The Stardust Series 257 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

The second DLC is here and ready to wipe your entire squad. How do you feel about the changes to gameplay made by the Ruler aliens?
Personally, I'm glad there's only three of 'em.

Whatever you do, do *not* activate this DLC's story mission until you are at least using second-tier weapons. I think they placed it way too early in the campaign, even though Bradford comes along to pull your fat out of the fryer.The problem is not so much the difficulty of the mission, but what comes after it.

I like it. The bolt caster is a bit broken early game, so you don't have to stress to much. (I gave it extended mag, but i think that is because of mods)
In vanilla, I love it. It's meant as a challenge, and completely optional.

Arad
Group Admin

I admit. I cheezed the viper king SO BAD when he first showed up. He happened to go to cover in a corner for the best cover. Through a hilarious set of circumstances, the three sides that were NOT cover ended up being my blademaster ranger, Bradford, and my Trooper. Burned down twenty hit points with ONE soldier action because my Trooper took a pistol shot (hoping for a repeater kill), then when the Viper King tried to move to the portal to run, both Bradford and my Ranger whacked him. It was glorious.

Have not run into the new aliens yet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3