The Stardust Series 257 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Does anyone here play multiplayer for either XCOM:EU or EW?
Been wanting to play it for a while, but never had the opportunity to (or the mettle to go into matchmaking).

4113933 Yeah, you got it on PS3?

PC, I'm rocking Long War currently.

I play it on XBOX360 if anybody is interes :ajsmug:

I never played the multiplayer before, but although i would want to try I don't think it will work for me right now. I tried my hands on "the long war" a few days ago and if I recall it correctly, the mod say's that the multiplayer feature is likely not to work after installing it.
So either I reinstall it complely or I just settle with the single player part ^^'

I have a seperate vanilla install that I can swap out whenever I finally get the chance to play MP. There's a command line code that someone posted on the xcom reddit that let's you swap between the two installs.

And once more class, we learn that PC Gamers are still the Master Race.

As for multiplayer, I tried it out a few times, but I didn't really care for it. Given enough points to actually make use of the good alien units, the humans will destroy them rather easily. Ghost Armor = Free Win Against Aliens. While the concept is neat, it would have been better if it was limited to base gear only, human vs human. More balanced IMO.

Ghost Armour?
Battle Scanners and Bioelectric Skin.

Aliens are worse than humans? Mutons with free grenades and extra throw range to boot. Oh look, my Thin Men have just gotten to an elevated position you weren't expecting to be in; by the way they also just poisoned you and made your aim crap. While all that is happening I've launched my Floaters into flanking positions and my Sectoid Commander just MC'ed your super soldier(or your heavy, which ever poses a bigger threat to me).
All of that for less than 10k points and extra points to boot. Might even add some sectoids to waste your overwatch shots.

I'm always looking for multiplayer partners too. My machine's not working right now, but I'll be back in the ring soon.

4115420 Ghost Armour beats ALIENS, not humans. Aliens don't get gene mods, and as of EU, which was when I tried the multiplayer last, they don't get Battle Scanners either. (And I'm fairly sure those don't reveal stealth) This allows humans to get perfect flanking positions without any effort, granting them battlefield control the aliens can't beat. (Firing from stealth gives 100% crit too)

I'll bet against that. Wanna multiplayer sometime in the next couple of days?

4115525 Cant. My rig took a dive after dealing with a former partner of mine, his revenge for 'betraying' him, leaving me with just the work laptop. It's not exactly a gaming device. Once I get things fixed, then we can see.

I try to play PC multiplayer but can never find anyone. I play EU

Comment posted by sev62fmj deleted Feb 27th, 2015

Im down for it. As far as I know, the Long War mod doesnt change any of the EU files, only the EW files. You busy in the near future?

4121360 well besides school not really. After 4:00 pm (central time) is usually when I'm on. Should we friend on steam?

I'll send a pm

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17