Sombraverse 178 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Tue-moi
Group Admin

I thought this group needed a thread, and so here's two versions of In the Dark of the Night with King Sombra as the main dude in it, personally I really like the song in the second video, but prefer the visuals from Ink Potts, eh.

It'll be pretty nito if someone combined the song from the Rewrite with Ink Potts' animatic, eh. Although I could see Ink Potts' dramatic animatic getting a bit tarnished with the Rewrite being over the top. They're both pretty nito on their own, and it's vunderful that we have two different videos about Sombra being the star of one of my favourite dumb songs.

The first one is actually surprisingly close to Sombra's backstory in FIENDShip is Magic: Sombra. You'd just have to replace the Alicorn sisters with Princess Amore, and Twilight Sparkle with Radiant Hope. Of course, in the current Siege of the Crystal Empire comics, Radiant Hope switches sides and teams up with Sombra again. But still.

Personally, I absolutely love the story between Sombra and Radiant Hope. :twilightsmile:

Tue-moi
Group Admin

4907021 Now if only Sombra and Radiant were to appear in season 6...

Yeah, that would be awesome. The comics get way too little attention anyway. Some are goofy, and I don't think they should all be made canon for the show (for example, the Nightmare Rarity arc doesn't fit into Luna's character development in the show), but many of them have some very nice ideas that could be developed further. For example, I also want to see the Everfree Deer in the show. The story of the comic was a bit lame (mainly due to the fact that the minotaur antagonist turned out to be a complete idiot), but the Deer themselves are awesome. Blackthorn is my favorite.

4906970 Oh I seen both before, and I even have Ink Pott on my Favorite MLP Playlist. Anyway good point about threads I need to add more eventually

Tue-moi
Group Admin

4907049 Some of the comics are a little dumb, but they do seem to keep making Sombra pretty fucking nito, eh.

4907270 I too have Ink Potts on a playlist, eh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6