Printed Fiction Hardcopies 397 members · 710 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Themisto
Group Admin

Starscribe is printing a new book called Recursive Iterations on INDIEGOGO. It is a collection of all his Friendship is Optimal short stories. The Project is already funded and there are 23 days left to sign up (at the time of writing this thread). 

Quote from Starscribe's INDIEGOGO page:
You get a 700 page hardcover book, containing 250,000 words of Optimal fiction. One of the stories inside, Ouroboros, was written specifically for this volume. It contains every FiO Novella and short story I've ever written, including:

Futile Resistance, Broken Things, Life Support, Memento Mori, Recalculating, Optimal Game Master, Drowning in the Digital See, Ouroboros, and Memory of Forever. The book is hardcover, glossy laminated, black and white.

It is also possible to sign up for already finished INDIEGOGO printings by Starscribe with the Backorder Book option. The links to the finished projects:

This is very tempting. ^_^ I've read a few things by Starscribe and they were good. Right now I'm reading the Friendship is Optimal anthology Badge Granted, which includes a story by Starscribe. The more I read, the less I feel that CelestAI is actually succeeding in uploading people. I'm reminded of Dr McCoy's misgivings about whether it is the same 'you' that steps out of a Transporter as the 'you' that had your molecules "beamed" to another location. No matter how fine-grained CelestIA's process, a picture is still a picture, even if it is self aware.

I have 23 days to finish Badge Granted and to see if I still buy into this insular hive of virtual minds scenario.

Thanks for all these updates on what's new in print!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2