Printed Fiction Hardcopies 397 members · 710 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

As this is relevant to my interests (Fantasy Horse-Punk fiction!) and nopony else has left note as yet here, I'll do it. Alas, due to unfortunate events fed by the invasion of Ukraine, namely Visa and SWIFT cutting off transactions with Russia, our powerhouses of MLP fanfic publishing in Russia have to temporarily stop accepting orders for books they have in stock. For Ministry of Image, see https://www.ministryofimage.net/post/your-title-what-s-your-blog-about . For Nonexistant I haven't seen any concrete actions, but since Nonexistant operates on a crowd-fund model, I suspect they'll continue to select books for publishing and run ongoing sign-up sheets, but not print any books unless a work-around is found. This is harsh for Russian ponyfic publishers with world-wide distribution. Are there any others? Has posting parcels from Russia been affected as well?

I ordered some plushies from a Russian creator a few months bat, and they just shipped out from Russia to the US this morning, so I presume shipping is still working ok? I'll know for sure when the package gets to customs though.

That's great! I forgot about other Russian fanworks. I just buy books, although I've seen some jaw-dropping good sculpts that I think are by a Russian artist too. Catching up on my blog reading, I see that apparently the Russian government will be cutting Russia off from the WWW On March 10th or 11th. People still using LiveJournal are in a tizzy.

That's not good... I have a couple friends in Russia.

There's a lot of talented pony fans over there though for sure, I actually got a sculpt of my OC from a Russian creator, and there's soooo many plushie makers based out of Russia, it's definitely going to be really sad if the internet really does go down...

I know! If the cutoff from the WWW becomes true, that will cut them off FiMFiction too, as both contributors and readers! Not cool.

I bought a book end of last month and that shipped fine at the start of the month, currently in Germany on way to UK, BUT as of yesterday it seems Russia are refusing to ship abroad and Russian post website is inaccessible in the UK. Furthermore, as of today Etsy has suspended all Russian sellers from its site whilst even more payment options are blocking Russia. I collect plush to and know this will hit many of the makers hard, I've got 2 comms ongoing and one plush that needs shipping from Russia and no idea what's going to happen next. On the other hand though I understand the reasons for these sanctions and what Ukraine is going through is horrific and much worse.

Livejournal seems to still be up today, but I'm not sure, I haven't logged in to LiveJournal since they made a TOS change in 2017. Meanwhile, the currency is crashing, the stores will run out of supplies within a month and there will be no way to know how people are coping there, unless cell phones will allow some cross border chatter to get through.

OK, it looks like the brouhaha and stampede in the Livejournal crowd was due to a rumor that was latched onto by too many nervous Nellies. *shifty eyes* Sorry about that.

If anyone can find a way to work around sanctions for small customer purchases, it’d either be us or the furries.

Ah I was looking for a message about this last weekend, guess I was just one day too early. I've ordered quite a lot of books from them (MoI) in the past already, and plan to do so again in the future.

I don't know many personally (and certainly not IRL), but I do know that the Russian pony fandom is quite a thing. I've also played way too much mods where a significant amount of developers are from there (I'm looking at you, Equestria at War) and also for other games (especially SpinTires/MudRunner) the quality mods are always Russian...

The Russian game I like to see updates for is Ambient. https://ambientproject.net/ There was also the Sweetiebot robotics project, but I haven't seen any updates for that in a while.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11