Vinyl Scratch 1,694 members · 705 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Okay, I got this idea once I watched this video....

Basically Octavia drags Vinyl to a concert and they watch as these two cello players come out. It begins, normally, but soon it breaks out into that massive AC\DC Thunderstruck cello rendition . Both Vinyl and Octavia sit there awe struck. Vinyl is amazed at how they turned those normally stuffy instruments into something so amazing, and Octavia is still trying to wrap her head around how much skill they obviously have.

The problem is I have an idea of what I would like to do, but mainly it hung on them both saying, shortly after watching, a single phrase.

"I want to have their foals"

Just that moment of seeing 'rock gods' and being awestruck. Anyway... It was an idea, not exactly a great one, but something I may try to work with, or if anyone wants to take it, nurture it, and create something from it be my guest.

LF

Vexy
Group Admin

2Cellos.

Why can't I marry them? :applecry:

I didn't think of this at all when I first watched this, but I think it's a really neat idea. I say go for it!

2940320 sounds like a new and different idea, it needs to happen.
just that you need to follow it through.
would they have the foals, though?
2940351 now we need a thrid Chello-ist.

Hmm...interesting idea.

I don't have the time or the inclination to write it, but let me suggest some additional details, just to make it even more interesting:

It isn't a concert, but a street performance. And they're not ponies, but griffons. They're here in Canterlot trying to make their fortune, but so far they've been turned away by snooty unicorns at every turn. So here they are, outside the train station, with barely enough bits for a ticket out of town. Either they earn enough from their performance to stay here and try some more, or they get on that train, never to return.

Vinyl and Octavia get off of that train, coming from Ponyville, and hear the pair playing their classical music. Octavia donates and talks to the pair to learn their story, but Vinyl claims she's broke. They walk off to go shopping. Hours go by. They come back at sunset, and the pair are still there, still playing classical, and Octavia's donation is still the only bits they have made. As they are boarding the train to return to Ponyville, Vinyl playfully cries out, "Why don't you play some real music?!" So they do, and the performance is so awesome that it completely empties the train as everypony has to see for themselves. Octavia resists at first, calling it noise, but she is soon won over. And of course Octavia says her line about having their fledglings just as the music cuts off, so absolutely everypony can hear her. And Vinyl gives them a recording contract on the spot--hey, my version of Vinyl is famous enough to own her own record company. And everyffony lives happily ever after.

Now somebody take that, or take the original idea, and run with it!

They are amazing right?!

I decided to go ahead and go with it. I figured why not?

Damn! That's a fantastic idea!!! I already wrote the story, but someone needs to do that version! I would read the living hell out of it.

That said... here's the link to the story.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/171405/awe-and-thunderstruck

2942124 should be a ton of readers, plenty of followers of both Octavia and Scratch.
I hope the story will be available to read soon, so we can see how it comes out.
2942094 I guess that could be interesting too.
by the looks, unicorns don't like the beat of their clasicals?
or is it the fact they don't trust griffins?

I haven't gotten around for the griff's just yet. maybe I do, and then I'll just have to dside on the take first.
2940351 if you spot them first, maybe you could?

It's up. The story is ready to rock and roll. I actually got it approved last night, so we're good to go. And I agree that there are a lot of followers for Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. Maybe because they are both so much fun to write about.

2944555 That's great.
I guesss you're neither the first, nor the only to notice.
and yeah, they are pretty fun to play with.

I have a few stories with the two, even if they commonly reside in separate stories with me.

I'll have to check the stories out then. Like I said I love to read about them, and I loved writing about them. It was just funny how inspiration worked. Watching a video for a second and then realizing that this would be the perfect opportunity to see both of them react in a way that I'm sure neither of them would.

2944638 there should be a group for Octavia too.
aside from some group about their ship. or some more for either of both.

I do enjoy writing, and they popped right into some of the stories.

Ah yeah, Muses are fairly unpredictable.

I never know what the next story will be, it just slips into mind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10