW fic that got a lot of fervor; much more than I had anticipated. It is seven years after the End of season six. Ember is now the ruler of the Dragon Lands but nothing is going the way that she had hoped. She has no strong government in place, bands of raiders are ravaging every corner of the continent, and the people are poor, basically fighting for next to nothing. Desperate she calls on the Mane Six for assistance in helping her build a better kingdom.

What was my goal with this story? Really... I didn't have any goal at first. I wanted to write something between Spike and Ember but I didn't want it to just be "Hey, u want sum fuk?" so I wrote off the top of my head about a political struggle that's been plaguing her kindgom since her father, Torch passed on his title. Now that I have established where I want this story to go I feel as if it has earned a place to be scrutinized and judged accordingly.

How does my story stand out? I belive it stands out on the basis of the hopelessness that is instilled at the end of the first chapter. These ponies hail from a peaceful land where just about everyone get's along in this safe sheltered utopian society. Then they are thrust into a much harsher setting full to the brim with folk who would essentially rip a pony to shreds if provoked (there is a gore and Dark tag in place). In short I believe my story is unique because of the anarchist state of the dragon lands.

There is my pitch and I hope that one of you fine nitpick- I mean reviewers :twilightsheepish: Can take a look at it

~Free Shavacado (Formerly Man on the Moon)

1) Title:
A Pop Star, a Princess, and a Prisoner

2) Description:

A once well respected resident of Ponyville, who had been sent to prison for a crime he did not commit, has been released. But being as almost all of the townsfolk still believe he did it, and have angered-driven hatred towards him, helping this poor stallion to get back into society may be more difficult than the Main 6 had thought, even with the help of the very detective from Fillydelphia who cleared his name. Now all hope relies on Sapphire Shores, The Pony of Pop who makes a stop to Ponyville to visit a certain sick filly, and Princess Luna, the princess of the night who has watched this stallion's suffering for sometime to help fix everything. Will the pop star and princess save this poor prisoner? Read to find out in this drama like story.

Rated MA 15+
Contains: Adult themes, some violence, some graphic scenes and description of prison abuse, torture, and rape that may disturb or upset some people.

I tried to achieve in making a very good, gripping, dark, and exciting story with a powerful message, and a positive ending for the most part inspired by drama TV shows like Home and Away, and A Country Practice. I did to try and show my possible worth as a writer and storyteller. I worked on this story round the clock, and in the end, it was the longest story I have ever written, but it's the story I am the most proud of, for I had put my heart and soul into it.

It has realism, and it sends a powerful message and awareness of countless innocent people being thrown in prison for crimes they did not commit. It also has a lot of heart and soul, and has lessons about trust, loyally, and friendship, as well as lessons about letting ones past experiences and paranoia influence their feelings, instead of going by example, jumping to conclusions before knowing the truth, and about giving someone a chance. It is worth a read, and I personally believe it deserves a lot more attention. But like with any fan fiction written, whether or not it's worthy is entirely up to anyone who reads it.

1) Title:
Princess Celestia's Private Library

2) Description:
Princess Celestia has inspired many writers, artists and poets over her centuries as both ruler and Princess of the Sun. Now she invites one pony to do a special task for her.

To explore the subject of pornography in a story that is not itself pornographic. To set aside preconceptions about the morality of pornography and look at the reasons somebody might create it, the boundary between pornography and literature, and how the subject of the work may feel about it.

Original poetry in multiple formats from different eras (including a few lines of authentic Old English poetry); some lovable OCs; and a surprisingly touching take on Celestia.

Also, multilingual horse puns.

1) Title:

Before the Storm: The Rise of Firefly

2) Description:

Three hundred years after Luna's banishment, Equestria is at a shaky peace, its borders protected by the Equestrian Armed Forces from several hostile races, from raiding Diamond Dogs to the increasingly aggressive Gryphons. Incidents are many, and tensions rise as the newly unified Gryphon Empire sets its sights on the lands and riches of its pony neighbors.

In this troubled time, a young pegasus orphan named Firefly comes of age. A born warrior, her name will one day be known as not just the founder of the Wonderbolts, but as one of Equestria's greatest heroes...

Write a war epic that belonged with the very best on site telling the untold story of the founding of the Wonderbolts, including their role in the bloodiest war in Equestrian history.

It's an extremely well-written first-person war epic told via shifting perspectives, events seen through the eyes of both friend and foe. Offers superb character development and worldbuilding, very well-thought out battles and battle tactics, even includes annotated maps and bonus material like Equestrian military awards or Gryphon order of battle in places. Best of all, the characters evolve and grow--Firefly is no Mary Sue and doesn't start out as the great warrior she becomes; she suffers defeats and setbacks constantly but simply gets better and better for them over time.

Also received a "Must Read" rating from the Pleasant Commentator and Review Group.

1) Title: A World Rent Asunder

2) Description: The Elements of Harmony were annihilated in the final confrontation against Discord. Without them, there was only a matter of time until things fell apart. In a world without Harmony, the Solar Dominion is locked in an endless confrontation against the Lunar Sovereignty. Neither faction has a distinct advantage. The entire race of ponies is quite literally tearing itself apart.

Enter Twilight Sparkle, a uniquely gifted battlemage under the tutelage of Princess Celestia. Sent on a clandestine mission into Lunar lands, she must keep her identity secret at all costs as she recovers a mysterious relic that will tip the balance of the war. She isn't the only one with their own agenda in these treacherous lands, however, and with nopony to watch her back, she's going to have to do it herself.

3) Aim: I set out to write a story where the nerdy, optimistic Twilight was instead a sarcastic, battle-hardened cynic bored of the world, and to frame it within an interesting, living world. I wanted to make the readers care about the characters, and to look forward to seeing what the twisted alternate-universe form of the next character would be.

4) Unique/Cool/Special: The strongest points of this story are the atmosphere--as in, the descriptions--the worldbuilding, and far and away, the narrative voice of AU Twilight Sparkle. I've accomplished my goal of making her as cynical and sardonic as possible. To the same extent, all of the characterization is quite good, and every major character has an interesting, fleshed-out background, or one in the making to be revealed at a later date. I've put a great deal of effort into crafting this as an epic story, and so far, it's doing quite well.

5) Tags: Adventure, Dark, Alternate Universe

ERise of the Apple Princess
Waking from a nightmare with no memory of what happened, Apple Bloom is shocked. She has become an Alicorn! To find what has befallen her, she seeks advice of Princess Celestia. But the royal sisters have vanished, unfurling a real nightmare!
Astral Phoenix · 19k words  ·  118  5 · 6.3k views

1) Title: Rise of the Apple Princess

2) Description: Waking from a nightmare with no memory of what happened, Apple Bloom is shock. She has become an Alicorn! In order to find what has befallen her, she seeks advice of Princess Celestia. But the royal sisters have vanished, unfurling a real nightmare! !

3) What you aimed to achieve with this story: I'm hoping for this to be an enjoyable story that everyone will come back to.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: The big question for my fanfic is, how does a filly suddenly become an alicorn? The answer lies within the story!

1) Title: The Symphony of Canterlot

[Adult story embed hidden]

2) Description: All these decades poking through the dark alleyways of the underworld and dealing with the dead. I have never really felt that I was over my depth -- call it arrogance if you wish, I'm pretty sure that I'm just making a bad comparison anyway. -- Few cases tend to shape you as much as your worse case. It's never the easiest, It's never the longest. It's always the one that reveals a lair of the world you always felt was the realm of paranoid windbags and moody horror writers. I knew of certain aspects of magic, I just never seen it done at such a close proximity to home. I'll warn you once. This will make you reevaluate what you know or what you think you know. You can back off now, I'll tell ya it's not for everypony...

3) What you aim to achieve with this story: Here lies the start of the end of the world. And the introduction to Equestria's most infamous unsung hero.

Dr. Arcanum Folklore- The Ghost of Urrasan

4) What Makes it Cool?: It is a story made with a very specific Neo-Noir style, and it aims to be pulpy and strange. Diving into both the philosophical and psychological at times. It is a smart story, that on occasion does do some dumb things, because they are fun. In all this story is basically an idea that incorporates Wolfenstein style violence, Lovecraftian Horror, and Dostoevsky Existentialism with the added spice of some seriously black humor. Wrapped in a 1930's-esq setting with a few anachronisms here and there. Just for fun.

In the end this is meant to deconstruct everything about the MLP Fanon while still keeping Celestia and Luna Good.

Many would say that the setting would be either 1984 or Berserk without them.

EMy Wings Will Keep You Safe
A little filly lays terrified in a library through a raging storm with only an Alicorn princess to comfort her.
Astral Phoenix · 9.7k words  ·  274  10 · 17k views

Title: My Wings Will Keep You Safe

Description: After having fallen asleep Apple Bloom finds herself at the Golden Oaks Library during a thunderous storm. As the storm grows worse Apple Bloom begins to gets more terrified by the minute. Twilight does her best to comfort the poor filly but with the storm carrying on all the way till the morning can the alicorn princess help the little filly overcome her fears and get her through this long dreadful night?

What you aimed to achieve with this story: To show just how special Twilight & Apple Bloom are together.

What makes it unique/special/cool: It shows how well Twilight is as a mother figure whether it's Apple Bloom, Spike or anypony. I also added a song to the story which is something that I never actually done but it was something that I wanted to include to the story and I think it fits in pretty well.

1) Title:
Now Tell Me, What Does This Look Like to You?
[optionally nsfw]

2) Description:
This was it, it was Anon's last day that he was allowed to live with Twilight rent-free. She had gotten sick of him lounging about the library eating all the food and complaining.

He had already tried to move in with the other girls of the mane six, but he quickly decided not to when he remembered all of their own quirks.

Finally giving in Anon decides to get a job, he becomes the Ponyville therapist.

I'm trying to make an AiE fic where Anon is less of a god-like self-insert and more of a contributing member of Equestria, more specifically Ponyville. The reason I put [optionally nsfw] is because any nsfw parts (more specifically clop) can be skipped over without breaking the flow of the story.

As far as I know it's the only story of its kind, albeit I didn't do a lot of digging through: 'HiE therapist stories'. It really is a fun read where there's realistic interaction between characters and an actual 'human' human, creating a relatable character out of Anon that isn't this god of a man.

1) Title: Neil

2) Description: Neil was a High school student with a natural passion in stone age history, namely that of cavemen and their escapades. Despite his interest in early man's history, Neil lived an unexceptional life. He spent his days in his personal research, or hanging out with his best and only friend, Trisha. He was a single child with no practical modern interests, or even the ambition to find one. Neil lived this way contentedly, for the most part; until, a girl named Helen arrived in town and enrolled in his school. Now, he's stranded in the middle of a hostile forest, with only his school gear and knowledge of the stone age to survive. But, he soon realizes there are worse than lions, tigers, and bears to battle in these strange woodlands: sinister vegetation, mythological beasts, broods of ravenous insects of unnatural size, and an unusually sapient locality of equines that don't consider his presence a blessing. Neil has to overcome these obstacles, or perish trying.

3) Purpose: Neil is a philosophical and metaphysical thriller/survival story, about a 17 year old boy who is stranded in the Everfree forest. Fortunately, he is a buff on the stone age and can survive using his knowledge of primitive man. Since it is philosophical and metaphysical, this story takes on some deep topics, like what is wisdom, knowledge, friendship, or the purpose of life, etc? Above all, the goal of Neil is to show how its main character grows from a boy to a man, and how Equestrian society played a pivotal role in his evolution into maturity.

There is much I omitted as to keep this short. I didn't wish to drone on into a dissertation. I hope some of the essentials above will suffice to pique, at least, a basic interest. :derpytongue2:

4) Uniqueness: Consequently, due to its purpose, this story must touch upon the human condition at the individual level to describe how Neil matures as a human being. This involves, naturally, Neil overcoming his weaknesses and turning them into strengths. Instead of the main characters dealing with his flaws, he learns how to transmute them into virtues. The unique part is, he does this in way that is relatable and natural. I don't wish to give up too much; I think this taste should prove its uniqueness; as, I find such a character is rare in literature nowadays.

Valete (Latin for Be Well).

BikerPon3
Group Admin

Heh... I finally have a story good enough to actually submit here...

1) Title: Starlight Glimmer Really Wants to be Your Friend
(Can't link. Tagged M. Not hard to find though eh...)

2) Description:

Starlight Glimmer invites you, a human, to dinner at Princess Twilight’s castle. She gets a little, let’s say…carried awaywith making you her friend.

Eh, I guess it's a silly take on an episode. You take a human, an overly eccentric GlimGlam, and throw them both into an social situation neither of them really has the people skills to deal with. Then you add vodka. Oh, and smut. (Don't worry, Hap. There's none in the first chapter, and I haven't even written the second yet)

That's a tough one. HiE's are a dime a dozen on this site, so I barely have a leg to stand on. It's even harder to find pony pr0n that doesn't make you want to tear your eyes and feed them to your dog. I will say this though: I used second person present tense to try and immerse the reader further into the fic, given the lack of, ahem... "plot". I wouldn't, however, consider this just a pr0nfic. The first chapter focuses on the dinner that Starlight never actually had in the episode No Second Prances. She brings "you" along with her.

1) Title: The Story of a Forgotten Prince

2) Description: Once upon a time, there lived a Prince who called himself a noble, and he did so with pride. He was at the height of his positions, the top Unicorn in the prestigious Canterlot University, a high ranking officer in the Royal guard, and betrothed to a mare he'd love to spend his life with. For why would he not be proud? After all, he was a descendant of the Equestrian Queen herself, and practically raised by her.

However, rumors and evidence begins to mount around his beloved Queen not quite being the radiant example he believes she is, and the Prince's pride is shaken. How far can one fall, when one sits at the top?

3) I wanted to write something that could make people empathize with the feeling of having your pride broken. What it means to fall from a lofty ego and see yourself for what you are.

4) In this story, I gave Blueblood a believable character beyond what we knew from the show and tried to expand on him as if he were a right and proper noble in a world filled with aristocrats. You won't see a cover like this anywhere else since I drew it myself, and I was rather pleased with how it came out.

1) Hmm... I'm dead. (M)

2)Everyone had different opinions of me. For example: some thought that I died twice and some thought I was never alive. The rest wanted to kill me.
Not like it matters. Not at the moment.
It always makes me crack up. My existence up to this point I mean.
The journey started so mundane. I went with a... I don't know what to call her. Anyway, I went to a gaming convention with her. Met a merchant, bought some stuff and was ready to get transported to Equestria, or at least another dimension. I was bored, bored of humanity.
So predictable at times it's not even funny. So it was with high hopes and dreams I awaited the trip.
If there is one thing I learned: it's that you should never hope and dream.
I was about to get teleported by the infamous displacer, when it didn't go according to plan...
For anyone.

3) This story... is a transcribing of a 'diary' from another world. It happened. And a lesson will be learnt.

4) ...Bloody hell, I dunno. Maybe because you have already read every other story on the site and this is the last one left? I can't really say with certainty, because I don't know you personally, so there's a conundrum... yeah. Oh! Also, no crossovers, so that's a plus. And no... I don't technically consider it a displaced story, despite a character being sent across dimensions. (for more information, look into the comments on the story... or just ask me, either or)

1) Title: Lateral Movement

2) Description: Recently returned from the world of Everglow, Lex Legis, a brusque but brilliant unicorn, has finally achieved his dream...after a fashion. Convinced that he can govern Equestria better than the alicorn princesses, he and his new girlfriend, Sonata Dusk, have negotiated for rulership of the distant city of Vanhoover, devastated in the wake of the elemental chaos that has rocked Equestria.

But Vanhoover's problems go far beyond simple disaster-relief, and the pair soon come to learn that maintaining their dreams might be even more difficult – and more dangerous – than achieving them ever was.

3) What I aimed to achieve with this story: My overall objective for this story is for it to be an epic saga of adventure, romance, and drama as the characters carve out their place in the world.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: By utilizing a Dungeons & Dragons-based framework for the magic and monsters in this story, Lateral Movement has a high degree of internal logic and self-consistency, operating under a set of rules for "how" things work that makes its fantastic elements feel more fully realized. This is presented entirely from an in-character standpoint, so you don't need to know or play D&D to understand what's going on here.

Title: The Amulet of Shades
Description: This is a fic that launches 1000 years ago, when Luna gives birth to a daughter. It is 200 years after she and Celestia had sworn to only take lovers, but never bear progeny due to the bad stuff that tended to happen when many of these ponies... well, I'll just quote from the story opening:

It was during that same time period, in the first 300 years of their reign, that they also fell in love with various mortal ponies to explore the roles of marriage and parenthood with various counterparts, several times raising offspring in the process. The ponies they gave birth to were never born to alicorn status; but, they did possess rather strong magic and physical gifts due to their unique heritage.

Unfortunately, as it is often seen with those born into power and privilege, some of their offspring abused their station and authority. While others served as dependable assets for the kingdom, too many ruled in their jurisdictions with attitudes ranging from apathetic, to hedonistic, to despotic tyranny.

The Protag soon-to-turn Antagonist believes Luna had never turned into NMM (as no-one was left alive who was there at the event and battle except Celestia) and herself makes an attempt on Celestia, only to be exiled. Something... happens... and she returns to modern day Equestria with an ace up her sleeve.
The story is the creation of my 15 yr old daughter, and I believe I have made it quite good. Plot, character, grammar, etc. There is also excellent story art embedded in the pages (also from my daughter) as you can check on chapter two, and more coming.

I think it is worth reading because there aren't enough epic adventures that are well done and worth reading... I hope this one grows up and becomes one! And for those worried about the main being a Mary Sue... nope, ain't gonna happen. Twilight will have her work cut out for her, though. And don't forget about Discord.

Muggonny
Group Contributor

(1) Title: Life of Twi

(2) Description:

Twi, a filly, an explorer, a leader, a warrior, a queen, a pirate captain, and a corporate lawyer. She's talented when it comes to magic, is book smart, and has defeated fear. Life for Twi is simple, and that's the way she likes it.

Or so that's what she thinks.

She much prefers reading a book than spending time with friends. She loves to play games with children, but much prefers making up the rules herself. Now she's almost ten years old, and soon she'll be ready to walk down the neverending line of progression.

But against her will, of course.

(3) What I aim to achieve with this story: It has been over three years since I've written anything of some significance. Now that I'm back into the writing game, I hope to consider this a "return to form", but with a newfound confidence and a notable spike in quality in my writing. I hope for this to be my best story to date until I find a way to write something better.

(4) What makes it unique/special/cool: If you've read any other filly Twilight fic, you'll find that they're an endless sort of fun, most focusing on a child's imagination or an important part in childhood that everyone must eventually learn about. What makes Life of Twi different from the rest, is how it combines all of these elements while telling an endearing story with a much darker atmosphere and humorous tone.

Life of Twi took nearly three years to plan for and an entire month to write just the first chapter. It would be a relief to see what someone in this group has to say about it because not very many people seem interested in clicking on it. Of course, that's probably because of the 15,000 word chapter, but that shouldn't deteriorate from the quality. The fic went through several editing procedures before publishing, so catching an error may be rare.

Give it a shot and lemme know what you think. Again, it would be very relieving to know what someone thinks of the story, as everyone who has read it didn't bother to post a comment telling me what they think.

Comment posted by Freglz deleted May 30th, 2018

Title: The World Turned Upside Down

Description:

I didn’t sign up for this.

I don’t care if it’s a clichéd line that’s been used a million times over; I literally didn’t sign up for this.

But what I want doesn’t matter anymore.  What matters is the slight possibility that someone, somewhere, might be able to help me get back home.

Right now, that means submitting myself to the whims of a pink pony princess, who I’m sure has a habit of finding out what she doesn’t know, and an orange pegasus, who hates herself for rescuing me.

…I can’t believe how comfortable I am thinking that…

What I aim to achieve with this story:
I aim to successfully tell a gripping adventure-drama with distinct and memorable characters, each with their strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, personal beliefs and insecurities.

What makes it unique/special/cool:
There are several reasons why I feel this story is unique.

• Firstly, the events in this narrative take place in an as-yet undisclosed time after the show, where Flurry Heart is the ruler of all Equestria. The events that lead up to this point - and world-building in general - are handled intelligently and with care. I avoid exposition dumps, but give enough information to leave the reader satisfied.
  • Secondly, the plot has been meticulously planned out in terms of character development (although it must be noted, at the time of posting this, only Act 1 has been written and published). I know who will be introduced, when and where, what they offer the group, where they will falter and fail, and where they will improve, or take steps towards improvement.
  • Thirdly, the narrative does not hinge solely on the narrator. Yes, Adam is the main character, and the plot is ultimately driven by his decisions, but he can only do so much. Beyond the first act, he'll have to rely on others more and more, and keep them from breaking apart and turning on each other. That will take a toll on the group as well as him - so much that everyone's moral compass may begin to shift.
  • Fourthly, the co-lead, Amber Dart, is the true focus in terms of growth. She starts off as blunt, rude, snide, and generally unpleasant, but, in time, and with the gentle influence of Adam and Flurry Heart, she begins to realise that doing the bare minimum isn't enough to be a good person. The reason why she isn't the narrator is, although she has the most growing to do, Adam has the most to learn about this new Equestria, and the audience can relate.
  • Fifthly, this is written in a way that should appeal to fans and non-fans alike. Part of the reason why I wrote this as a Human in Equestria story is so that the many 'ponyisms' are as bizarre to the narrator as they are to non-fans, hopefully easing them into the world of MLP without creating too much of a disconnect.
  • Sixthly, this story will deal with and address mature themes while keeping to an E rating. Although this may sound contradictory at first, please realise that I mean 'mature' in a literary sense, not a rating. Topics such as loss and loneliness, regret and remorse, depression and death will be covered, but never in a truly overbearing manner, going so far as to avoid certain words altogether. That being said, these topics are not the sole focus of the story, and make up only a tiny fraction of everything the characters discuss.
  • Seventhly, as much as it may seem to be a drama, this is still an adventure, taking the reader to places that haven't been (to the best of my knowledge) explored by the show. A lot has changed in Equestria since Flurry came to the throne, and I'm sure the reader will be as excited as I am to explore these places, and perhaps beyond; building, adding and speculating on the preexisting lore.
  • Eighthly, there is a lot of attention paid to character interactions, prose and nuance. Sentence structure has been crafted to flow well, dialogue has its own quirks depending on who it's coming from, and there are details that even an avid reader may miss that, I believe, contribute to a more enjoyable, more holistic story.
  • Ninthly, in case I haven't made it clear by the seven preceding points, I am very passionate about this project, and I thankfully found myself an editor who is just as enthusiastic. It's not because we see ourselves in the story, either as it stands or where it will eventually take the reader - although that is part of the reason, admittedly - but because we see so much potential, and I'm confident that I have the willpower and the skill to see it through.
  • Finally... although I'm not sure this counts, considering your policy of disregarding popularity... my story has been granted a place in The Good HiE List, despite not meeting the required 100 likes to even submit a story. I must admit that I asked for an exception so that I could be considered, but it was by Mr Stargazer's own volition that The World Turned Upside Down was immediately added to the list.

I hope these are reasons enough for you to consider reading my story, and that I didn't come across as too assertive.

Title: "Dash to the Stars"

Description: Rainbow Dash watches her friends get abducted by aliens, and embarks on an interstellar quest to bring them back safe and sound. Lucky for her, a somewhat unstable pony has managed to get a ride off planet, and Rainbow gets to hitch a ride.

Objective: To create an old school science-fantasy story with interstellar travel and a space-quest starring a pony. IE, A balance between cheese, coolness, and fun.

What makes it unique/special/cool: I haven't seen very many planet hopping science fantasy stories where only one or two ponies are out exploring the universe. Usually its a whole crew of ponies, limiting what aliens the audience might get to know, or the ponies only explore one other world, ruining the very point of fast space travel (to explore a fictional Galaxy).

I thought it would be cool to build a sci-fi world with a built in mystery, and put ponies at the center of it. More importantly, ponies have no idea of their own importance to the galactic community. Furthermore, I wanted to do something interesting with the idea of precursors by having humans be the precursors for a change. Especially since their absence makes readers a bit more invested in said precursors.

If you've wanted to see ponies interacting with aliens, a long quest that gets more and more complicated over time, the damsels in distress not just complying with their "narrative roll", and what I believe might be a unique take on Rainbow's characterization, I'd give this a read. (Also I'd really like to see someone give it a proper review, so you'd be helping a girl's sense of selfworth.)

TDash to the Stars
When Dash's friends are abducted by aliens, she vows to go to the ends of the universe to get them back. Lucky for her, a new friend got her a ride...
Meep the Changeling · 189k words  ·  142  7 · 2.4k views

1. Title: The Chosen One - Episode I: Heritage

2. Description:
Human... A mythological creature that has been considered a myth for many generations. Humans was considered an extremely aggressive and dangerous creature that killed for pleasure , but no one really knew that they are really existed and what they really were, no one... In addition to Celestia, soon everyone was to be convinced that the old myths and legends were true, although not everything is true.

A Human appeared near Ponyville... It is not known from where, he just appeared there... Colin, because that's his name, he lay on the grass... Wounded, no one knows what happened to him, and no one knows what it meant, but soon... Equestria will learn the truth about humans, where they came from and that they were not, who they thought they were.

3. What you aimed to achieve with this story:
If I'm honest, I like to write what I want to achieve? Well ... Once I did not care about popularity, I wrote it actually for hobby reasons, but when I noticed that many people like it, I decided to publish it much further, I really like writing, I just do what I love :)

4. What makes it unique/special/cool:
Welp, I've been working on this story for over 2 years, until finally I decided to write it, I planned over 5 episodes and what is important, the storyline is being developed all the time.

I hope you like it, thanks in advance :twilightsmile:

A Vampire in Equestria

[Adult story embed hidden]

Short summary, Alucard from hellsing is on Equestria.

I'm not sure how active you guys still are, but I realize that I forgot to ever submit this, so here it is...

1) Title: Displaced Into Nothing

TDisplaced into Nothing
While studying an alien spellform, Twilight makes the most important discovery of all time... The one which could doom her planet. | Horror Rationalfic with Lovecraftian & World of Darkness elements. Deconstruction / Subversion of Displaced.
Rockstar_Raccoon · 91k words  ·  1,076  77 · 17k views

2) Description

[Rationalfic Deconstruction / Subversion of Displaced]
You’ve read the stories of people from Earth being “Displaced”: Their bodies are changed, their minds are warped, and they’re thrown across the multiverse, to whatever world and timeline their supernal "Displacers" decide upon. Well, this story isn’t one of them...

...because when they tried to remake me, I didn’t let them.

A Rationalist Horror story, in which an Occultist from some version of Earth (implied to be the World of Darkness) undermines her own Displacement and ends up as a Self-Modifying Construct. Scientific Inquiry, Philosophical Debate, Rational Discussion, Body Horror, and Existential Hijinks ensue. Themes, Concepts, and Style inspired by HP Lovecraft, Elizer Yudkowsky, Gordon R Dickson, Edgar Allen Poe, Modern Prometheus (Frankenstein), Dresden Codak, World of Darkness, and Friendship is Optimal.

I often find Displaced fics to be more often Miss than Hit with me. Often, they're generic, poorly written, or just do not do anything worth reading with the concept.  This is an experiment to try out a few other concepts which aren’t used often, even by me, including some which directly subvert Displaced as a genre, and maybe even provide other authors with some inspiration and/or advice.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: this story is basically a grab bag of unusual tropes nailed furiously into the oft-lambasted subgenre of "Displaced" fics. It's been described as one of the most ambitious and thought-provoking "Human in Equestria" stories on the site. The main character dies at the beginning, Twilight Sparkle desperately attempts to study her ghost, and Princess Luna does the math on the amount of raw energy it would take to actually cross between universes, leading to a situation which is closer to Call of Cthulhu than the average "teenager gets turned into a superhero and has fun hijinks in Equestria" story. It's hard for me to really describe it beyond that, you just need to pick it up and read it for yourself to understand why it really is worth a read...

Title: A series of unfortunate events that leads to another redeemed villain, yay!

Description: But if you want the long description, here it is: The Storm King has been given a second chance by attending a Redemption Class in Twilight's School of Friendship (with that particular class being taught by Discord because he would not stop bugging everyone about it). Of course, redeeming him isn't going to be that easy but, as you can tell by the title, he will come around (especially when there is a worse threat at stake).

In spite of the name, no, there is no Jim Carrey or Neil Patrick Harris to be found here so prepare to be disappointed if you were hoping for that. The only reason I named this fanfic like that is because it sets up the satyr-ical (get it, because The Storm King looks a little bit like a satyr) tone of the fanfic.

PS: The "Yay!" in the title is sarcastic.

What you aimed to achieve with this story: Since I found the amount of villains canonically turning over a new leaf to be ridiculous, I thought I might write a little story that pokes fun of that trend. I also added a few references to movies with Jim Carrey in them and one How I Met Your Mother reference in the fic in order to live up to the fact that it has "A series of unfortunate events" in the title (although ironically, my informal writing style can be in of itself considered a reference to the books that the film and Netflix TV show was based on).

What makes it unique/special/cool: Well, for starters, it has a very informal writing style that could bring Lemony Snicket to mind (maybe), most of the characters are in-character, and I consider it relevant (you know, unless Hasbro takes a hint and stops redeeming the villains, although worse case scenario could be they would replace the "redeeming villains" thing with the "Surprise! Supporting character that you would never guess was the bad guy turns out to be the bad guy!" thing Disney has been doing as of recently).

1) Title:

Reflections of Nightmares (Since the title is tagged as mature, I'll provide a link to my user account over to all of my stories)
Cold Spike Stories

2) Description:

Scootaloo lives the perfect life. She has kind and caring parents, three best friends and a lovely home. She lives in the magical land of Equestria where four kind princesses rule over all of their subjects using the power of friendship and the magic of kindness. She couldn't ask for a better life, except for maybe the ability to fly, but she's young and has a full life ahead of her.

Scootaloo lives an endless nightmare of pain and suffering. She's forced to fight a losing war as a child soldier against Nightmare Moon and her seemingly endless supply of brainwashed soldiers, ready to throw down their lives to protect their false dark queen. Princess Celestia is nowhere to be found and their entire world is plunging ever further into darkness.

3) What I aimed to achieve with this story: To keep the reader not only on the edge of their seat but to always be guessing what's coming next when it comes to Phoenix's history. The main character is dishonest, angsty, traumatized and feels like they don't belong. I want the reader to see that and feel like it's earned.

4) What makes it unique/special/cool: This story is largely a "Scoot-a-Orphan" which aims to be as uniquely told as possible. There's no clichéd orphanage or "random" reasoning for her being on her own. Not only that, but it also delves into a more "canon" version of the show and acknowledges a more realistic take on how Scootaloo lives her day to day life. So, in a sense, it does both given how there are two versions of Scootaloo featured in this tale.

Perfectly Insane

I am not exactly sure how this works. I get the format I'm supposed to send my stuff for my story in so it might be accepted, but I'm not sure where to send that to. Do I directly send it to one of the story approvers? Or is there somewhere else I send it to?

Title: Friendship Is Magic: Extended Cut

Description: Twilight Sparkle didn’t care about overseeing the Summer Sun Celebration in some podunk little town. She just wanted a chance to study the history of the Lunar Rebellions and maybe, just maybe, convince Celestia that her sister’s return was a real possibility. Now it’s a lot more than just a possibility, and one Canterlot egghead isn’t going to be able to take on Nightmare Moon and her army alone.

(Season 1, Episodes 1 and 2 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic rewritten and expanded as a mature fantasy adventure in the style of iisaw or CVBrony.)

What I aimed to achieve with this story: As the description says, this is intended to be a version of the canonical first and second episodes of MLP expanded on beyond what the 22-minute, TV-Y episode format allows. While some particularly important dialogue and scenes have been retained with minimal alteration from the show, the vast majority of the episodes have been reworked to accommodate additional information on the world and history of Equestria, a greater focus on Luna and her rebellion, and more slow-burn interactions between the Mane Six. The first half of the story (Corresponding to Episode 1) is mostly focused on mystery and exploration of a light "weird fiction" flavor with some humor; it is intended to get darker and become more of a fantasy adventure as it moves into Episode 2. I plan to continue the world with 'expanded' versions of other episodes later on, with the same basic objective of fleshing out and "adulting up" canonical events. I see my ultimate objective as taking canonical material in a more specialized direction to appeal specifically to a more mature audience interested in military fiction and fantasy instead of being a 'crossover' hit that is still constrained by episode length, a TV-Y rating, and corporate oversight; to recapture the feeling of watching MLP for the first time by creating something simultaneously fresh and familiar.

What makes it unique/special/cool: The standard 'pattern' for AU episode rewrites seems to be to 1) Focus on a specific 'gimmick' like substituting characters for others or r63, and 2) Hold, more or less, to the tone and pacing of canon, oftentimes repeating whole sections exactly as they were in the show. I think this is a retreat from or at the very least a failure to utilize the greatest strengths of AU fanfiction- the unlimited wordcount, the lack of content restrictions, and the ability to change things both arbitrarily and very precisely. It makes a lot of AU-episode 'fics very boring, because we have already seen the original episode and don't need large chunks of it recited back to us, especially when the central 'gimmick' doesn't actually change much of anything. Instead, I focused on developing a story that (I hope!) is interesting in its own right while still holding to the broadest strokes of what the original plot was: Twilight Sparkle is sent to Ponyville while investigating the return of Nightmare Moon, and meets five friends who help her redeem Princess Luna. The fact that that story gave me so many opportunities to flesh out Equestria's past and present in ways the show didn't or couldn't (and which other episode AUs don't seem to care about) is just a bonus.

Comment posted by BezierBallad deleted Dec 4th, 2021
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 156