Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Think of the contrast

Six good friends who have faced all sorts of evil together

Six total strangers who are actively fighting against eachother to fight evil

Pinkie is beloved by her towns and friends
Her counterpart (forgot her name) was sent by here home to get rid of her

Anymore you can think of?

Pinkie's counterpart is named Paprika (sp?), and yeah, there IS a great deal of potential for compare/contrast

Another contrast point, Oleander (Twilight's counterpart) doesn't have anywhere near as close and fond a relationship with HER mentor as Twilight does with Princess Celestia.

And in contrast to Applejack's parents, Arizona's are actually still alive (and we do not yet know if Arizona has any brothers and sisters like Applejack does).

Tianhuo (Rainbow's counterpart) basically has a polar opposite background (Rainbow made a habit of standing up to bullies even in her youth, Tianhuo WAS a bully in her youth but matured out of it).

Glanced but to be honest I only learned of this game today after seeing the trailer

Before today, last I heard was that Lauren joined the development after the cease and desist letter but from where I was at the fandom after that I never heard of anything related to the project so I assumed it was just cancelled

Well that's my fault for not realising game development actually takes time......... Unless your Scott cawthon

For me, I think it's Spike not having any moveset, let alone considered for the fighters' roster, when it was Fighting Is Magic just leaves us open to the possibilities of what kind of skills he'd learn as a fighter, or how he would survive in FÅ“num - given that by default, he's a predator.

We've already got six counterparts of the mane six (seven, if you count the goat, who is either a counterpart of Sunset Shimmer or Starlight Glimmer).

Actually, "Fred" IS kind of a HALF-counterpart to Spike (the other half is Discord, which makes his gushing over Pom [Fluttershy's counterpart] in a couple of intros all the more appropriate).

Plus, we don't know yet if the as-yet-unnamed goat character will be based on Sunset or Starlight. That's just a wild guess for the time being. Mind you, it's POSSIBLE, but it's not a DEFINITE.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6