Applejack 537 members · 1,234 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Here's a story idea that centers around Applejack. Kind of obvious, I know.

It's titled "Surviving Equestria". It takes place at AJ's farm where she and her friends are just hanging out and relaxing. A little bit later, she gets a letter from Derpy. AJ reads the letter and finds out its more of an invitation of sorts. The letter states that she, along with 5 other earth ponies, have been selected to partake in a challenge.

What kind of challenge? Nothing much, just that she and this group have to travel through the harshest environments Equestria has to offer. From the ghastly gorge, through the fire swamps, into the Everfree forest, they might even have to make a detour through the Changeling kingdom. If they can survive all that and reach the finish line at Canterlot, then they all win a big prize. Feeling pretty confident, AJ accepts. She then takes the train to Manehattan where she and her new partners are going to meet.

When she gets there, she meets her new team which consists of a hot-headed stallion, a mischievous mare, an intelligent brother and sister duo, and a mysterious stallion who always wears welding goggles so that his eyes are never seen. After they all meet, a bright light engulfs them and drops them off in the middle of nowhere. After that, they hear a strange voice coming from the letters they got. The voice explains that he managed to track down the most skilled earth ponies and created this challenge to prove that earth ponies are just as capable of surviving and enduring any harsh obstacle as any unicorn or pegasus.

The voice points out that he picked the perfect candidates, the tough stallion, the trickster mare, the smart and friendly siblings, the mysterious misfit, and the pony who can always find a way to get things done right. He explains the rules and that Canterlot is the finish line and then shuts off. Thus begins a journey filled with adventure, traveling, emotional conflict, sabotage, and of course survival. All while trying to figure out who put together this crazy challenge. I know its not perfect, but I think this could be an interesting idea, since I haven't seen any adventure based fics centered around AJ lately.

What do you think? Thoughts? Any takers?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1