Them's Fightin' Herds 338 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

An interesting thought crossed my mind while reading the info on this upcoming game. It's been already confirmed that certain other animals are in fact just as sentient as ponies. What if Fœnum is just Equestria... Millions of years in the future?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

4734017 Interesting idea, but already the two worlds look distinct enough to make that doubtful. :) For one, Fœnum already has a long-established history between the Predators and the peaceful creatures; those Predators that we have seen look more natural than MLP's monster compendium of fantasy creatures. I'd also be willing to bet that Fœnum has a natural day/night cycle, unlike Equestria.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Meh, it's just a theory. Like I said, a lot can happen after a million years, maybe these are new/corrupt creature?

As for the day/night cycle, it's been stated Celestia and Luna weren't immortal but just had very long lifespans. Maybe when their time came they cast a spell to have the sun & moon move on their own...

...but again, this is all just a theory.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

If Foenum did turn out to be Equestria in any form, I think it's more likely to be past Equestria than anything; before the emergence of ponykind, when magic was simpler and more elemental.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Past? I thought future would work because the dominant species are far more diverse as opposed to it being mostly ponies.

Plus, cows and sheep are shown to be just as intelligent as ponies, and in the comics we actually see an all-deer kingdom. So the future aspect holds up more since it can be argued that more species started building their own diverse towns and cities.

I agree with our group founder here. The sentient beings of Equestria have much more control over their world than the sentient beings of Foenum. It would take years upon years of understanding magic to bring Foenum to Equestrian levels of controls.

4734099 Explain why the cows in Fœnum are sentient and not in MLP where they're dumb as bricks?

4734017 past makes more sense. If the sun and moon started as naturally rotating the planet then some great disaster can disrupt that. This would also explain exactly WHY cows and sheep are intelligent but have no society of their own, and also explain that the ancient unicorns evolved into the three pony tribes in order to not only survive the cataclysm but come out on top.

4735364 In one episode. Yes clearly that one cow in that one episode is all the proof we need. Fine if you wanna roll with the comics which isn't canon with the show at all then you can argue that or you can actually think that Daisy Jo was the first one to gain that level of intellect. Or how about this.... why are there no sheep that are smart enough to talk?

4735377 ...you're kidding right? You don't remember that one sheep talking after AJ herded them all into a pen? The said, and I quote "You could have just asked." Look it up if you don't believe me.

4735419 So once again we're all supposed to go off the fact that ONE said something then they're ALL meant to be intelligent?

4735422 by the logic you are using we are supposed to have thought that Gilda and Gustave were the only intelligent griffins before we saw Griffinstone. You are also doing the same thing as us just backwards. You are saying that because we have never seen any other intelligent members of their species that they are the only ones to achieve sentience, yet you can back that up with no more evidence than we can. So stop your belly aching and let people be creative. If you don't want them to be smart then fine go with that, but don't give the rest of us a hard time because we want them to be smart.

4735435 .... fine. I was just trying to defend a friend was all from people who were treating him like a two year old from what I'm seeing was all I was doing.

4735437 in that case I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. DarknessRising himself said that cows and sheep in Equestria are intelligent and ZeroChill was simply in agreement that Equestria made more sense as the future. You may have read it too fast and posted before doing a double check.

Also did I really just win an argument with logic? I thought logic was nonexistent in the internet.

4735364 Oh shit. Sirs I am sorry for the mass confusion I've caused.

4735489 No problem dude. Just something that happens all the time online, except that it usually blows out of proportion before it gets stopped.

4735493 Understandable.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18